• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
This Bellower boss fight has really muddied my enjoyment of The Banner Saga.

and this is post-patch

when i played it it was a lot more unfair and shitty

it really soured me from the game, i wasn't a huge fan of the combat before but that's just the worst situation ever

Ace Attorney deserves to be ported first more than Dino Crisis haters gonna hate

and Ghost Trick and Puzzle Fighter HD and Okami and Monster Hunter and Mega Man X

Hektor

Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.. That
King of the Storm
fight was amazing. Probably one of the best From has made so far. Constant heartattack with every move, partially because nearly everything oneshotted me. Took me like 15 or 20 tries, but damn, i didn't mind. The atmosphere and the action, oh wow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, if Saints Row's collection was $10 cheaper, I'd consider picking it up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
and this is post-patch

it really soured me from the game, i wasn't a huge fan of the combat before but that's just the worst situation ever

Yeah, I've went from loving the game to not being able to wait until I'm done with it.

So cheap and shitty.

Lain

Has the Wildstar page been there for a while? I don't remember it.
header.jpg

While I'm at it. HoPiKo looks interesting
header.jpg

HoPiKo is an intense speed run platformer where you get to save gaming. Jump from platform to platform avoiding death, exploiting shortcuts and ripping through 100s of hand-crafted levels, each one dropped into a 5-stage mini run designed to break your mind!
ss_6fe64941b1a25c2609273f823777b07b5e099ec5.jpg
ss_d3d455d632971cbb28de1f2a743feabfb29da472.jpg

Phinor

and this is post-patch

I think I also killed him before patch but I wonder what's going to happen with my save file going forward to Banner Saga 2, because for half the game I had zero fighters/varl (iirc, or zero clansmen? or zero for all of them?). I remember I started losing them because I ran out of food or supplies and there was nothing I could do. When I finally had an opportunity to do something about it I thought why bother, doesn't seem to have any effect on the game anyway.

mp1990

Banned
Ace Attorney deserves to be ported first more than Dino Crisis haters gonna hate

and Ghost Trick and Puzzle Fighter HD and Okami and Monster Hunter and Mega Man X

Maybe if they ported the franchise to PC, it wouldn't be such a hassle to bring spin offs like The Great Ace Attorney to West, considering that the community would probably expand in a significant way, and there would be a bigger chance of it being a hit.

Lomax

Man, if Saints Row's collection was $10 cheaper, I'd consider picking it up.

It's been $13 without Gat out of Hell in the past few sales. Looks like they just converted it to the new style bundle though, which is great if you already own some of the games (and considering how much they've been bundled, many people do), but it's worse if you don't own any of them.

fFaCRZH.png

Interesting to see how the owners projection lags behind the number of players projection.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I've went from loving the game to not being able to wait until I'm done with it.

So cheap and shitty.
yeah

there are things i like about banner saga but i think there's a lot of problems in how the combat and the progression work and that final boss fight was probably the single worst thing about the game

it's pretty disappointing cos it's such a bad sendoff for it and it totally killed my interest in the sequel

and as someone that loves the srpg genre and that spends a lot of time thinking about game design, i found the mechanics of the game to be very poorly conceived. it feels like the game needed more playstesting cos the strategic behaviors it encouraged just didn't make any sense and would've surfaced pretty quick (like, it's a much better strategy to leave a bunch of 1 hp dudes alive than to kill them)

i'm not upset as a backer but that's it for me with the series, at least at full price, or at least until i hear the gameplay's been significantly improved

I think I also killed him before patch but I wonder what's going to happen with my save file going forward to Banner Saga 2, because for half the game I had zero fighters/varl (iirc, or zero clansmen? or zero for all of them?). I remember I started losing them because I ran out of food or supplies and there was nothing I could do. When I finally had an opportunity to do something about it I thought why bother, doesn't seem to have any effect on the game anyway.
eh, i found the oregon trail part to be the most compelling about the game, the story and the choices as they were presented and the fact that a lot of seemingly important characters can just die was pretty cool

the whole "doesn't seem to have any effect" part i feel like depends on how you see it

the game is your tale through it, with its ups and downs, not necessarily a lienar story that you only care about the ending, and as such i do feel a strong sense of failure if i let half my caravan starve to death

at least that's how i felt it

Soulflarz

Banned
PSA
don't play the sequels to corpse party

they're terrible
My friend and I have actually had a good 1.5hr discussion breaking down blood drive and the contrivances, and we're convinced it actually is almost as bad as SAO in writing.

Parsnip

Amzin

I fully expect to see everything from them with an android port on Steam eventually. Which means at least Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Tactics.

FML I didn't know FFT was on Android. Now that I know it's only a matter of time >.>

Fucking Dark Souls III! I just want to tear my hair out. Granted I've been falling for some uber schoolboy deaths and I should really know better but it's been a while since a Souls game has made me this angry! Kind of see why the like of Durante go for caster type classes, resistance doesn't mean immunity. Oh and I'm not dead, working all hours of the day kind of makes your free time at a premium so sadly posting on GAF wasn't exactly at the top of my priorities the past couple of weeks.
Good to see you're still among us Dogg! I'm having a different experience. Likely because of the experience of previous Souls games but I find it so far zero frustrating or even very difficult. The good level design also helps alleviate long trudges upon death so far.
Just earlier did I help a guy as a summon for over an hour in the
Cathedral of Deep
. From the
Chapel
Bonfire all the way to the boss fog wall where a connection error split us sadly :( We cleared the whole area like bosses. It was the first time seeing the area for both of us, so we cheered each other up after every challenge, haha. That was a memorable experience.

It hasn't been out that long, game development takes time. Capcom has shown they are interested in continuing these ports as they pose almost zero risk.

Just be patient.

I hope we get Okami HD and Asura's Wrath. Always wanted to play those, but I didn't own a console. Some remasters of Clover Studios other games like God Hand and Viewtiful Joe wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not particularly holding thumbs though. After SEGA replied to me saying "so many games, so little time, stay tuned"... well, we know how that turned out. Still no Yakuza, Vanquish, Bayonetta or Resonance of Fate.

iosefe

I swore that Square Cells would be my last purchase for a while

I lied

FF9, guys! good enough for me to break a promise

Grief.exe

I hope we get Okami HD and Asura's Wrath. Always wanted to play those, but I didn't own a console. Some 6th gen remasters of Clover Studios other games like God Hand and Viewtiful Joe wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not particularly holding thumbs though. After SEGA replied to me saying "so many games, so little time", stay tuned"... well, we know how that turned out.

Are you implying Sega is finished?

zkylon

zkylewd
why not both

the zkylon way

Good to see you're still among us Dogg! I'm having a different experience. Likely because of the experience of previous Souls games but I find it so far zero frustrating or even very difficult. The good level design also helps alleviate long trudges upon death so far.
Just earlier did I help a guy as a summon for over an hour in the Cathedral of Deep. From the Chapel Bonfire all the way to the boss fog wall where a connection error split us sadly :( We cleared the whole area like bosses. It was the first time seeing the area for both of us, so we cheered each other up after every challenge, haha. That was a memorable experience.
the boss of the cathedral is the one that gave me the most trouble so far but yea, i have like 500 hours of dark souls on my belt, at this point the tricks are just not as effective on me

i don't like doing coop cos i like taking my sweet time staring at statues and walls but so far the online's been pretty enjoyable, been doing a bunch of pvp on the cathedral bonfire and been helping ppl fight bosses although with debatable success lol

i wish you could buy titanite earlier tho, i'm a bit tired of this estoc and want to use something different for a while but it just makes no sense to do so with how upgraded it is

Knurek

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture doesn't seem to perform all that well...

Better than the PS4 version, true, but that's not a high mark...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
...wha

gift me it pls

I'll paypal you $2 :V

Unfortunately, you can't gift "personalized" bundles like this one

Like, the bundle is $0.70 for me, but I'm just missing a few of the SR3 DLCs so I think I'll pass

Considering Valkyria came out in Nov 2014... what have they been doing?

What have we gotten on PC from the back catalogue since then? Sonic Lost World.

Anyway, just got Gat Out Of Hell for 23 rand. That's the equivalent of 1 dollar I think. Not a bad deal.

Lomax

Yeah, my Saint's Row bundle is 70 cents, but it's just the two pieces of cheat DLC I don't have. I think this new system is much better, but they shouldn't pull the old bundles from the store, just have both. That way there are good deals both for new buyers and people who already have a lot of the stuff. Wonder if we'll ever see Bethesda use this new bundle type...

FML I didn't know FFT was on Android. Now that I know it's only a matter of time >.>

Oh and Romancing Saga 2 is being ported to english for android as well. Now that would be huge on Steam if you ask me, since it never got an official western release.

Edit: for some reason I thought that was Secret of Mana 2, but I misremembered.

Eila

Oh I was wondering what all this Corpse Party talk was about.
Good price for all the work they put into it. Not sure how the PC version fares with the others, though, so I might wait for more clarification on that.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man, that patch business sure was funky, make up your mind regarding redistributables, Valve, pls. I do hope this is a sign of things to come because many of my games are stuck in a loop of installing redist shit for up to 10 seconds of not doing jackshit everytime I open them.

Lomax

Went to play a game on uPlay, got a notice an update was available and it was recommended I install it... but I could skip the update and play offline if I wanted. uPlay > Steam confirmed.
Not that I trust that option to work. And the game is The Division, which of course doesn't even have an offline mode.

Arthea

Oh and Romancing Saga 2 is being ported to english for android as well. Now that would be huge on Steam if you ask me, since it never got an official western release.

Edit: for some reason I thought that was Secret of Mana 2, but I misremembered.

aww, can Romancing SaGa 2 really come to steam?
kindly say me it can, now when you went down this alley and got my hopes up

Mivey

Went to play a game on uPlay, got a notice an update was available and it was recommended I install it... but I could skip the update and play offline if I wanted. uPlay > Steam confirmed
Must have been a glitch, maybe you should contact their support. uPlay bugging you about updates is its most essential feature. Without that, they could just use Steam.

Arthea

I dunno, I imagined myself being Sega once, what I would do after such success VC was? Would emphasize on that momentum with announcements and promises and plans and asked what people want next and looked into possibility to make it happen? That kinda thing
What Sega did again?

Well, the good news.

The good news is the indie bundle picked up major steam yesterday.

The bad news.

I just got hit with a $700 dental bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom