• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I was experimenting with Plachta's builds this weekend and I got this (unlocked 4 builds total btw)

4408EA1429FBC384E1D8C39815CB9DBF416B0D7A

now what's funny about it, apparently wisdom is hella powerful because now she's most powerful of all my characters, and I didn't even plan using her for endgame and postgame! Talk about alchemy experiments backfiring, now I have to use her...

Jawmuncher

I was experimenting with Plachta's builds this weekend and I got this (unlocked 4 builds total btw)

4408EA1429FBC384E1D8C39815CB9DBF416B0D7A
[/QUOTE

now what's funny about it, apparently wisdom is hella powerful because now she's most powerful of all my characters, and I didn't even plan using her for endgame and postgame! Talk about alchemy experiments backfiring, now I have to use her...

What res are you playing at?

Ascheroth

If you activate the DLC there are like 10 more 'costumes' for Plachta and some other stuff.
And yeah, she's really good.

Durante

I just got to unlock the doll making feature today (after ~35 hours of playing -- yeah I'm slow). The music is amazing.

Anyway, it's pretty scary how this game eats my time. In terms of single player it's almost like a 4x game - "One more synthesis".

Still...

Momentary

Banned
I don't lock fps (which is already crime) and never have memory leaks, works fine under windows 10 (but don't alt-tab too much). For jaggies reduction i use Reshade with SMAA.

It's bad for me and I've tried everything to fix it. I've ran the game on a 960m, 980m, 980, 1080, and Titan XP and it has the same issue... All with completely different hardware configurations. I don't know what other people are doing differently. This was all tested on Windows 10 as well. Maybe I'll try not alt-tabbing. I'll redownload the game ONE MORE time to try it out.

Well shit. Not alt+tabbing actually fixes the issue. Once you alt-tab and come back the FPS starts to gradually lower.

Looks like I'll be playing this till the end. This is the best looking Musou out there so far.

Also the same resolution fix works on Attack on Titan, One Piece Pirate Warriors, and all your other Omega Force games.

DQH @ 4K screens:

More here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145171900@N04/shares/2jz735

EDIT: SPOKE TOO SOON...

Arthea

I just got to unlock the doll making feature today (after ~35 hours of playing -- yeah I'm slow). The music is amazing.

Anyway, it's pretty scary how this game eats my time. In terms of single player it's almost like a 4x game - "One more synthesis".

Still...

I have 80 hours in this game, get on my level!
no less than 50 of those is alchemy
they might have overcomplicated alchemy this time, after 80 hours and 6 types of cauldrons... I still can't make real good recovery items and maxing any items is incredibly hard, I'm at the end game more or less, I have great weapons and armour even without enchantments but my accessories suck and I can't make them better, most of items too... and Gust knows I tried. Well suck maybe is a wrong word, they not exactly suck but also they are nowhere near level of awesomeness I usually have at the end of Atelier game.

If you activate the DLC there are like 10 more 'costumes' for Plachta and some other stuff.
And yeah, she's really good.

they aren't really costumes, though, they are literally builds or improvements you get via using certain materials of which alchemy made ones are obviously superior. And I think I had enough of working with Plachta already, as there are so many items involved I'm not sure what results into what, as there are too many possible combinations, so I decided I'll stop with it now and advance with the game. After all how much more powerful she can get, she's already most powerful!

Ascheroth

they aren't really costumes, though, they are literally builds or improvements you get via using certain materials of which alchemy made ones are obviously superior. And I think I had enough of working with Plachta already, as there are so many items involved I'm not sure what results into what, as there are too many possible combinations, so I decided I'll stop with it now and advance with the game. After all how much more powerful she can get, she's already most powerful!

That's why I had it under ' '!

FLD

I just watched video Lore summary - From Drakengard to Nier Automata and i am still confused as hell XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6n2KGbaZ0

I wrote my own summary here, maybe that clears some things up for you, since you seemed to get some things wrong heh

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226239224#post226239224

Okay, between that video and your summary my hype for Nier: Automata is higher than ever. It's all just batshit fucking crazy (in the best possible way) to the point where it really feels like I don't need to worry about any of it.

I was thinking I would have to force myself to play Nier (I own it but stopped halfway through years ago as I wasn't enjoying it very much) but I think I'll just go right into Automata now. You know, as soon as S-E remembers they announced it for PC...

Arthea

I really hope KT gets convinced to bring them. The day Rorona gets released on Steam will be a glorious one.

i would even replay it for the fourth time, they just have to release trilogy and price accordingly. I mean Arland trilogy and not how they released on consoles where Rorona wasn't plus but an original game that's rather buggy.
As for Dusk trilogy, it is not as good as Arland one, but I'd take that also. Only aren't all plus games on Vita for that one? Meaning we would get vita ports and if even I would take that over nothing, many won't be happy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I might have to make that smug ass Atelier face someone posted a few pages back my avatar tbh, that shit is amazing

Buraindo

The benefits of a great art style. I certainly appreciated the verdant post apocalyptic cityscapes, especially as the game came in the midst of a host of other grey, dull post apocalyptic games. I enjoyed the performances too, though as it's Andy Serkis in motion capture, it's not really a surprise that he did well in the role.

Indeed. I'm looking forward to playing more of it.

I should finish this someday, but won't just because of the spite of how bad the port is.

I did encounter some issues but nothing too bad. Bit annoying how bare the in game settings menu is.

Lomax

I wish I had something already that was similar to Atelier Sophie because the way you guys describe the crafting it seems like the type of game I've wanted for ages but I just can't bring myself to spend $30 on it right now when I have way too much stuff sitting already.

It's weird how there is an absence of all those GTA clones from the PS2 era on Steam, considering all the things that found their way to Steam.

Total Overdose is on GOG, but is not on Steam even though it is a Square Enix game and True Crime is also not on Steam, but I guess Activision is known for not putting up all their games on Steam.

I remember Total Overdose having some weird power-ups and True Crime having a weird and crazy ending.

Tizoc

I might have to make that smug ass Atelier face someone posted a few pages back my avatar tbh, that shit is amazing

...she looks more stoned than smug after the resize :X
Actually photoshop a cigar or cigarette on her mouth, that should make it look more smug.

You're saying 5 minutes to brag, right? I think I've stared at the screen for a puzzle for something like 40 minutes

well I'm only an hour into the game, I'm sure I'll eventually take just as long if not longer later down the line so don't feel too bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
from the little Ive played of The Witness (30mins), I sware the puzzles sometimes change when you walk off them and go back, sometimes Im completely stuck, I walk out and back in again, and imediatly solve it ;_;

I know they dont change

from the little Ive played of The Witness (30mins), I sware the puzzles sometimes change when you walk off them and go back, sometimes Im completely stuck, I walk out and back in again, and imediatly solve it ;_;

I know they dont change

That happens to me in action RPG type games. Spend an hour trying to kill a boss and failing, go to bed, next day you beat it on the first try and easily.

Mivey

I know they dont change
The game is actually haunted by the ghost of Jonathan Blow (even though he still lives). That's the big secret, I just spoiled it for you.
No, it isn't.
Yes, it actually is.

Pachimari

Okay, so I started up Final Fantasy X, and it decides to start up in windowed mode. That's fine and all, but the menus are all in Japanese. What's going on?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, so I started up Final Fantasy X, and it decides to start up in windowed mode. That's fine and all, but the menus are all in Japanese. What's going on?

You have it set to Japanese. The launcher has a text language setting, though you can mix/match using this tool.

Okay, between that video and your summary my hype for Nier: Automata is higher than ever. It's all just batshit fucking crazy (in the best possible way) to the point where it really feels like I don't need to worry about any of it.

I was thinking I would have to force myself to play Nier (I own it but stopped halfway through years ago as I wasn't enjoying it very much) but I think I'll just go right into Automata now. You know, as soon as S-E remembers they announced it for PC...

You should finish it and do NG+ as well.
It's... Something else.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ahh gotcha. Strange that it's set to Japanese by default though.

It shouldn't have, however your Steam profile says you're in Denmark, so I wouldn't be surprised if the launcher looks to your Windows country/Steam language setting to determine the default language for the game itself -- English for countries where it's the primary language/if Steam is set to English and Japanese in all other cases because that somehow made sense.

Nzyme32

Read that Street Fighter V on PC may have added artificial load times to bring the game down to some sort of parity with PS4 for whatever reason. If that is true that is a sure fire way to make me no bother with the respective Capcom games for lack of any trust in them, especially after their attempt at "security"

Vamphuntr

It shouldn't have, however your Steam profile says you're in Denmark, so I wouldn't be surprised if the launcher looks to your Windows country/Steam language setting to determine the default language for the game itself -- English for countries where it's the primary language/if Steam is set to English and Japanese in all other cases because that somehow made sense.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 was like this. I'm in Canada (language English) and the first time I booted the game it was in Japanese. Even after setting it to English the warning splash is still in Japanese.

FLD

You should finish it and do NG+ as well.
It's... Something else.

Yes, it should at least be played to NG+. You start over halfway through when doing NG+ so the second play through doesn't take that long.

See, that's partially why I'm hesitant to give it another shot. I know there's something about NG+ that makes it necessary to get the full picture. But at this point it's been so long that I would have to start over entirely. I'm just not sure I want to put that much time into a game I didn't like enough to finish the first time around.

Looking it up on HowLongToBeat, it's much shorter than I thought, though. Maybe I'll try rushing through it on easy or something once I'm done with Atelier Sophie.

Nozomi

Banned
So uh what happend to Sega PC announcements btw? Its been a few months since their last tweet and we still have zero updates since then.

Is it time to abandon all hope?

FLD

Resident Evil Revelations 2 was like this. I'm in Canada (language English) and the first time I booted the game it was in Japanese. Even after setting it to English the warning splash is still in Japanese.

I'm really annoyed that Capcom never bothered fixing this. It's completely superficial but it just bugs me that I don't have the "correct" version of the game. Out of curiosity, did you buy the game directly from Steam? I'm also in Canada but I thought maybe it was due to the key GMG gave me or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom