• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2014 - Everybody loves iDLEM@STER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Thank you Chinzo for being such an incredible guy. He just added me on Steam and gave me a battle-tested Asiimov P90. the skin I wanted for so long but could not bring myself to pay so much for it.

I'm at lost for words. Such an amazing guy.

The gun is worth around $16.50. I mean... like damn.. <3 I barely even talked to the guy. but wow. He knew I've been going through some bad stuff and he just gave it to me.

Miker

most traders are selling for 3 keys so unless you can get keys cheaper than the going rate, you might as well just buy it from the store unless you want to save ~.20

Thanks, I'll pick it up later.

On the topic of CS: GO, about how long, on average, does a full competitive game take? I know it varies a lot, but ballpark range.

Lomax

Well, it looks like in "fixing" the free +1s for f2p games, they've broken something with family sharing and those games. I own tables in Pinball FX2, which aren't shareable (they used to be, but haven't been for a couple months now as you can't share DLC for a "owned" game). Problem is, now anyone sharing my account now can't start the game up on their own at all to play the free table without it counting as accessing my account. This would be okay if it shared the DLC, but it doesn't. So it's double fail, no dlc sharing and a lockout. Hopefully they get it fixed, as it's very annoying and quite contrary to how family sharing is intended to work. It looks like they removed the idea that you "owned" the free game, but if it's shared, there's no way to own it on your own. I tried using the SteamDB links to see if that would override it, but it doesn't.

C4rter

well, i went for it and bought it, for 6$ it's a steal imo, and if it'll be pulled for steam or something, i'll be able to show it off :p
I loved the classic games as I said before and it does have some good reviews, I couldn't resist :p

Ah well, now you made me think. I've got 25,38&#8364; in card money (thanks to the awesome idle master). I could use some of that to get the game for this price. Jagged Alliance 1 as a gift (still missing in my Steam Library). And I think I would be devastated if this was indeed only some kind of price mistake and not some scam. I think I'll buy it after all.

Cheddahz

Banned
Thank you Chinzo for being such an incredible guy. He just added me on Steam and gave me a battle-tested Asiimov P90. the skin I wanted for so long but could not bring myself to pay so much for it.

I'm at lost for words. Such an amazing guy.

The gun is worth around $16.50. I mean... like damn.. <3 I barely even talked to the guy. but wow. He knew I've been going through some bad stuff and he just gave it to me.
sounds like a nice fellow!

aScaris

Sorry, but there is one card...

9a76ae25eb784f1f2ed22c5cc4693885a0edc519.jpg

Looks like the Marvel Heroes DLC is now officially on sale at -50% off. The sale goes for a week, until the 22nd.

I wouldn't say it's a great deal, but if you're enjoying the game they aren't a terrible purchase. I really doubt there will be a better dollar-to-content ratio available for quite some time.

Now I need to sit down and meditate over which is better... the Avengers or X-Force pack. Fortunately I have time to think, since the MH servers are currently undergoing a prolonged downtime for today's patch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So thanks to Idle Master I've been selling a lot of cards on the market lately.

One thing I've found is that when selling cards I'm often checking not only the current lowest price, but also the current buy order price for a particular card. I've found that when I list a card right at it's buy order price, it sells instantly.

I'm thinking of pulling the current highest buy order price into the inventory page, for people like me who can't really be bothered to list their cards and let them sit on the market and babysit them until they sell. I guess it'd be kind of like eBay's "buy it now" except it would be more like "sell it now". Most of the time, it's pretty close. But sometimes when a game's cards are tanking fast (like Bionic Hearts is right now) it's best to just pump and dump them.

Sendou

Haha oh god. I was playing Always Sometimes Monsters. After about an hour I decided it was a good time to take a screenshot so I pressed F12. Little did I know that instead of taking a screenshot the game would send me flying to main menu my last 45 minutes lost.

I mean why have they designed this to work this way? I just can't understand. I paid 5€ for this. I'm pretty bummed. Anyways heads up.

egocrata

Banned
So the last Steam update for Mac really broke a ton of things.

Since the update, a whole slew of games are refusing to start. Cities in Motion 1 does not load at all, and it gives the "game already running error" the second time you try to run it. DEFCON does the same. Cities in Motion 2 boots, gets to the menu screen, and claims that it failed to initialize steam, kicking me out. Civilization V does not even get to the start menu, and claims that Steam is not running.

Some games still work, but it is pretty random what goes in and not. Kerbal Space Program, a friggin Alpha release, loads, but a lot others do. Steam worked flawlessly pre-update, so they really fucked it up hard.

iMac 27 inch, 12 GB RAM, Mid2011.

derExperte

Is Castlevania LoS2 on nuuvem regions locked? In the Uk here, site says it is.

Earlier in the thread someone didn't have a problem activating the game.

Haha oh god. I was playing Always Sometimes Monsters. After about an hour I decided it was a good time to take a screenshot so I pressed F12. Little did I know that instead of taking a screenshot the game would send me flying to main menu my last 45 minutes lost.

I mean why have they designed this to work this way? I just can't understand. I paid 5&#8364; for this. I'm pretty bummed. Anyways heads up.

Oh my. How does the save system work?

Sendou

Oh my. How does the save system work?

Manual saves and apparently auto saves at some points. In my 45 minutes on wandering around I didn't come across to one. This isn't exactly the kind of game where I want to do it again either, you know?

Honestly I'm just going to shelf this for now. Ridiculous

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I mean why have they designed this to work this way? I just can't understand. I paid 5&#8364; for this. I'm pretty bummed. Anyways heads up.

Doesn't the game have an autosave feature for one save slot? I remember there being one.

edit:
Manual saves and apparently auto saves at some points. In my 45 minutes on wandering around I didn't come across to one. This isn't exactly the kind of game where I want to do it again either, you know?

Honestly I'm just going to shelf this for now. Ridiculous

Ouch, that sucks :/

hey look at what I found in my email! it was from a few days back, I'm downloading mines now so I don't know if its still active or not
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher Adventure Game(GOG) -- MB-8D01EEFA1A165E74 - Taken by tjohn86. 1 entrants total.
I don't know if the beta is still on but whatever

t1408154475z1.png

Lomax

So thanks to Idle Master I've been selling a lot of cards on the market lately.

One thing I've found is that when selling cards I'm often checking not only the current lowest price, but also the current buy order price for a particular card. I've found that when I list a card right at it's buy order price, it sells instantly.

I'm thinking of pulling the current highest buy order price into the inventory page, for people like me who can't really be bothered to list their cards and let them sit on the market and babysit them until they sell. I guess it'd be kind of like eBay's "buy it now" except it would be more like "sell it now". Most of the time, it's pretty close. But sometimes when a game's cards are tanking fast (like Bionic Hearts is right now) it's best to just pump and dump them.

Yeah that would be pretty useful. Would give more of an idea about demand too.

The short story: Nuuvem is covering its arse and you have nothing to worry about unless you live in Asia.
The long story: [Pending.] This post.
Does the list of countries that need a vpn for activation count for all games on nuuvem marked as region-locked or only for mg rising? Would be good to know for future purchases.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (28 Posts Later, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite -- MB-4FE3A04DBB995700

derExperte

Does the list of countries that need a vpn for activation count for all games on nuuvem marked as region-locked or only for mg rising? Would be good to know for future purchases.

He probably pulled that from SteamDB, you have to go there and dig through the subs for every game separately.

Sendou

Doesn't the game have an autosave feature for one save slot? I remember there being one.

edit:

Ouch, that sucks :/

Oh that's how the auto save works in this game! Well at least I don't have to replay content. Thanks for telling me.

I still have to wonder how hard it can be to find a way to disable one button. The developers acknowledged this issue three months ago.

BTW I hope that stamina bar doesn't mean this game is going where I think it's going. I want to go through the story making choices. Not figuring out where I can find an energy bar for my character to eat. Depends on how it's handled but usually I have disliked things like these in games.

Parsnip

Had to temporarily mute Phil Fish on twitter, he's RTing so much stuff about the Ferguson situation that it's getting to be a little too much.

Teppic

Please tell me how to play CS:GO, because I suck. It seems that other people can shoot me with one shot, while I have to shoot them a lot of times. If I start shooting someone in the back, they have time to turn around, wait a bit, and then shoot me.

Sendou

Had to temporarily mute Phil Fish on twitter, he's RTing so much stuff about the Ferguson situation that it's getting to be a little too much.

Yeah I did that too lol. I have had to unfollow many devs simply because they RT and talk so much about their domestic politics and such it gets annoying.

Please tell me how to play CS:GO, because I suck. It seems that other people can shoot me with one shot, while I have to shoot them a lot of times. If I start shooting someone in the back, they have time to turn around, wait a bit, and then shoot me.

Head is a good place to aim your bullets at.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

You can turn off re-tweets on a per-user basis. I do with about 99% of users I follow, because if I was interested in the people they're retweeting, I'd be following them myself.

I also have Phil Fish blocked, because it makes no sense to pay attention to him. I'll play his next game if/when it comes out, but beyond that I have no relationship with him.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

different guns do different damage

some people are also wearing body armor

also headshots

Sendou

&#653;od&#592;&#670;od&#623;n&#647;S;125593757 said:
You can turn off re-tweets on a per-user basis. I do with about 99% of users I follow, because if I was interested in the people they're retweeting, I'd be following them myself.

I also have Phil Fish blocked, because it makes no sense to pay attention to him. I'll play his next game if/when it comes out, but beyond that I have no relationship with him.

Why does your name look like that? :(

Aim for the chest, the recoil will take you to neck and headshots.

Parsnip

&#653;od&#592;&#670;od&#623;n&#647;S;125593757 said:
How could I ever block him when he tweets gems like this.

UNiJldP.jpg

SSPssp

Are there any impressions of Bionic Heart?

Well, there don't seem to be that many reviews. Its a visual novel and the background plot is a pretty basic one of cyborgs and the meaning of humanity. You work at a "nanotech" company which should really be called a cybernetics company. I can say that the voice work isn't bad, and the plot twists are very interesting. You have to navigate your work and your relationships with real care, because there are several "bad" endings.

Tom and Helen (your best friend, and your GF, respectively) are pretty vanilla characters so far (1 hour in). But Tanya
and Julia seems interesting, but I nuked the lab right after meeting her.
is really interesting and has much more of a personality.

There are 24 endings! I've already gotten 5 of them and I've only played an hour. You get a real sense that your decisions add up. I assume the later endings get more and more interesting.

&#653;od&#592;&#670;od&#623;n&#647;S;125593946 said:
Thought it was one of those rumored tag-fishing threads. But it was just a plain stupid one.

OT is weird. Sometimes a user posts a OT thread into Gaming. People want to be funny and reply with gaming related stuff to the mostly real-life OP. I follow those threads until they get moved into OT. Man, how some make fun of Gaming afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom