• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Lmfaoo what a way to end all this, 10/10. This was such a fun story i think its time for another disgaea giveaway, who wants sum disgaea? I wonder if i got 20 bucks lying around in my paypal, i mean i should since indont remember using it.

#savetheprinnies

You still owe me so I'll just take the game, thanks.

pahamrick

You still owe me so I'll just take the game, thanks.

Dw47lAS.gif

derExperte

Prank giveaways are fine, just promise to give the game later and then forget about it. We call that 'getting shadownetted' or 'doing an AWLenard'.

Vuze

Prank giveaways are fine, just promise to give the game later and then forget about it. We call that 'getting shadownetted' or 'doing an AWLenard'.
Oh yeah, I remember I won Arkham Knight from Shadownet. I forgot to "claim" it myslef once it was released however lol

Oh wow. Have people really not been given stuff they won on an AW stream?
Only time where someone did not get what they won that I can think of was when Bernando won something but that was because of the publisher more than anything.

why is typing on Mobile so goddamn hard

Nillansan

I'm not whiling to give it a try right off the bat, considering that I hated my time with every MOBA I tried (Awesomenauts being the exception, though that one doesn't really counts), but depending on the word of mouth it receives, I might give it a chance, since combat in the Borderlands games was enjoyable, to some degree.

The only MOBA games that I have tried besides Monday Night Combat and Super Monday Night Combat, were Smite and DOTA 2 and I couldn't get into them. Did you try Monday Night Combat or Super Monday Night Combat while they were still had a somewhat thriving community? I don't think they can be considered as traditional MOBA games as they are very heavy on the action side of things.

Pachimari

I know that Battleborn has been a subject of mockery, but I actually think that the PVP multi-player modes sound great. I am slightly conflicted though, the Borderlands games do not appeal to me, especially the gameplay, which is partly integrated into Battleborn and I think that Randy Pitchford is an idiot, but out of the three big upcoming hero-shooters (Battleborn, Paragon and Overwatch), Battleborn actually seems to be the closest to emulate Monday Night Combat/Super Monday Night Combat, both were games that I loved. Are any of you considering to give Battleborn a go?

I'm not planning on buying it but it seems to be legit if you read impressions of those who have played the beta.

It's also worth nothing, that Battleborn and Paragon are MOBA's, while Overwatch is not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Did he not end up coming through with the several IOU giveaways he held?

The only MOBA games that I have tried besides Monday Night Combat and Super Monday Night Combat, were Smite and DOTA 2 and I couldn't get into them. Did you try Monday Night Combat or Super Monday Night Combat while they were still had a somewhat thriving community? I don't think they can be considered as traditional MOBA games as they are very heavy on the action side of things.
I remember buying monday night combat when it came out, what a piece of junk it was, that game ran like complete butt cheeks on my rig at the time even though i met all the requirements AND i was even able to play more demanding games at the time. The one and only time i ever needed a refund from a purchase >_>

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Normality -- MB-B1445D53E9C40F73 - Taken by rainking187

I'm not planning on buying it but it seems to be legit if you read impressions of those who have played the beta.

Is the beta different from the closed alpha they had a few months ago? Because I'd be amazed if anyone had anything good to say about that 'alpha'.

I also watched some campaign footage a few days ago and it looked dull as hell. Couldn't even make it through the whole video. Just not seeing where the fun is.

Megauap

Is the beta different from the closed alpha they had a few months ago? Because I'd be amazed if anyone had anything good to say about that 'alpha'.

I also watched some campaign footage a few days ago and it looked dull as hell. Couldn't even make it through the whole video. Just not seeing where the fun is.

I'm with you. Battleborn is gonna bomb hard in my opinion.

Jawmuncher

I didn't mind the alpha, but the game screams to be a TPS instead of an FPS. Especially with the melee characters.

I think battleborn looks alright 😑 waiting for that public beta so i can try it out but in all honesty i probably wont buy it anyway, like this beta has to be really REALLY good for me to change my opinion

derExperte

Oh wow. Have people really not been given stuff they won on an AW stream?

Nah, not due to malicious intent but sometimes things fall through the cracks and then it can take a tremendous amount of time and constant nagging. First and foremost they should somehow reorganize the shipping of hardware prizes, that's a pain for everyone involved.

pahamrick

Pretty sure he came through with some of them. How many people did he owe?

There were a few, seemed like he was constantly doing IOU giveaways for titles that were still a year or so away. Vuze is at least one who didn't get Arkham Knight, per his post earlier.

Nah, not due to malicious intent but sometimes things fall through the cracks and then it can take a tremendous amount of time and constant nagging. They seriously need to somehow reorganize the shipping of hardware prizes, that's a pain for everyone involved.

Okay, that doesn't sound as bad. I was thinking people had won and were being straight up ignored.

JarrodL

Not a prank giveaway of a great game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) -- MB-FFA3E1153B594C4A - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 15 entrants total.

t1459613565z1.png

Jadax

Not a prank giveaway of a great game.

A great giveaway! I would totally go for this if it wasn't GOG (not complaining mind you), I have just never used it, and I hate having my games split up among all these platforms (right now: Steam, Origins, Uplay, Humble, and some other random sites I've forgotten the names of now).

I'm looking forward to it being on a sweet deal during the summer sale.

Well you know, considering the vast amount of prankster uncles on Steam, you should expect prank giveaways :")

HAHAHAH omg I forgot about him. Haven't seen him around for a while, and he removed me from his friend-list too. What happened to him?

Hektor

Finished HLD. Too bad the steamoverlay didn't work for screenshots, because daaamn, does that game look impressive.

Yakkue

Finished Castle in the Darkness, a NES-style metroidvania platformer filled with references to other games.
5VtUN3T.jpg

The checkpoints can get fairly frustrating in the latter parts of the game.
Sometimes it goes like this: checkpoint -> hard platforming area -> boss fight -> another hard platforming area -> checkpoint. There are spikes that can instantly kill you, so getting a jump wrong can often prove fatal.
Nice game for people who enjoy difficult games. Was a bit too frustrating for my non-existant skill-level at times, but it's definitely worth giving a try. There are a ton of easter eggs and secrets to find, although you may also encounter a couple of glitches.
oRU8fKC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom