• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
how are you liking it? overwatch is fucking legit. I'm totally against $60 multiplayer only games but damn thsi game is super fun, matches are really short too so if you want to just play for like 10 minutes or less its possible.

Not $60 fun

I don't play MP games unless they bring something so unique to the table that I can't get a similar feeling from a diff game. IE- why Rocket League is fun to me.

I'd rather play a unique bad game than a average unnotable game, fwiw.

sadblob

Overwatch is very fun, I didn't get the beta but a friend borrowed me his account. If you want some reference, it's like Team Fortress 2 but better in every way

zkylon

zkylewd
how are you liking it? overwatch is fucking legit. I'm totally against $60 multiplayer only games but damn thsi game is super fun, matches are really short too so if you want to just play for like 10 minutes or less its possible.

what if i tell you it's 40 bucks

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The $60 version doesn't really seem that worthwhile over the $40 unless you're into Blizzard's other games or really fancy those skins.

I wonder how long it'll be before it sees a discount for the base game. If it has micro-transactions and a low-ish playercount, I can see it being aggressively discounted fairly soon. I imagine it'll sell just fine, but I wonder if Blizzard won't aim for...Rivaling CS:GO, TF2, Crossfire, etc. Multiplayer games need large, committed playerbases to reach critical mass, and it's kinda hard to imagine the PC version doing better than comparable games at comparable prices, but maybe I'm underestimating Blizzard's appeal, or underestimating their ambitions for the property. Considering it's what's left of Titan and how much they must've invested in those shorts and other marketing, I'm guessing their goals are pretty lofty.

tl;dr: I hope I get to buy it cheap sooner than later.

Not $60 fun

I don't play MP games unless they bring something so unique to the table that I can't get a similar feeling from a diff game. IE- why Rocket League is fun to me.

I'd rather play a unique bad game than a average unnotable game, fwiw.
oh ok. who do you like using? i like the girl with the mech, the fat demonic looking dude with the chain, and then death in that order.
Overwatch is very fun, I didn't get the beta but a friend borrowed me his account. If you want some reference, it's like Team Fortress 2 but better in every way
for reference i think team fortress 2 is trash, overwatch is actually fun.

see i remember hearing it was 40 bucks but on amazon and bilzzard themselves are seling it for 60 so i thought i just imagined it. where is it 40 bucks?

Soulflarz

Banned

Yes.

So is BDO, give or take $10

oh ok. who do you like using? i like the girl with the mech, the fat demonic looking dude with the chain, and then death in that order.

Mainly reaper and revolver guy

winning every match at ~20-5 doesn't make it more fun or anything :V

zkylon

zkylewd
40 bucks is the regular version

60 bucks is the deluxe version that comes with some shitty skins and some crap for like hots and hearthstone and stuff

they should both be available at blizz' site

So is BDO, give or take $10

i dont know what that is but sounds bad

winning every match at ~20-5 doesn't make it more fun or anything :V

i've only gotten to play lke 5 matches since i've been busy today, won 3/5. actually one of the games was really neat, it was the mode thats best 2/3 where you gotta hold the spot until you reach 100%, we were 1/1 and in the final round the enemy team just completely stepped their game up and as soon as the match started they got to the spot and they held it all the way up till 99% until some dude playing as death just went crazy and slaughtered them and we went from 0% to 100. I was legit surprised we won that game

bakeray

The $60 version doesn't really seem that worthwhile over the $40 unless you're into Blizzard's other games or really fancy those skins.

I wonder how long it'll be before it sees a discount for the base game. If it has micro-transactions and a low-ish playercount, I can see it being aggressively discounted fairly soon. I imagine it'll sell just fine, but I wonder if Blizzard won't aim for...Rivaling CS:GO, TF2, Crossfire, etc. Multiplayer games need large, committed playerbases to reach critical mass, and it's kinda hard to imagine the PC version doing better than comparable games at comparable prices, but maybe I'm underestimating Blizzard's appeal, or underestimating their ambitions for the property. Considering it's what's left of Titan and how much they must've invested in those shorts and other marketing, I'm guessing their goals are pretty lofty.

tl;dr: I hope I get to buy it cheap sooner than later.
if you have prime it's 20% off

ExoSoul

Banned
i was looking through my dks1 screenshots and found this one from anor londo

anyone remember what that place is supposed to be?

reminds me of some stuff from dks3, not really sure if it's in the game so i don't think this is a spoiler, just some speculation

how do you guys do it ;_;

Duke's archives

Jawmuncher

All of Soulflarz thoughts on the game is like the opposite I've been hearing. Aside from the $60 price, which to me no MP only game has ever been worth considering all of the options for free or cheaper. Though at least on PC a 40 dollar option exists.
Can't say winning games is something I would put as a negative, especially when you're playing with a pool of new players. Can't say I've ever gone "man I wish I was getting my ass beat when playing online".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone know of a simple way to run the W10 Xbox App from Steam?

You can't. It's UWP? AFAIK unless you are able to find it's "shortcut" you can't exactly do that. IIRC Killer Instinct is the same because you're launching it from it's "live tile."

Soulflarz

Banned
All of Soulflarz thoughts on the game is like the opposite I've been hearing. Aside from the $60 price, which to me no MP only game has ever been worth considering all of the options for free or cheaper. Though at least on PC a 40 dollar option exists.
Can't say winning games is something I would put as a negative, especially when you're playing with a pool of new players. Can't say I've ever gone "man I wish I was getting my ass beat when playing online".

I want some challenge! I...didn't say winning every match was a negative
I said it was neutral

And nah, moreso I can't justify it for the price
It's fun, but it's...kind of basic in concept
Theres nothing new to this table that I feel like I haven't gotten a relatively similar experience in other games from.

Lain

I swear everyone got a beta invite for overwatch except me

and i actually want to play it

v6WPOrk.png

You're not alone. Skimming the beta thread and reading that the European invite wave was open for only 5 minutes had me pretty sad.

zkylon

zkylewd
one more boss down, holy shit the vista after w
olfnir

w
olfnir
wasn't so bad, tho i think i got a bit of favorable rng since it
didn't spawn any skellies or draw out his sword
. i feel like this guy is gonna be real trouble in ng+ tho

i'm really liking this double mace combo, it staggers like everything and the only shield i've used all game has been the stamina regeneration so it works out pretty good

knowing nothing about it, that actually looks pretty good

also love how it gave me an age check but on the bulletpoint list it says "Ghostbusting fun for the whole family: Gamers of all ages and experience can dive right into the action. "

Ludens

Banned
For wbacon: Resident Evil Code Veronica is still missing on PC, and it's an essential part of the saga.
Also, RE3 Remake too.

mp1990

Banned
For wbacon: Resident Evil Code Veronica is still missing on PC, and it's an essential part of the saga.
Also, RE3 Remake too.
I could definitely see RE3 Remake being in the makes as soon as they get done with the RE2 one, but it wouldn't make any sense to announce it before releasing the former entry. I doubt they'll go as far as remaking Code Veronica, though, so yeah It would be nice to have the OG version available.

malcher

How can I check if The Banner Saga 2 is region locked? SteamDB doesn't seem to contain any info about region lock. Does it mean it is save to buy at Nuuvem and redeem (and play) in Europe?

Ludens

Banned
I could definitely see RE3 Remake being in the makes as soon as they get done with the RE2 one, but it wouldn't make any sense to announce it before releasing the former entry. I doubt they'll go as far as remaking Code Veronica, though, so yeah It would be nice to have the OG version available.

For Code Veronica I mean a simple port like RE4.
RE4 and CV were released pretty much at the same time on console, the PS3 version of CV is much better than DC one, Capcom should simply port that one.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Supreme League of Patriots -- MB-4B670361BAC1C611 - Taken by nightstorm

Knurek

I'm guessing releasing alongside consoles panned out for Bamco:

header.jpg

Owners: 578,661 ± 18,174

That's what, at least 20 M$ in revenue day one?

Lain

I'm guessing releasing alongside consoles panned out for Bamco:

header.jpg

Owners: 578,661 ± 18,174

That's what, at least 20 M$ in revenue day one?

Meh, it would have done better if it launched 6mo-1year later while talking about if, if and more if. Let's hope this trend of releasing on PC alongside consoles doesn't keep up, wouldn't want to see devs going under because of all those sales they end up missing on.

Deques

How can I check if The Banner Saga 2 is region locked? SteamDB doesn't seem to contain any info about region lock. Does it mean it is save to buy at Nuuvem and redeem (and play) in Europe?
If you didnt find any info that it is locked then it's likely it's not locked

Monooboe

Ok after hundred hours I'm starting to feel like I might be done with Stardew Valley... I still want to play it but I'm surprised how much of an ending completing the community center felt. Will probably go back and finished some of the things in the game, try and get more achievements.

I know it's early but I have really hard time seeing any other game topping that one this year.

Started to try out Enter the Gungeon and seems great, feels like the game I wanted Nuclear Throne to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom