• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best feeling in the world was when my copy of mario kart also lead to a free copy of pikmin 3. bayo 1&2 coming out together is also a fantastic deal.

The system is now at a point where there are enough amazing exclusives to warrant a purchase. Really highly recommend getting one, it's great :D

I wouldn't call two amazing exclusives enough. :p
One isn't even released yet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Atraveller, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-BF737D5F5F3B70C1 - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 3 entrants total.
Prey -- MB-1EC6C414F751EA77 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 66 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-B6546EAF980EC407 - Taken by 73V3N. 3 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-80413D5EE430D8A5 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-25FE697F19653C04 - Taken by Gangxxter. 14 entrants total.

t1409212459z1.png

FloatOn

Incoming $10 winter sale price... and incoming complaints about how the DLC will only be 33% off.

Looks like South Park got a drop to $40 base price as well a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't noticed.

I'd grab South Park for 50% off. It feels like it has barely been on sale.

I wouldn't call two amazing exclusives enough. :p
One isn't even released yet.

Well, i mentioned those two because they're good deals and, let's face it, steam gaf loves them some good deals :p

That list he gave featured many great games. I'd probably add NSMBWiiu and wind waker HD on top of that as far as current games go. If you would've asked me a year ago if a Wiiu was a good purchase i would've told ya to hold out for more stuff. Now, there's plenty of great games, enough for a nintendo-exclusive backlog that's at least a dozen deep.

Well, i mentioned those two because they're good deals and, let's face it, steam gaf loves them some good deals :p

That list he gave featured many great games. I'd probably add NSMBWiiu and wind waker HD on top of that as far as current games go. If you would've asked me a year ago if a Wiiu was a good purchase i would've told ya to hold out for more stuff. Now, there's plenty of great games, enough for a nintendo-exclusive backlog that's at least a dozen deep.

There's your catch. :p

You have to want those Nintendo first party games.
Since I have pretty much zero interest in them and only would want a Wii U to play games developed by Platinum at this point.

but Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are already out you ninny

Pikmin was enough Pikmin for me. Thank you very much.

I wish I enjoyed MH :(

I'm honestly interested in why you wish you enjoyed them...

Taking this a step further... I can't think of a franchise where I've thought "I wish I liked those games..."
i can think of games I wished were better because they were disappointments (like Strider 2014), but I'd never say something like "I wish I liked Strider 2014". :lol

Now I'm interested. You have my attention.

Ozium

There's your catch. :p

You have to want those Nintendo first party games.
Since I have pretty much zero interest in them and only would want a Wii U to play games developed by Platinum at this point.

corrosivefrost has no interest in Nintendo first party games but 100%'ed mo'fuckin' STRIDER.

Irrational.

edit: mario kart 8 DLC is awesome too.. I bet Frosty would pay $20 for 2 strider levels

I'm not sure why anyone would write off all of Nintendo's first party. They're all very different games in different genres so how is it none of them appeal?

I wish I enjoyed MH :(

What weapons did you try out? Did you make it to beat Barroth?
It took me some time as it was quite hard, but after I crafted a proper weapon, I made it eventually.
By the way I played with a great sword and it was a bunch of fun, but maybe choosing different weapons the experience may be extremely different.

Anyway if you enjoy action games and you have enough time to dedicate to gaming, say 3-4 hours a day, I highly encourage you to try a little harder, it's well worth your time.
Indeed I think that it's a game that takes a lot of dedication and plenty of time, but if you can get into it, you can easily lose the sense of time and keep playing until you cut down that badass and you can look foward to the next mission.

corrosivefrost has no interest in Nintendo first party games but 100%'ed mo'fuckin' STRIDER.

Irrational.

edit: mario kart 8 DLC is awesome too.. I bet Frosty would pay $20 for 2 strider levels

I'd pay $20 for the extras the PS3 Japan-only Strider LE came with (namely Strider and Strider 2).

I'm not sure why anyone would write off all of Nintendo's first party. They're all very different games in different genres so how is it none of them appeal?

Fine, fine. I'll answer.

Not owning a Nintendo console since the Gamecube (my ex-fiancee owned a Wii), I haven't honestly missed any of the games Nintendo is known for.
I haven't liked a 2D Mario game they've made since NSMB on DS. NSMB Wii wasn't bad, but it didn't capture that magic that I feel when I play the older titles like SMW and SMB3. NSMB2 on 3DS wasn't much better.
I haven't had interest in 3D Mario games since I finished Super Mario Sunshine.
I'm interested in a new classic Metroid, but Nintendo isn't interested in making one.
I used love Zelda, but after Skyward Sword, I've lost interest there too. Maybe whatever Zelda they're working on might change my mind, but at this point, I don't feel like I'm really missing anything there either.
Pikmin never clicked... I had no interest in Pikmin 2, so Pikmin 3 doesn't really interest me either.
Mario Kart gonna Mario Kart (but that Luigi meme is pretty awesome. :D)
Smash is a "party brawler" or something to that effect, IMO -- and not one I've ever really liked... SSBM got some decent playtime when I had a housemate, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the series.
DKC Tropical Freeze might be about the only game that interests me somewhat, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth after playing the 3DS version of DKCR.

What'd I miss?
MH is there, but that's not first party and I don't like the franchise to begin with.

Irrational.

I've gotta be honest, Pokemon Y being (in my opinion) pretty gorram bad (B/W/2 were so much better) completely killed my excitement for Nintendo games. It's not hate, or fanboyism, just apathy. Brawl did the same thing for me back in the day. I'm hoping Smash 3DS will rekindle some interest.

Deitus

I've gotta be honest, Pokemon Y being (in my opinion) pretty gorram bad (B/W/2 were so much better) completely killed my excitement for Nintendo games. It's not hate, or fanboyism, just apathy. Brawl did the same thing for me back in the day. I'm hoping Smash 3DS will rekindle some interest.

That's pretty silly. Pokemon games aren't even developed by Nintendo.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of GrinningColossus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GrinningColossus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
The Crew Beta (Uplay) -- MB-3BDC9EE7E387C021 - Taken by Emperor_EL. 3 entrants total.

t1409173758z1.png

Lomax

Taking this a step further... I can't think of a franchise where I've thought "I wish I liked those games..."
i can think of games I wished were better because they were disappointments (like Strider 2014), but I'd never say something like "I wish I liked Strider 2014". :lol

Now I'm interested. You have my attention.

I think there are times that you may really appreciate the ideas or the atmosphere a game has, but when it comes to playing it, it just never quit works for you. For example, I love reading about Crusader Kings II, and I wish when I tried to play it, it would stick with me long enough for me to really get into it, but it just hasn't. It isn't a knock on the game itself at all though. I think beautiful but shallow games also fall into this a lot as well, where you may love the way a game looks, and wish you could enjoy playing it because of that, but just don't. Also, overly hard games would probably fit that condition as well frequently.

I just don't follow the logic. Me not liking Uncharted didn't make me lose interest in PS3 games.

I think it's more that there hasn't been any interesting games released on 3DS since pokemon's release. (Aside from Link Between Worlds)

You've never lost interest in games for a bit when a game you're really excited for comes out and fails to meet expectations? It's like that but I gained interest again from some PC games a couple months later.

This is why I don't get myself hyped for games anymore.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Vd1j7n6.png

Super Sanctum TD -- MB-C5392A4EED63175C - Taken by bluechox2
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-119B361D0C53E4DA - Taken by Vuze
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-A1355B037EB01A06 - Taken by fernandes
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 (origin) -- MB-1A085F58EEA90569 - Taken by danhese007
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 (origin) -- MB-8C31DEBDC360114D - Taken by agniswarm
Gun Monkeys -- MB-A8B7226C8CB542A7
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-ED9947F86D669DF1 - Taken by mik7697

Deitus

Again? 4 playthroughs is enough for now, I think.
You've never lost interest in games for a bit when a game you're really excited for comes out and fails to meet expectations? It's like that but I gained interest again from some PC games a couple months later.

Sure, I've been there. I just don't usually extend that apathy to the platforms themselves. I mean I have been pretty apathetic towards the 360 for the last several years, but that's because they haven't had a worthwhile exclusive since 2011.

I think it's more that there hasn't been any interesting games released on 3DS since pokemon's release. (Aside from Link Between Worlds)

Now this makes sense, I just didn't get that at all from Marco's post. It hasn't been a problem for me personally though, because I got my 3DS late, and I don't play a lot of handheld games.

Kagemusha

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die 2: Complete Pack -- MB-B49349D2509588DB - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-B54CE2446891F639 - Taken by madjoki. 5 entrants total.
Super Wagon Adventure Game -- MB-A41164CBAF7AD798 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1409181201z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Now this makes sense, I just didn't get that at all from Marco's post. It hasn't been a problem for me personally though, because I got my 3DS late, and I don't play a lot of handheld games.
It might make more sense to say that 3DS was my main gaming platform up until february when I built my PC. That and I've had my 3DS since 2011, so I don't have the luxury of going back and playing stuff I missed since there's so little of it.

Beelzebubs

glad I didn't enter for that mystery gift

I'll man up and admit the trash giveaway was mine, forgot about garbagedump :( The Mystery Game was Burnout Paradise on Origin, I must not have formatted it properly. Was not intended as a mystery gift.

Hugstable

Banned
It might make more sense to say that 3DS was my main gaming platform up until february when I built my PC. That and I've had my 3DS since 2011, so I don't have the luxury of going back and playing stuff I missed since there's so little of it.

I'm a bit like that, I tend to have phases with consoles in where I play a certain console for like 3 months or so, get tired of it and move to another console phase and clear backlog games there. My 3DS phase ended for a bit when I got my Wii U, then my Wii U phase ended for a bit during the Steam Summer Sale and now I've been gaming big time on my PC since I just recently built it in May. My PS4 still hasn't had a phase yet, and my PS3 is just waiting for Persona 5.

Also if you didn't see my previous post play Nocturne. (You probably already have since you beat IV like a ton of times lol, I'm just a huge Nocturne fan -____-)

3DS is a bit dry right now but let's be fair there's S.T.E.A.M. aka GOTY 2015 coming right up.

Yeah after the huge year of games they had last year this year has definitely felt very dry, especially after Kirby.

3DS is a bit dry right now but let's be fair there's S.T.E.A.M. aka GOTY 2015 coming right up.
Metal... Gear?

I want a demo for S.T.E.A.M. though, it looks cool but I wanna try it out before I put down the dosh for it.
Also if you didn't see my previous post play Nocturne. (You probably already have since you beat IV like a ton of times lol, I'm just a huge Nocturne fan -____-)
I actually haven't, believe it or not. I picked up Nocturne and the Personae a few weeks ago and I'm playing through P3 (again) & P4 before I get to Nocturne

Monooboe

Puh, feel drained and exhausted now that I finished The Walking Dead Season 2. Don't know if I have it in me to go thru another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom