• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

How come Capcom didn't put REmake/0 HD in their last bundle for PC?
__tears_in_the_rain___by_clivespaintings-d45ndto.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My Extra Life 2016 page is up and running for this year's game-streaming marathon.

I'll have more to announce soon, hopefully IsThereAnyDeal can sponsor my stream again this year with games I'll be able to give away - and we'll have new Enhanced Steam profile badges again this year as well.

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-9F625816A9E6A8F7 - Taken by oipic. 3 entrants total.
Regency Solitaire -- MB-DBD9B200F2B8AAB9 - Taken by Zeeman. 10 entrants total.

t1471985749z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice looking forward to it :D

I'll probably be leaning on you guys to help me pick games I'll be playing during the steam. I try to keep them recent (within the last 18 months), available on Steam (obviously), and having Steam achievements (because I'm somewhat shallow and like to look back after 24 hours and see all the stuff I've unlocked). Also, obviously, I'd like them to be at least somewhat entertaining to watch and not so challenging with puzzles and such that people don't have to sit and watch me figure something out for 20 minutes before being able to move on.

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Maybe some more, not sure

rtcn63

The PS4 controller goes on sale for like $30-40 pretty often.

And man, the in-game vsync for MD is shit. Just moving the camera made my head hurt. Luckily the NV control panel one works.

Zeknurn

I'll probably be leaning on you guys to help me pick games I'll be playing during the steam. I try to keep them recent (within the last 18 months), available on Steam (obviously), and having Steam achievements (because I'm somewhat shallow and like to look back after 24 hours and see all the stuff I've unlocked). Also, obviously, I'd like them to be at least somewhat entertaining to watch and not so challenging with puzzles and such that people don't have to sit and watch me figure something out for 20 minutes before being able to move on.

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris. There's your 24 hours all planned for.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
by my calculations, the total software sales of kickstarter+indiegogo software on Steam is about 50,000,000 units.

the total software sales of the Wii U, period, are 88,000,000 units.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
by my calculations, the total software sales of kickstarter+indiegogo software on Steam is about 50,000,000 units.

the total software sales of the Wii U, period, are 88,000,000 units.

Hot dayum that is a rough look for the Wii U. Here's to hoping that most of those sales are of Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles X (two amazing games that everyone should play). I know that isn't the case though and that is sad.

Phinor

Deus Ex is a pretty kewl game

but goddamn the mouse acceleration is crazy, I gently nudge the mouse and Jensen does a 180

I still wonder how many people really want mouse acceleration on mouse and why it's so often turned on by default and even worse, like with Deus Ex, no option to turn it off. It makes sense with gamepads but they put a lot of effort into the PC version, again. For me it makes the game almost unbearable to play. You are using mouse at all times outside of cutscenes so 100% of the time Deus Ex feels like crap to play. It doesn't help that the mouse sensitivity slider is just weird and there's no setting that feels right although it's probably also the mouse acceleration that throws me off.

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Total Warhammer is a good time. You will say waaaaagh!

yuraya

I'm kind of curious to see what kind of app/client Sony puts on PC that runs the service and how it compares to other clients like Origin, Uplay etc. Taking that first step is the hardest thing to do. Get your beak wet Sony ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anno

A week of stability until the absolutely nuts expansion cards arrive.
I've always liked Gorehorn, but not *that* much. (a 3-mana minion that gets bonus attack and doesn't get counterattacked if it hits straight from behind, and gets +1/+1 after each initiated attack)

What's the new player experience like for this? Tutorials and stuff, but also entering the ladder initially. The game looks super interesting from the little bit I've looked around.

Volimar

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

As much as I love XCOM 2, it's a real sleep inducer to watch someone else play.

My chocobo got sick of me just sitting on it and it taking me from place to place and decided to join me in battle

FF14 is some gooood fun! I'm about to google if i can get a house to dump off loot, find out how to build a stable, and best way to raise my chocobo.

Nordicus

What's the new player experience like for this? Tutorials and stuff, but also entering the ladder initially. The game looks super interesting from the little bit I've looked around.
On the ladder initially, the biggest hurdle will be knowing how to play the positioning aspect. Missplays will result the vast majority of your losses rather than your deck quality. When to step back, when to get in somebody's face, when/what to body block, when to grab/block/deny the +1 mana tiles that are on the board, etc.

Even at tournament level, people still easily do game-deciding missplays. The skill ceiling is that high.

Packs and cards themselves are very easy to acquire. You do your daily quests and get maybe 4 wins during this little girnd (btw, there are no "win X matches with Y class" daily quests), and you can easily get a pack per day, in addition to the Steam achievements that also give cards/packs/gold. And if you don't get the cards you want, the crafting rate is also pretty fair. You can easily get a genuinely competitive deck in a month if you focus on one or two factions.

Granjinha

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Abzu and Inside are INCREDIBLE. Hyper Light Drifter is pretty good, too. Firewatch is kinda meh.

But really, Inside is fucking awesome and so is ABZÛ.

Anno

On the ladder initially, the biggest hurdle will be knowing how to play the positioning aspect. Missplays will result the vast majority of your losses rather than your deck quality. When to step back, when to get in somebody's face, when/what to body block, when to grab/block/deny the +1 mana tiles that are on the board, etc.

Even at tournament level, people still easily do game-deciding missplays. The skill ceiling is that high.

Packs and cards themselves are very easy to acquire. You do your daily quests and get maybe 4 wins during this little girnd (btw, there are no "win X matches with Y class" daily quests), and you can easily get a pack per day, in addition to the Steam achievements that also give cards/packs/gold. And if you don't get the cards you want, the crafting rate is also pretty fair. You can easily get a genuinely competitive deck in a month if you focus on one or two factions.

That sounds solid. I'm fine with losing and learning, just dont want to feel like I have objectively no chance because of card disadvantage or something. Is playing multiple factionsand switching around a big thing?

jshackles

As much as I love XCOM 2, it's a real sleep inducer to watch someone else play.

Noted. Was wondering about that. Feels like my list is mostly indie this year - not that it's a bad thing. There just haven't been too many big AAA games come out this year that I'm interested in that I haven't already played.

Although I might add a few games to the list that haven't come out yet - maybe Dead Rising 1 and Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Abzu and Inside are INCREDIBLE. Hyper Light Drifter is pretty good, too. Firewatch is kinda meh.

But really, Inside is fucking awesome and so is ABZÛ.

Thanks for the feedback. Abzu and Inside also look like they're kinda short and could be pretty engaging which is really what I'm looking for here. Of course I always try to go into my Extra Life games as blind as possible so that it's almost like spending 24 hours doing quick one or two hour "what I think" type game reviews in fairly rapid succession.

Uzzy

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Oxenfree would be a good one to play.

Nordicus

That sounds solid. I'm fine with losing and learning, just dont want to feel like I have objectively no chance because of card disadvantage or something. Is playing multiple factionsand switching around a big thing?
Only in tournaments because there they tend to have a format of "each player brings 3 factions, first player to have 1 win with each faction deck wins" a good chunk of the time.

Then there are "play 4 matches with faction X" daily quests, but every quest can be rerolled once per day and any unfinished daily will pile a small reward into "play 3 matches" quest.

Other than that, not really that significant. Pick a favorite and go for it.

Cth

Has anyone played Oxenfree? I heard a few people recommend it as their GOTY. I ended up picking that one up today.

Also, considering getting ADR1FT in case anyone's played that as well.

I'm cool with walking/environment simulators.

Tizoc

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Add Aviary Attorney to the list!

jshackles

Add Aviary Attorney to the list!

I loved Aviary Attorney
thanks DrDogg!
but I try to stay away from games I've already played, if I can help it

kagamin

So far I'm thinking:

Abzu
Telltale Batman
Xcom 2
Inside
Slime Rancher
Firewatch
Technomancer
Hyper Light Drifter
Danganronpa
Superhot
Deus Ex MD
Hitman GO

Sora is a nice shmup/action game, its kinda hard if you're not used to the genre though.

Nzyme32

Deus Ex so far is pretty damn good. I've had excellent performance, and found only a few areas where my computer dips into the 50fps. Only annoyance are bugs that they need to fix

Valve did say they were working on a smaller/streamlined version. I'm waiting to see how that one goes.

Not quite. They said they are working on a new version that wouldn't be anything drastic changing in terms of features, only minor feature changes are a possibility, an improvement of "look and feel" / "rough edges". A valve guy was in the Controller thread and said they are only in the prototyping phase, so it won't be around for a long time anyway

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-EFD9A0F053FB907E - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
dis is da best puzzle game ever forever on steam and everywhere!!!! you gotta check this shit out!!!! yeahHHHHHHHHHH holla 2 my homies in da puzzle werld !!!!!!! #1

t1471995130z1.png

jshackles

Sora is a nice shmup/action game, its kinda hard if you're not used to the genre though.

And that's usually where the wheels fall off on these live streams. This is my fourth year doing Extra Life, and some sure some of you can remember a few of the games I've played where you all were probably rolling your eyes at puzzles I wasn't getting right away or instances where I died over and over again.

Also I found out with Hatoful Boyfriend that maybe visual novels don't usually work too well in this regard, unless maybe I read all the dialog aloud.

I suppose that above all else I like to at least think I'm entertaining people. I've found that story-heavy games usually work the best for this type of format, but I think I've also had some various degrees of success in other genres throughout the years.

Volimar

Anyone know when the next alienware vault is? My kid needs a computer for online classes at his school and if I could win him an alienware I'd be his hero.

I've missed so many streams though, mostly cuz of the olympics.

dot

Anyone know when the next alienware vault is? My kid needs a computer for online classes at his school and if I could win him an alienware I'd be his hero.

I've missed so many streams though, mostly cuz of the olympics.

I don't think there are vaults anymore. They haven't done those in months i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom