• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

FLD

Holy shit, what a megaton to wake up to! Wasn't there a thread recently about "stuff you hope to see every day when you go on GAF?" Yeah, pretty much this.

FF X/X-2 HD Remaster was something I was very much hoping for but Danganronpa?! Goddamn, talk about out of nowhere. Will double dip gladly if it turns out to be true.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, I know that ;) And find those threads very strange to be honest. I know emulation isn't illegal, but really, how many gamers using the Dolphin emulator had the Wii games they emulate.
(Sorry for the off topic discussion.)

It's the third best selling home console of all time so probably a lot of them (like myself). It's impossible to measure either way.

Safe to say, on my end, as a launch day Wii owner both homebrew on the platfrom and Dolphin are two of the best things to happen to the hardware.

Vlaphor

Also, one major advantage of the Vita is in how easy it is to pause and resume. Makes playing rpg's much easier when I can just hit a button and come back to it later, instead of having to find a save point before I can leave.

Still, if FFX and X-2 do come to PC, I'll probably cheat engine my way to advanced stats to just re-enjoy the games in hurry.

Guys, don't be salty. Be excited, that your favorite developers and publisher get to release their games to a new, big userbase to make money. Which leads to sequels and new IP's.

It's a fucking Win/Win-Situation.

Yo, for reals. I don't understand how a single fan of any of these series can be upset.

I'll probably end up buying most games on the platform they release on first (even though I have a capable PC, I'd rather not wait) but a PS4/PC release for most of these games has me quite excited.

Every day, I'm waiting on localization news for the Yakuza games and the announcement of Yakuza 0 alone made me ecstatic. I fucking hope to dear god that Yakuza 0 comes to PC and sells boatloads. I want the other Yakzua games localized as quickly as possible.

Bring on all the Japanese titles, the niche primarily, to PS4/PC so that I can keep getting sequels and localisations.

Nzyme32

Benefits of general cross platform releases: greater potential consumerbase allowing (quality) creative works to be experienced by more people, and thus increase revenue for parent company to encourage further works from the creative team.

Benefits of PC specific releases: extremely wide range of customers due to configuration variables and potentially endless longevity of creative work as distribution and accessibility transcends locked hardware "generation" platforms in favour of a sustained multi-"generation" service.

I can understand people being soured due to an unpredictable and thus respectively unfortunate financial investment in hardware they thought was the only place to access certain titles. But if you care even slightly about the quality of a project, support for the team, and as many people being able to experience that work as possible, you'd have to be batshit crazy to not be pro-multiplatform and in this particular case pro-PC.

I'm a huge advocate for preservation of creative works across all mediums to prevent them from becoming difficult to find and experience as time goes by. No platform in existence has greater security and potential for preservation other than PC.

Couldn't agree more.

A lot of implied PC versions from exclusivity labels tossed around at the conference.

Console exclusive (never coming to Xbox)
Console debut (first on Playstation, could go to either PC or Xbox or both)
Playstation exclusive (speaks for itself)

Listed games with label one:
Yakuza 0
King of Fighters XIV
Ni-Oh

Label 2:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ni No Kuni 2

Label 3:
First party titles basically.

There's more but I'm on mobile so that's all I remember offhand.

Your console debut idea is wrong. Many of those games have already been on PC or release at the same time. As a single example, see Boyes comments at PSX 2014 for Killing Floor 2 - "KF2 will make it's exclusive console debut on PS4". Probably the same for other platforms too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GTA San Andreas Original Audio has been sitting on Steam for the past 5 months apparently (389110 / 389550). Shouldn't have been removed from the original users' games in the first place

Yeah, the apps are clearly abandoned but I wonder what lead to them in the first place. Since R* didn't make new subs for San Andreas, it's impossible to patch in the removed music or repackage the original version and hand it out to then-pre-existing owners without also giving it to those who bought the game after the licences expired.

I'll be building up my Steam library quite a bit over the next year it seems. I've been enjoying returning to gaming on PC after a LONG hiatus, in no small part because of these console games being brought over. May in fact just grab up a more potent gaming PC later, although I'll have a PS4 in the interim while I consider it.

Was also pretty content with just sticking with a relative few games on Vita to this point, so things such as FFX/X-2 (which I might have gotten on PS4) and Danganropa I hadn't gotten to yet...now will on PC. Good to see these games and others like the Neptunias getting a wider audience either way.

Dragon

Banned
One, Helldivers.

Hmm that was the game done by the Magicka folks right?

I know it's unrealistic, but BB's technical issues make me sad. I'd take a PS5 remaster as well, I don't really care, I just want the game to run well.

FROM always has issues with framerate on console games. I guess just be happy the game existed in the first place? I'm not trying to be a dick, but if Helldivers is the precedent for something like BB or Demons Souls coming to Steam, I just don't see it.

Mugen08

FFX with a possible "non-awkward mod" (laughter/voices) and maybe uprezzed re-skins for characters? Color me interested...

Illegally. Emulators are the worst for recent gaming consoles (like the Wii).
Look at Xenoblade, Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy on Dolphin andthen tell me that they're the worst thing for gaming consoles. People who would pirate games aren't very likely to not do so just because it takes a few extra years for an emulator to run games at a playable rate while people who own the original discs and consoles, like me, can replay them with much better image quality.

Nzyme32

Yeah, the apps are clearly abandoned but I wonder what lead to them in the first place. Since R* didn't make new subs for San Andreas, it's impossible to patch in the removed music or repackage the original version and hand it out to then-pre-existing owners without also giving it to those who bought the game after the licences expired.

Yeah. I can't make any sense out of their decision to do it in that way.

FROM always has issues with framerate on console games. I guess just be happy the game existed in the first place? I'm not trying to be a dick, but if Helldivers is the precedent for something like BB or Demons Souls coming to Steam, I just don't see it.
DS2 on PS4 runs great as far as I know

Kalentan

Honestly the only "downside" I can see of this is that the vocal PC Elitist will now be even further insufferable. Since they can't merely be happy with getting the game, but need to tell people constantly why their version is the best and act all smugly. On the flip side this then causes the fanboys of the console the game is no longer exclusive to, to start acting out and acting as though they were betrayed or something. All very annoying and increasingly harder to avoid.

Nzyme32

I was just looking at Valkyria's sub for curiousity, and they've been working on it?

I'm amazed... are they actually going to iron out the last bugs?

They haven't actually done much at all. What you are looking at is the entire package history. The game had something removed 18 days ago (some sort of internal branch), but otherwise it hasn't been touched for months. The recent package may be related to the sales or something

Pranay

Interesting. I wonder if Sony's deal with Arrowhead allowed them to release Helldivers on Steam.

Its going to be released under the name of Sony.

I think Sony are interested in porting first party indie games on Steam or maybe in future to mobile devices.

It's called humour. You know, people loves to post funny gifs in reactions to stuff. It's not a first, it's not a last. Then again, there's no need to be so defensive :eek:
Stating my opinion is now being "defensive"?

People are just making jokes. I think you're taking them a bit too seriously.
Then I hope these jokes stay in this thread only. I don't want to see this GIF and these jokes in every other Vita/PS4 thread.

No we're pretty much done, I don't think lots more will show up. This list is good but missing a few things

• Everybody's gone to the rapture
  • Journey
  • Criminal Girls
  • Danganronpa 1 + 2
  • Steins;Gate
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1
  • Stranger of Sword City
  • Bad Rats Show
  • Half Life 3
  • Hellblade
  • Space Pirates VR
  • Arslan Musou
  • Phantom Brave
  • Ray Gigant
  • Code of Princess
  • Xblaze: Code Embryo
  • FF VI

Truth. I can't imagine playing some of these games NOT on a handheld, but if people want that, more power to them.
Still, buy a Vita
This is the complete list? I guess people then should stop throwing away their PS4/Vita, lol. There is no reason to even do so based on this list. If you bought Vita just for Dangan, maybe. But there are still a lot of exclusives that are worthy for getting both hardware. In case of Vita, you also have an excellent portable console.

ITT, I have learned that a lot of people bought Vita just for Danganronpa 1-2 (surely not for Criminal Girls :D) and PS4 for FFX|X-2 HD Remaster.

Vamphuntr

Stating my opinion is now being "defensive"?

ITT, I have learned that a lot of people bought Vita just for Danganronpa 1-2 (surely not for Criminal Girls :D) and PS4 for FFX|X-2 HD Remaster.

Yup I bought mine for Dangan 1 and 2 and the Trails game. At this point I'm pretty much expecting Cold Steel to show up eventually. I was about to pull the trigger on a preorder for Stranger of the Sword City but not anymore.

This is the complete list? I guess people then should stop throwing away their PS4/Vita, lol. There is no reason to even do so based on this list. If you bought Vita just for Dangan, maybe. But there are still a lot of exclusives that are worthy for getting both hardware. In case of Vita, you also have an excellent portable console.

It's a trend that didn't start with this leak, you have Neps, Senran Kagura and more all coming to PC and a lot of other games ported to PS4.

it's not a problem, but the Vita is bleeding exclusives so I can at least see where people are coming from.

Yup I bought mine for Dangan 1 and 2 and the Trails game. At this point I'm pretty much expecting Cold Steel to show up eventually. I was about to pull the trigger on a preorder for Stranger of the Sword City but not anymore.
The point of getting a console for a game you like is to keep it for other games that you want. So if the other exclusives don't interest you, there is no need to keep it, honestly.

You can relax now.
?

It's a trend that didn't start with this leak, you have Neps, Senran Kagura and more all coming to PC and a lot of other games ported to PS4.

it's not a problem, but the Vita is bleeding exclusives so I can at least see where people are coming from.
I can understand this reasoning. But I have also mentioned that there is the charm of owning a portable that people won't get on PS4/PC. It is one of the reason indies were successful on Vita despite being on PC and other platforms.

Nzyme32

This is not really a "complete list" of anything. Just someone highlighting what they find interesting. This is closer to a "complete list" - http://pastebin.com/WtZU1zzH

Even then, that contains all kinds of stuff from in development / planned to abandoned / test apps / packages and a significant amount of games that use pseudonyms to not get caught out in this exact situation. Obviously this covers the leaked stuff which is stuff listed as unknown. Some devs add things a lot closer to launch or only when they get officially announced, so you won't see any of that

Honestly the only "downside" I can see of this is that the vocal PC Elitist will now be even further insufferable. Since they can't merely be happy with getting the game, but need to tell people constantly why their version is the best and act all smugly. On the flip side this then causes the fanboys of the console the game is no longer exclusive to, to start acting out and acting as though they were betrayed or something. All very annoying and increasingly harder to avoid.
Ignore users. EZPZ.

Nzyme32

No Sunset Overdrive :(

Like I said, quite a bit of stuff only gets added to Steam later / after they are announced all the time. That being said, for bigger MS games I wouldn't bet on them coming to Steam anymore with their push for their own store thing

Top Bottom