• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

IDTHNxK.jpg

Essential tools for getting the best deals on games during this sale
Enhanced Steam extension< Offers various useful options such as showing which website has a game cheapest at, and can arrange your wishlist to show what games have discounts, among many other useful tools.
Idle Master for getting cards faster to sell them & make some quick Gaben Dollars

Frequently Ignored Answers

There are no daily or flash deals anymore. Each game’s page will state when their discount ends. As such to get the best deal possible best to wait until the last day and buy a game you want unless it shows up in a bundle.
Keep in mind however that Valve has allowed publishers to set a different discount for the Winter Sale. So unless you want to play a game you are interested in right, you could consider holding off for the next sale though there is no guarantee the price for certain games will go lower.

You can use Steam Refunds to refund a game, but make sure to read the FAQ linked for criteria for refunding a game. General rule of thumb is that if the game is not played for more than 2 hours and for the purchase of said game to have been in under 2 weeks, then it can be refunded.

Use ModBot to make giveaways of Steam games or any other form of digital code that you have.
By default, ModBot is linked to the current general Steam thread, so make absolutely sure that you include the code
THREAD threadurl
when sending the PM to ModBot.

Keep in mind that gifts purchased in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, South-east Asia, the Middle East, China, India, South Africa and Turkey (click the links for specific countries) can only be redeemed by users in the respective regions (e.g. a gift purchased in Eastern Europe is only of use to someone else in Eastern Europe). Steam makes no secret of this during checkout, though, so it's virtually impossible to accidentally send someone a region-locked gift.

No need to post your haul here, there’ll be another separate thread to post hauls in once this sale has ended

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Maybe the store improvements will make it so they actually give a fuck again and do fun events like these Steam Awards?

One can hope!

Pejo

Just a reminder that I really miss dailies and flash sales. Still, my wishlist is @ 100 games, so hopefully some of it goes on sale.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Apparently they're doing an Awards this year for the Steam community. Interesting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool, more awards

Geist-

I wonder if there will be any games I haven't bought yet this time. Last couple sales have been pretty barren for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam's servers are starting to buckle, with over 10,000 requests per second coming in. You'll are crazy.

Obviously I'll be keeping an eye on them and do whatever I can to keep them up as much as possible throughout the next few days.

MadGear

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse only 33% off again ... just end this sale already :(

Doom was briefly at 20&#8364;, couldn't check out tho. Edit: nvm is back again

Phinor

I wonder if there will be any games I haven't bought yet this time. Last couple sales have been pretty barren for me.

Probably not many. My wishlist looks pretty much identical to that of last year, still the same 15-40% discount on most games that they had a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom