• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

Congrats Sub Zero on Prey, you deserve it!

Foiled again! Congrats Sub Zero. Man I'd love to play that game again....Don't Fear The Reaper playing in the pub (and again on the ship)....good times.

Since I love the game so much, I'm thinking about putting a copy of Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare up for grabs. I know its not Steam, but would people be interested?

Arthea

that's some awesome savings!
Untitled-10_zpsae7bf2ec.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd be content with a SR3 level game. It was definitely a good game too, had some amazing moments and it was grounded just enough that the wackiness still felt wacky. SR2 wasn't really that laugh out loud funny but it had a lot of wacky moments and the world in general was messed up with stuff like Freckle Bitches and the drive through churches that reduced your wanted level. The real joy of SR2 to me (and SR1 to an extent) was taking over the city and taking out the gangs. I don't know why but it was a simple pleasure I really missed in 4.

i actually thought sr2 was kind of a messed up game

that whole thing of making that guy unwillingly crush his girlfriend to death was fucked up as hell. i remember being pretty shocked about that, it's the one thing i remember the most about it

i really liked the idea of being the usa president in sr4, i thought it took the wackyness from 3 to a new level but one that was just a "natural" (as natural as this nonsense can be) evolution but then the aliens and matrix shit came in and kind of ruined it for me

like i imagine the game just being a huge political campaign where you go to different towns or cities or neighborhoods or whatever and try to get votes by dealing with their problems in the saints way, just fixing public education by teaching kids gang streetsmarts and fixing the economy by killing all bank owners. and like you have this stuck up republican-like old dude running his own campaign with mobsters and shit.

i dunno that sounds a lot more funny to me and it's still insane :I

milena87

I don't think that's a good idea, the best thing about SR4 is craziness and overthetopness of it all!

The craziness is the reason I bought SRIV day one and loved it :p

I'm just worried things might feel old pretty soon. SRIV felt fresh because of the superpowers, what will they do in SRV now?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
From what I undestand it is locked with both, AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting and onlyallowrunincountries for Russia. But let's wait for JaseCs confirmation / correction :p

Just the former (the sub is universal), but yeah, it's locked.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 21 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
SPLATTER (Desura) -- MB-60EF220BDB7EE77A
ulgzbKC.png
OOZI EARTH ADVENTURE (Desura) -- MB-2384DC7D0C3B5E7A - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
PROJECT NIGHT (Desura) -- MB-D9F25FF058EDE3E7
ulgzbKC.png
FAIRY BLOOM FREESIA (Desura) -- MB-7C8683D876157143 - Taken by gngf123. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
ALTEREGO DREAMWALKER (Desura) -- MB-0CE037405C069F46 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
SUPER PANDA ADVENTURES (Desura) -- MB-8952FF7E89F93281
ulgzbKC.png
LAST KNIGHT (Desura) -- MB-6D7484240EEAFA5F - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
LIFE OF PIXEL (Desura) -- MB-CFBBF1D3ED23C3DF - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BATTLEMASS (Desura) -- MB-B115F6A71478D94F - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
LOVE Plus (Desura) -- MB-265F82C206255678 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
FURRY 2 ULTIMATE EDITION (Desura) -- MB-F2A64049A479095A - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
UNDERRAIL (Desura) -- MB-4006E548EBB2D2EF - Taken by Jrdan. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
CHOMPY CHOMP CHOMP (Desura) -- MB-CA3F174267A86B78 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
LITTLE GARDENS (Desura) -- MB-68548E2B16A54C1D - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
ELEUSIS (Desura) -- MB-133838DDFE0B0A29 - Taken by redlacs
BATTLEPATHS -- MB-AE1F806456B8E9FA
ulgzbKC.png
PARTICULARS (Desura) -- MB-1B8AC0C8933492D1
Thief Gold -- MB-0369ED116AFB9B1A - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
DAWN OF FANTASY (Desura) -- MB-D17269BD71EE86AD - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
BIK (Desura) -- MB-3C151956E9F28D55 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
FORCELINE (Desura) -- MB-1357040C9DC08A56 - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
RADICAL ROACH (Desura) -- MB-669D948CDBEACD12
ulgzbKC.png
8BIT COMMANDO (Desura) -- MB-C1FCE551A990C252 - Taken by Zero-Crescent

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for SPLATTER (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for OOZI EARTH ADVENTURE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for PROJECT NIGHT (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FAIRY BLOOM FREESIA (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ALTEREGO DREAMWALKER (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SUPER PANDA ADVENTURES (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LAST KNIGHT (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BATTLEMASS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LOVE Plus (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for UNDERRAIL (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CHOMPY CHOMP CHOMP (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LITTLE GARDENS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ELEUSIS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BATTLEPATHS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for PARTICULARS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for DAWN OF FANTASY (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for FORCELINE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for RADICAL ROACH (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 8BIT COMMANDO (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409314225z1.png

Deques

From what I undestand it is locked with both, AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting and onlyallowrunincountries for Russia. But let's wait for JaseCs confirmation / correction :p

From SteamDB

AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries Yes
onlyallowrunincountries expand AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA

But it's been already answered by hundreds before me >.<

saunderez

TAiIFkb.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (saunderez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Origin) -- MB-4179CBF7565C30A7 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 52 entrants total.
I really love this game, sleeper GOTY for me so far. I hope whoever wins is just as enthusiastic

t1409389585z1.png

Arthea

saunderez managed to tempt me real bad, trying to resist entering this raffle, trying very hard (><)

nice giveaway!

saunderez

Great giveaway, I also really enjoyed the three or four hours I've played. Not really into Multiplayer-only games tho so I couldn't really dedicate myself to it.

I'm not normally into multiplayer shooters either, I lose interest very quickly with most of them but there's just something about this game. The art style is amazing, you can tell the team had fun with this one. Also free DLC. Almost unheard of for a multiplayer shooter.

I've double dipped so I can have a game with whoever wins. Been playing the shit out of it on PS4.

saunderez managed to tempt me real bad, trying to resist entering this raffle, trying very hard (><)

nice giveaway!

You know you want to! Go on, do it! I've tried to make it a fair one so gone all out with the No Lurkers, Givers Only and Blacklist rules.

JaseC

I removed a handful of unnecessary F2P licences from my account and my Steam Community game count went up by two. I don't understand it but I'll take it.

Copons

Aw gawd, I'm actually kinda interested in this game, mostly because the original PvZ is one of my favorite games ever, but I promised to myself a lot of stuff regarding this:
1) do not fucking indulge on Popcap after they sold-out to EA;
2) do not fuckign play PvZ 2 because it's pay to win;
3) do not fucking play anything PvZ related anymore because there's a bug on Steam Cloud that if you play the original PvZ it on a Mac, you cannot use the saves on Windows anymore (as the game just crashes on loading);
3) do not fucking open an account on Origin.

DAMN YOU ETHICS

saunderez

I removed a handful of unnecessary F2P licences from my account and my Steam Community game count went up by two. I don't understand it but I'll take it.

Getting rewarded for removing F2P junk. Sounds pretty fair to me.

Aw gawd, I'm actually kinda interested in this game, mostly because the original PvZ is one of my favorite games ever, but I promised to myself a lot of stuff regarding this:
3) do not fucking play anything PvZ related anymore because there's a bug on Steam Cloud that if you play the original PvZ it on a Mac, you cannot use the saves on Windows anymore (as the game just crashes on loading);

DAMN YOU ETHICS

I don't want you to go against your morals but it is a genuinely good game. I'm not the biggest EA fan around due to the stunts they've been pulling recently but this game seems to be going against the grain. Extremely polished, free DLC, no pay to win, no Steam cloud (obviously). Can't help with the Origin thing though unfortunately. There's no way around that one. I already had that account from the EA games I'm actually disappointed about buying such as Simcity.

ViviOggi

DAMN YOU ETHICS
image.php

Dr Dogg

That's like two months of gaming tops except for Baldur's Gate + Dragon Age.

You could pretty much stretch BG and DA at a month a piece easily and that's the rest of year taken up by your (well Grief's) backlog.

I think, straight up with no profit margins, it was $24.xx and $10.xx for the game and season pass respectively -- I was throwing money at my trader while asking if it was locked... turns out the season pass isn't, but the main game is... so you can get the season pass for 50% off currently through the motherland, but the main game? Yeah, good luck on that.

I would buy the GAME version that you mentioned was $30 in a heartbeat... it's why I ran out to amazon and had my hopes dashed into bits against the $60 rocks.

Here's a little tip for you, that price of £29.99 at GAME isn't staying like that for long after release. In fact I'm surprised it hasn't dropped a little already. I got Wolfenstein from the for £21 plus minus some leftover 'reward' credit (I'd hardly call it that as I seldom shop there) it worked at just over £17.50 and before release. About 1 month after they still had stock left of their special Occupied Edition and dropped the base price of the PC version to £21.99 and during a sale a short while after could get another fiver off.

I'm guessing I'll be snagging a copy of Evil Within once it gets to the £18ish mark. Though if the extras are like anything that was included with W:TNO then 'artbook' is putting it lightly. There is a full fat artbook for The Evil Within coming out along side the game if anyone is interested:-

Book Depository - £20.89/&#8364;26.32/$35.79 (be warned they take payment at checkout)
http://www.bookdepository.com/Art-Evil-Within-Bethesda-Games/9781616555702

Amazon UK- £29.99 (was much cheaper and will drop in price after release as with all book preorders)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/161655570X/

Amazon.com - $28.06 (cheapest price at the mo but international postage and import taxes aren't cheap via their couriers)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/161655570X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm back.

I missed you.

Welcome back dude! The feeling's mutual.

Arthea

I'm not normally into multiplayer shooters either, I lose interest very quickly with most of them but there's just something about this game. The art style is amazing, you can tell the team had fun with this one. Also free DLC. Almost unheard of for a multiplayer shooter.

I've double dipped so I can have a game with whoever wins. Been playing the shit out of it on PS4.

You know you want to! Go on, do it! I've tried to make it a fair one so gone all out with the No Lurkers, Givers Only and Blacklist rules.
entered, decided I won't win anyway and I don't have to suffer 24 hours being ripped up by temptation (><)

JaseC

entered, decided I won't win anyway and I don't have to suffer 24 hours being ripped up by temptation (><)

But now that you've said that, you will! But now that I've said that, you won't... and so on and so forth until the moment the giveaway is drawn.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's messed up

you're not even collecting games now, you're collecting numbers

saunderez

But now that you've said that, you will! But now that I've said that, you won't... and so on and so forth until the moment the giveaway is drawn.

And maybe I entered it and I'm just gonna win it and laugh. Who knows what the next 24 hours will hold!

Seanspeed

Banned

DAMN YOU ETHICS
Save your ethics for important shit and play a fun game, man.

Arthea

DAMN YOU ETHICS

Copons... I have bad news to you... they don't really sold out, they were bought!

saunderez

I'm not entering giveaways lately, I don't win something since...two weeks? Dunno.
I've entered the megagiveaway the other day, no winning.
Today I tried my luck with King of Fighters, no winning.
Also I totally miss giveaways for things I want becase I need to sleep and work sometimes :D

Only giveaways I have been entering are for Prey coz I'd really like to play that game again some day. Apart from that I've got just about all the games I want for the time being.

Save your ethics for important shit and play a fun game, man.

Hear hear!

zkylon

zkylewd
i just realized saoirse avatar looks like she's beheaded cos her top dress thingie blends in so much with the background

kind of like a bust or something

or maybe it's just f.lux playing tricks with my head

i stay up so late at night all i see is orange

what do you have against numbers? numbers are cool, especially 42!
42 is indeed a pretty nice number

Arthea

I try not to enter giveaways, as I already have games for several lifetimes to play, it's just... sometimes temptation is too much. Probably I need to ask Jasec to teach me how to level up my resistance to temptations. (><)

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I try not to enter giveaways, as I already have games for several lifetimes to play, it's just... sometimes temptation is too much. Probably I need to ask Jasec to teach me how to level up my resistance to temptations. (><)
With Jase, he just buys everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom