• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It was my birthday yesterday, I'm 32 now (yes, ancient). Friends took a look at my wishlist and got me

- Salt & Sanctuary (really happy with this one)
- Little King's Story
- Cloudbuilt
- Deus EX HR

Parents got me Move controllers for the VR.

It was my birthday yesterday, I'm 32 now (yes, ancient). Friends took a look at my wishlist and got me

- Little King's Story
- Cloudbuilt
- Deus EX HR

I'm 35 in three months...I'll be even ancienter

me0wish

- Little King's Story
- Cloudbuilt
- Deus EX HR

Happy bday dude
32 is the new 23 so you're still young :p.
Finished LKS last week, despite some frustrating pc issues, it's definitely one of my favorite games of all time. I recommend playing it on 30 FPS as somethings are off on 60 FPS, you'll get stuck not knowing it's a FPS issue.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's wrong with Modbot?
Tried to register twice but doesn't work.

Like I mentioned above, it's temporarily down because of server issues:

Please expect a little bit of ModBot downtime right now. The server ModBot is on was working fine but non-responsive to SSH attempts, and when I rebooted it it didn't come back up at all. I have a ticket in with the server company, but their response times have historically been pretty poor.

The server company has gotten back to me and is looking for a solution ??? Well, anyway.

Benedict

Like I mentioned above, it's temporarily down because of server issues:

The server company has gotten back to me and is looking for a solution ??? Well, anyway.

Sorry didn't notice that since it was a page back for me and there was already a giveaway on the that page as well.

Hope the issues are solved and it's not too troublesome for you.
Thanks for the service :)

KainXVIII

It works on Windows 10, but it is not a good port. There's a memory leak issue with it that degrades performance. If you lock it to 30 FPS you shouldn't have any issues.

I don't lock fps (which is already crime) and never have memory leaks, works fine under windows 10 (but don't alt-tab too much). For jaggies reduction i use Reshade with SMAA.

BasilZero

- Little King's Story
- Cloudbuilt
- Deus EX HR

Happy belated birthday :)

My birthday is in 3 days!

Ladekabel

Continued Momodora IV after half a year or longer and finally beat that penguin-bird thingie because of which I turned from the game. Turns out, noticing shortcuts is actual helpful.

SUPERHOT is short (2-3 hours to complete story), but stylish and interesting game. I do feel that 25 levels is not enough, but game is filled with challenges and secrets that should increase my final playtime.

Parsnip

The shadows on vertical surfaces which are oriented towards specific directions in world space are broken from specific camera distances. I reported this before launch already, and it might have gotten a bit less common, but it's not entirely fixed.

Good to know it's not just me. Haven't seen anyone else mention it so I was wondering.

I wonder if they are going to patch the game anymore. The pretty fast response to the cpu thing seemed like it could have been a good sign, but who knows.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Happy bday dude
32 is the new 23 so you're still young :p.
Finished LKS last week, despite some frustrating pc issues, it's definitely one of my favorite games of all time. I recommend playing it on 30 FPS as somethings are off on 60 FPS, you'll get stuck not knowing it's a FPS issue.

Thanks, I'll play at 30 fps then.

Happy belated birthday :)

My birthday is in 3 days!

thanks, and happy bday in advance!

Annubis

Finally finished Witcher 3.
Blood and Wine really is the perfect ending.

Getting back those 50 GB will be good. Disk was full-ish.

Buraindo

Started Enslaved, few chapters in game seems alright. Had some shadow bug but found an easy fix. Game's very pretty considering how old it is.

Lomax

The only "reasonable" argument I've heard in favor of Denovo and similar DRM is that is keeps pirated copies off the market until after the actual street release date. And I can sort of understand that. I think that's why we see it frequently removed after the fact.

Ban Puncher

They should go back to code wheels, typing in select words from the manual, and printing everything on red paper so you couldn't photocopy it.

Uzzy

Started Enslaved, few chapters in game seems alright. Had some shadow bug but found an easy fix. Game's very pretty considering how old it is.

The benefits of a great art style. I certainly appreciated the verdant post apocalyptic cityscapes, especially as the game came in the midst of a host of other grey, dull post apocalyptic games. I enjoyed the performances too, though as it's Andy Serkis in motion capture, it's not really a surprise that he did well in the role.

tmarg

The only "reasonable" argument I've heard in favor of Denovo and similar DRM is that is keeps pirated copies off the market until after the actual street release date. And I can sort of understand that. I think that's why we see it frequently removed after the fact.

If it actually keeps the game protected during even just the launch week, that could potentially make a difference in sales.

At this point I'm not sure denuvo would actually do that with a high profile game though.

PaulSane

- Little King's Story
- Cloudbuilt
- Deus EX HR

Happy birthday!

In other news, Atelier Sophie is a very dangerous game - it twists your perception of time by making your eyes feast on some gorgeous character designs, lulling you with it's relaxing atmosphere and whispering sweet Gust BGMs into your ear, and before you know it, it's already 3AM :p
This is definitely one of the best gaming experiences i had in past years, i just don't get tired of this game at all.

They should go back to code wheels, typing in select words from the manual, and printing everything on red paper so you couldn't photocopy it.

Those were fun to do...until you lost the manual or the red paper.

I lost the red paper to Sim City 1 and couldn't play it any more after that.

I lost the manual to Skate or Die and only remembered the "VJ" and "ZC" codes so I had to keep restarting until it was those two.

Vuze

Most game sales are front-loaded to all hell though.
Yeah, can't say I feel too bad about Denuvo being cracked few weeks after release. Chances are a lot of publishers will never bother to remove it and Denuvos auth servers will be shut down at some point (and I don't believe them for a second that they will be arsed to offer an offline solution or whatever at that point).
SUPERHOT is short (2-3 hours to complete story), but stylish and interesting game. I do feel that 25 is not enough, but game is filled with challenges and secrets that should increase my final playtime.
Agreed. Great game, I finished it the other day too.

Mikurden

Those were fun to do...until you lost the manual or the red paper.

I lost the red paper to Sim City 1 and couldn't play it any more after that.

I lost the manual to Skate or Die and only remembered the "VJ" and "ZC" codes so I had to keep restarting until it was those two.

I've still got my Monkey Island spin wheels and the Maniac Mansion nuclear code book.

It's official, Skullgirls and Half-Life 2 are better than all your favorite animu games.

latest

Hektor

Why does this series exist?

Because Cavia wanted to create an ace combat like with dragons and got their game published by Square-Enix, but due to the recent success of Dynasty Warriors 2, Square-Enix wanted them to turn the game into something similar.

Ludens

Banned
Man, is Deus Ex Mankind settled entirely in the same city? 18 hours in and I'm doing nothing except visiting the same two buildings and taking trains to move in the different parts of Prague. I did one "big" mission outsite the city but nothing else.
I checked a guide and apparently I passed the 3/4 of the game already??

Man, is Deus Ex Mankind settled entirely in the same city? 18 hours in and I'm doing nothing except visiting the same two buildings and taking trains to move in the different parts of Prague. I did one "big" mission outsite the city but nothing else.
I checked a guide and apparently I passed the 3/4 of the game already??
Whoops. Hate to bring bad news, but yes, almost entire game is Prague, there is no other big cities unfortunately. I recommend to not rush storyline and spend time on exploring and looking for secrets, did you checked every balcony in the city that you can reach? I spent almost 50 hours to complete game because i was digging every corner in Prague. Otherwise it can be indeed short by RPGs standard and ending feels abrupt.

Momentary

Banned
I don't lock fps (which is already crime) and never have memory leaks, works fine under windows 10 (but don't alt-tab too much). For jaggies reduction i use Reshade with SMAA.

It's bad for me and I've tried everything to fix it. I've ran the game on a 960m, 980m, 980, 1080, and Titan XP and it has the same issue... All with completely different hardware configurations. I don't know what other people are doing differently. This was all tested on Windows 10 as well. Maybe I'll try not alt-tabbing. I'll redownload the game ONE MORE time to try it out.

Annubis

Debating finishing games I already have or going full YOLO and getting Atelier Sophie.
Even at no discount, game is pretty cheap on Steam for CDN$

dex3108

jjngqlp.gif

Probably algalweed

I mean first there were humans, than girl got sick, then she killed everyone, then she was cloned before she died, then she was brought back to life buy some kind of explosion/flower, then she killed her clones but not really becaose one clone was cloned, then dragons are mentioned, then aliens, then came gods that turn people to salt, then you find out that everything has some connection to some kind multiple timelines event, then came androids, then androids got sick or whatever and now we have new androids who protect mankind from other androids.

raw

Hektor

I mean first there were humans, than girl got sick, then she killed everyone, then she was cloned before she died, then she was brought back to life buy some kind of explosion/flower, then she killed her clones but not really becaose one clone was cloned, then dragons are mentioned, then aliens, then came gods that turn people to salt, then you find out that everything has some connection to some kind multiple timelines event, then came androids, then androids got sick or whatever and now we have new androids who protect mankind from other androids.

raw

I wrote my own summary here, maybe that clears some things up for you, since you seemed to get some things wrong heh

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226239224#post226239224

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom