• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

I'm not planning on buying it but it seems to be legit if you read impressions of those who have played the beta.

Yup, the impressions so far, makes it sound like a really solid effort from Gearbox.

It's also worth nothing, that Battleborn and Paragon are MOBA's, while Overwatch is not.

I aware of the differences between the three games, I did initially call them hero-shooters as that is the primary aspect that they all have in common.

I remember buying monday night combat when it came out, what a piece of junk it was, that game ran like complete butt cheeks on my rig at the time even though i met all the requirements AND i was even able to play more demanding games at the time. The one and only time i ever needed a refund from a purchase >_>

That's unfortunate as the game itself is incredible, I personally didn't experience any issues on my end even on my modest set-up.

AHA-Lambda

Rejoice, we've found the one who'll surpass the anime gifs.

Bravo. This is the worst gif I have ever seen in a Steam thread.

D:

...Good thing I didn't eat breakfast yet.

tumblr_muzjoiIgh01sihyr3o1_500.gif

mp1990

Banned
The only MOBA games that I have tried besides Monday Night Combat and Super Monday Night Combat, were Smite and DOTA 2 and I couldn't get into them. Did you try Monday Night Combat or Super Monday Night Combat while they were still had a somewhat thriving community? I don't think they can be considered as traditional MOBA games as they are very heavy on the action side of things.
I wasn't into PC gaming back when those games were in their strides, so no, didn't had the chance to try them. The idea behind MOBA games quite interest me, though, is just that I don't enjoy the gameplay in those bird's eyes views games, and Battleborn seems to give a twist to that formula (I know it wasn't the first to try that, but because it's also an FPS I'm more keen to give it a shot). With that said, Paragon looks way more interesting than BB, so I might wait for that one to release.

Jawmuncher

Finished Castle in the Darkness, a NES-style metroidvania platformer filled with references to other games.
5VtUN3T.jpg

The checkpoints can get fairly frustrating in the latter parts of the game.
Sometimes it goes like this: checkpoint -> hard platforming area -> boss fight -> another hard platforming area -> checkpoint. There are spikes that can instantly kill you, so getting a jump wrong can often prove fatal.
Nice game for people who enjoy difficult games. Was a bit too frustrating for my non-existant skill-level at times, but it's definitely worth giving a try. There are a ton of easter eggs and secrets to find, although you may also encounter a couple of glitches.
oRU8fKC.gif

Why does this remind me of Milons Secret Castle?

Oof. Robo is a mod. Now it sunk to me.
I just got home from work and logged on to GAF...

Vw5CuB7.gif

Holy shit you guys. You actually went ahead and did it... What an incredibly kind gesture from all of you who pitched in!

I'm not gonna lie, a part of me thought your PM was going to end up being another April fools joke... like the ultimate alley-oop prank. I think I've developed trust issues.

But seriously, thank you guys so much. This is the nicest thing a stranger (or group of strangers) has ever done for me. Wow!
Heh, congrats (again). These are some good vibes.
Finished Castle in the Darkness, a NES-style metroidvania platformer filled with references to other games.
5VtUN3T.jpg

Sometimes it goes like this: checkpoint -> hard platforming area -> boss fight -> another hard platforming area -> checkpoint. There are spikes that can instantly kill you, so getting a jump wrong can often prove fatal.
Nice game for people who enjoy difficult games. Was a bit too frustrating for my non-existant skill-level at times, but it's definitely worth giving a try. There are a ton of easter eggs and secrets to find, although you may also encounter a couple of glitches.
oRU8fKC.gif
You do live after all! Or did I not "see" you because domo-kun got eaten by the bad wolf :(
Looks nice in a oldschool way.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Oh, that Dark Souls III Deluxe giveaway was bogus? lol. What game did the winner end up with anyway?

But yeah, I remember people doing trolly Modbot giveaways every year at April's fools and getting away with it. Dark Souls is serious business, it seems

My mind cannot grasp how anyone would think that prank would be so side splittingly funny. Do people even think before doing shitty pranks?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't notice Endruen chipped in to make it right :p Welcome back! (But please, don't make high profile prank giveaways).

Oh, that Dark Souls III Deluxe giveaway was bogus? lol. What game did the winner end up with anyway?

But yeah, I remember people doing trolly Modbot giveaways every year at April's fools and getting away with it. Dark Souls is serious business, it seems

I don't think he got anything but a link to an April Fools pic. Some from SteamGAF here helped chip in to pick him up a copy though.

Usually its pretty obvious and lighthearted.

5VtUN3T.jpg

oRU8fKC.gif

Really need to get this. It's been on my wishlist pretty much since release, but it's the kinda game I expect to be bundled sooner or later, so I keep holding off in hope of getting it cheap.

It'd be hilarious if Endruen ended up winning Uzzy's actual Dark Souls 3 giveaway.
But I think you know about those things better, ha ;)

Lain

That's not what modbot was created for

If that isn't what modbot was created for, why does modbot change the name of game's giveaway on April fools day?

Let's not kid ourselves here, the prank was mean but the ban wasn't deserved.

Kiru

WB Endruen. That was a short ban. I was catching up to the whole story and noticed your profile getting unbanned during that time.

My mind cannot grasp how anyone would think that prank would be so side splittingly funny. Do people even think before doing shitty pranks?
i honest to god thought it was hilarous, i was on my sides. in fact i found it so funny i went to go tell my brother about it, in fact just thinking about it is making me laugh a bit. Guess I'm an asshole too tho.
If I made it the joke would be that it was only the regular edition. (⌐■_■)
what made it so funny was that it was the deluxe version tho. for what its worth i do think it was a really douchey thing to do, if I would have done it i would have done the troll giveaway, let it sit for a bit so i can enjoy the laughs and then give the game for reals.

Echoplx

If that isn't what modbot was created for, why does modbot change the name of game's giveaway on April fools day?

Didnt he post it before April 1st? I know it ended on the first technically but it was still a shitty way to do it, I thought it was legit because of that.

r3n4ud

Modbotting games on the 1st as a joke is one thing, but his raffle was created on the 31st. And to create a fake raffle for such a high profile game is kinda shady imo. Whatever though, he chipped in to make it right so good on him.

People obviously have their own opinion whether it was a funny prank or in bad taste but what's for sure is that he got us all with it. That's a feat to achieve on April Fools Day. Glad he was a good sport and chipped in the real gift and got unbanned.

Prank giveaways are fine, just promise to give the game later and then forget about it. We call that 'getting shadownetted' or 'doing an AWLenard'.
About that, frosty hasn't gotten the RotTR from shadownet yet, and probably never will, at least the guy who won the Endruan giveaway got the game.

Context is important. Your examples are usually very obvious and not huge by any stretch.

About that, frosty hasn't gotten the RotTR from shadownet yet, and probably never will, at least the guy who won the Endruan giveaway got the game.
I have a feeling he would have followed through if he wasn't already permabanned. Still pretty shitty though but shadownet is hardly a decent person in my opinion.

r3n4ud

Please let May Humble be a good one

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mad Max -- MB-3B57965A2966E05C - Taken by freshVeggie. 6 entrants total.

t1459608105z1.png

Endruen

Guess who's back!
Didn't notice Endruen chipped in to make it right :p Welcome back! (But please, don't make high profile prank giveaways).
Thank you for unbanning me. Souls is a serious bussiness.
I think you are the most upsetted one. He found it funny and he got the game, no harm done.
It'd be hilarious if Endruen ended up winning Uzzy's actual Dark Souls 3 giveaway.
But I think you know about those things better, ha ;)
As I said, I'm not entering that giveaway as a penitence.
Didnt he post it before April 1st? I know it ended on the first technically but it was still a shitty way to do it, I thought it was legit because of that.

That's a little time zone-dependent, but he himself is in Spain, so yes.
Yeah, it was before, but not too much, like 11pm iirc. The thing is that I wanted it to end on April 1st. I thought it would have been worse otherwise.
I'm a bit scared that JaseC remembers I'm spanish o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a feeling he would have followed through if he wasn't already permabanned.

Well, he could have reached out to the winners via an intermediary if he didn't delete all GAFers from his friends list after being banned. That doesn't exactly paint a nice picture.

Yeah, it was before, but not too much, like 11pm iirc. The thing is that I wanted it to end on April 1st. I thought it would have been worse otherwise.
I'm a bit scared that JaseC remembers I'm spanish o_O

Haha, admittedly I had to check your profile before posting. ;)

Anteater

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 is at 76k

It's still currently #3 on the top 10 in my region

Would be interesting if this is the game to bring in more chinese players, I saw the retail copies here but I didn't check if those are steam activated (I assume they are)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
that's no excuse, there's steam friend list and steam chat, it's not like he got no way to communicate with frosty.

Didn't he do a friendlist purge after he was permed? Seems like he wanted to leave GAF behind and he couldn't care less about those old promises

Grief.exe

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 is at 76k

It's still currently #3 on the top 10 in my region

Would be interesting if this is the game to bring in more chinese players, I saw the retail copies here but I didn't check if those are steam activated (I assume they are)

Chinese users actually saw large growth as a percentage of the total Steam user base this year. Will have to dig up specific numbers from the Steam Spy Twitter.

Well, he could have reached out to the winners via an intermediary if he didn't delete all GAFers from his friends list after being banned. That doesn't exactly paint a nice picture.

I think he simply did all those giveaways for posturing. Once he got banned there was little reason to go on with the fake act.

Just goes to show that anyone who acts all nicey nicey here is probably a fake.

Didn't he do a friendlist purge after he was permed? Seems like he wanted to leave GAF behind and he couldn't care less about those old promises
who knows? he purged his friend list multiple times while he was on gaf. But at least he should have been forthcoming and told the people he owed clearly he had no intention of keeping the promise, because some people skipped preorder deals on nuveem and the likes waiting for the promised copy and then had to hunt for a good deal when it was harder to find a good price.

komorebi

I think he simply did all those giveaways for posturing. Once he got banned there was little reason to go on with the fake act.

Just goes to show that anyone who acts all nicey nicey here is probably a fake.

I remember when Rhaknar gave away like 50,000 games, now its a ghost town. He's a pretty cool guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom