• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some origin spares to use after your Saturday morning cartoons.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-FB6D0DD20C69A196 - Taken by MattyG344. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-7210C732626B944A - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-733B04D4C2172E8C
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-7FD58304E5FE6CC0 - Taken by BigAT. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-4138060918A75F2A - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1408811548z1.png

wagamer

Wow I had a lot of unredeemed keys... I suppose all these work since they were on the list.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wagamer, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Humble Indie Bundle #3 -- MB-BBAD18EDC0B81472 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle #2 -- MB-A901B4C1814DC70A - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-33FD86BF9ABC27DB - Taken by creamsugar. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-E931C87EA95ADE96 - Taken by Sub Zero. 6 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-E67D81E4243A13EB - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea -- MB-2429B3039C795DFB - Taken by topyy. 7 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-DB81DE704957D145
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-4AA4C73E54D468F8 - Taken by FauX. 3 entrants total.

t1408811606z1.png

Iztli

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Iztli, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-8098A096C5990083 - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.

t1408801709z1.png

BAM! THINK FAST

Yrael

Thank you Anonymous for the Sims Stuff Pack. :) I've been in a Sims 3 mood lately, and that is a very welcome giveaway (I never did get any of the Stuff packs!).

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Bionic Heart (Desura) -- MB-342C14B4C8DEE0EA - Taken by Darth Kupi

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of tioslash, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tioslash, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-49D0ED25FB741EC1 - Taken by Pakkidis. 8 entrants total.

t1408806212z1.png

:D
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Terraria -- MB-F3FB34E177813735 - Taken by lukiluk

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sub Zero, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-6E733BFFA1EDA346 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 11 entrants total.
Overruled! -- MB-CBBD1437459627F3 - Taken by topyy. 14 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-0BFFA67D457EC372 - Taken by Leg-End
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-7542EDE9754B6775 - Taken by anastef
Overruled! #3 -- MB-DF3ADBC86B41BABB - Taken by darkchewie. 13 entrants total.
Hitman: Contracts -- MB-7DEDFDEF60D4A2BC - Taken by Haunted. 8 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-CD0546FE5E48FB76 - Taken by Sendou. 14 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-0D09842F319B6844 - Taken by $h@d0w. 6 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-9834A2BB6FBEB482 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 4 entrants total.
UFO Aftermath -- MB-E3E9EB388C3E27F2 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
AI War Collection -- MB-9D1E93C45A8B48FB - Taken by WinterDemons
Overruled! #2 -- MB-DBCB25567140C7BC - Taken by JakeD. 13 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-2C586BCEB6C0BA7F - Taken by Saty
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-18468CD20C06E466 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 11 entrants total.

t1408806326z1.png

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

whispering willows -- MB-870D77B9C9FCDCA4 - Taken by Deques
betrayer -- MB-0568B45DA85D0438 - Taken by Sendou

here's a couple spares

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, some payment problem evidently. I don't want to out anyone, just wanted to express being bummed.

Yeah, as Desques just said, it means the buyer issued a chargeback, though it can also happen with retail keys if the publisher requests certain ones be revoked.

Anteater

Played a bit more guacamelee super turbo whatever edition, the game is basically a remix version of guacamelee, with the new intenso power gauge, and some tweaked enemy spawns here and there which I find pretty cool, there are a few areas and enemies added to mix things up and the new sections are implemented inbetween the original areas, so it flows really well.

As for combat I think they turned up it up a bit so the player could use the new intenso mode a bit more.

One thing I didn't like is that overall there are a bit too many of the "rushing" type combat scenarios, like making the player kill x amount of enemies within a timeframe, it sometimes comes in the form of death traps, or exploding bombs, etc, so you have to kill a set of enemies as quick as possible, although I understand they want to mix things up, it is my least favorite type. Another thing is that sometimes I have difficulty telling where my character is or telling what's going on when there are too many enemies on screen on top of each other.

Some platforming sections are decent in some of the new areas, but I'm not too sure if they're that memorable so far. Game is still pretty fun and I think if you want more guacamelee and wanted a replay, it's worth it especially if you have some card money to spend. Game is a standalone with all the new contents added so you're going to be doing everything again (you'll even have to do the konami code to unlock hardmode), for people who have already played through it a few times recently might want to take a break before revisiting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thats really convenient. How much is that in dollar? Here its 14,97€. Just wondering if its even cheaper in dollars.

It should be $20 (~€15.10) on the US store, judging from the game's Steam base price of $40.

Edit: Bah, didn't switch tabs.

Haunted

Also, quick thing about Curse: The Eye of Isis;

header_292x136.jpg

I haven't played it myself, but I've heard from others it's pretty good. It's a Resident Evil clone game with an Egyptian mythological theme that takes place in a museum. I think it's worthwhile to mention when older horror titles hit Steam, and this is one of them I've recognized and need to try at some point (especially as I already own it). Generally for a Resident Evil clone, it's been recognized as a good one by horror fans, easier than the 'average' horror game, but also notable some improved controls from the era, decent voice acting from the era, pretty good music, and a pretty interesting story. Not in the amazing league, but the good league. But it's $2.99 right now, so...
I want to say it doesn't look bad for the circumstances and the price is pretty low, but when will I really have the time to play a third party budget RE clone from 2003?

Interesting release, though.

Except on a Tuesday, but only if you have your crocodile leased.

I dont really get it. I am a law graduate and have never heard of any law like that. I can buy whatever I want from Amazon whenever I want. At shops I can buy M-rated games whenever I want (because no shop here is even opened after 22:00). On Steam I can buy whatever I want.

So I wonder why Ubisoft has such a system...

What law is that?

Actually I do not have a clue. I have never heard of this before.

Okay...

Because of some german laws I can only buy Black Flag from 22:00-06:00...

There is no law that requires that. It's just Ubisoft being weird. You can buy 18+ titles on Amazon or Steam at any point in the day.
You have to somehow make sure that minors can't access your content and I guess everyone under 8 being asleep at that time is enough for them or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom