• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the single true showstopper issue I identified in Atelier Sophie got fixed in time for the release, at least for the vast majority of configurations.

Wonderful news. At least K-T personnel is listening to your feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if Sophie happens to be a rapid selling launch title for K-T on PC what with folks knowing you provided feedback to them.

Nillansan

People do dumb and violent shit all the time but I'm hard pressed to take a person who would be quicker to defend a Nazi than an unarmed black child seriously.

Careful, you'll trigger someone's burner account.

I'd suggest putting in a friendly survey response to the Atlus' Japan survey duckroll put up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340498

First step to getting more Atlus PC ports is giving them hints that there's a good number of folks who'll buy these ports/remasters/new Persona games.

Was Steam or PC ever mentioned in any of their previous surveys? I am about half-way through mine. Will this be the year we'll see Atlus games on PC?

Anteater

5FhBMIA.gif

Tizoc

I just started Dust and I LOVE IT.
The fast paced combat and attacks remind me of the Ys series and the simple combos are rather satisfying.
Couldn't care less about the plot TBH so I'm skipping through it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I just started Dust and I LOVE IT.
The fast paced combat and attacks remind me of the Ys series and the simple combos are rather satisfying.
Couldn't care less about the plot TBH so I'm skipping through it.
Yeah I didn't give a fuck about the plot or art either, but the mechanics were definitely good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well if you cant sell cards from those digital homicide giveway those games are useless >_>

ABZU is super good, I'm glad more people will be able to play it.
I'm really enjoying it. I'm just treating it as a chill thing to do rather than an interesting game. It's chill, well made, Wintory's score is reminiscent of Tomb Raider's in some ways. I don't see the comparisons to Journey yet. That game was on another level when you consider the multiplayer component. Maybe this game has some late game lore in store for me but all the murals felt very superficial.

I'm glad I took a wait and see approach to it. But I find myself disagreeing with some of the reviews I read that were overly negative on it. Perhaps the expectations of this title were too high.

Parsnip

Some how Digital Homicide have managed to change the steam sub so that the gleam giveaway here now drops their entire catalog even all the weird music dlc. No idea how they managed it seeing as they were kicked off steam.

I got Dungeons of Kragmor and Operation: Global shield from the key, the two I was missing.

Standard tweet, facebook, subscribe nonsense.

New sub.

So if you really really want them...
Do you folks have like throwaway accounts on twitter and stuff for all these garbage actions?

Parsnip

I can't sell cards dropped from Digital Homicide games, I guess Valve did something blocking them in order to prevent money grabbing.

Also:

https://twitter.com/tamika__x/status/827779971540152320

Kojima's new flame, Quiet 2.0 incoming.

Words and deeds.

This appears to be the same as the Sony themed one I have (which also works on PC), just with xbox theming.

I don't like how the dpad feels.

I just unfollow them immediately after again and delete the retweet
Am I lazy if I think that's too much work?

gelf

I wish that Hori controller had a Sega style circle dpad instead of a plus, then I'd be all over it. Thankfully the recent new Steam gamepad remapping options have made using an old Saturn controller less of an issue even though its a few buttons short. For example I mapped a long press of start to make up for the missing back button.

Parsnip

For context though, I also didn't care much for the dpad in the SF4 fightpads that madcatz made, but it's my understanding that a lot of people hold those in a somewhat high regard.

I could be a mutant.

I would love to try the good old Saturn controller that everyone was always raving about, to see what the fuss was about.

Final Fantasy XV finished.

Onto Watch Dogs 2 next, then that's 3 games this year finished.

What did you think of chapter 13

You can put it in spoilers, but I recommend everyone mod that part out of the game anyway when it comes to PC

These controllers are reminding me that I oughta put some money aside for a fight stick.

And reminding me I need to pick up an 8bitdo SNES pad. Only been seeing the NES one from their official Amazon and NES is yuck.

Mivey

The DS4 works fairly well in my opinion.
Is it a hassle to get games working with it? I know there is DS4Windows, so it it just something that runs in the background an works with everything or is it more hit and miss?
I guess the idea of needing third-party open source software is putting me a bit off. Why doesn't even the official USB Adaptor from Sony support Xinput?

Is it a hassle to get games working with it? I know there is DS4Windows, so it it just something that runs in the background an works with everything or is it more hit and miss?
I guess the idea of needing third-party open source software is putting me a bit off. Why doesn't even the official USB Adaptor from Sony support Xinput?

Again (not directed to you Mivey), Steam now has full DS4 support. Valve adds full PS4 controller support to Steam - Players will be able to customize input for buttons, joysticks, and even the touchpad and gryoscope

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

does this mean it works exactly like a 360 contrller, plug and play? I get that valve added support, but what about the base windows?

What about Nights of Azure?

Durante hasnt said much about that one except it runs at 60

I wish that Hori controller had a Sega style circle dpad instead of a plus, then I'd be all over it. Thankfully the recent new Steam gamepad remapping options have made using an old Saturn controller less of an issue even though its a few buttons short. For example I mapped a long press of start to make up for the missing back button.

Oooooohhhh, I'm down for this. I do have to resolder my cord though, as it keeps disconnecting. Not having a back or home button made it annoying to use. But now.

Shaqskygif.jif

Knurek

does this mean it works exactly like a 360 contrller, plug and play? I get that valve added support, but what about the base windows?

Still better to use DS4Windows most of the time, Valve's implementation still has some bugs (especially when wireless).

Durante hasnt said much about that one except it runs at 60

Not sure what you mean by base windows. I just tried my 360 controller and it can control the mouse on the windows desktop with no additional software, if that's what you mean.

I know about that, actually. Does anyone here use it? What works, what doesn't? User reports are always more interesting than bland articles copying press releases.
I'm sorry I can't help you more. The Steam Controller's only fault is that it's almost too good. I don't use anything else much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom