• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

As we're starting this off I have to give a super thanks to Mr Elysia for gifting me Ys Origin. I was hesitating on buying it since I wanted to play the other three first (I, II, and Oath) and I've probably spent too much in this sale, but he hooked me up out of nowhere.

Just awesome.

ibuYZNRlPLnP0O.gif

Grief.exe

Origin and Oath are better starting points for the series anyways. If you are hungry for more, you can grab I, II, and Oath.

dot

I spent so much money on my steam friends. Ya'll makin me poor. ;-;

Hope everyone has a happy and nice new year.

Lain

With the old thread closed I'm gonna repost it once more in the new thread:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-2C5337EC98D69A5D

Long Live The Queen #2 -- MB-CA51B1D793CDD3B1

Long Live The Queen #3 -- MB-16DC47E12B3A3A99

Long Live The Queen #4 -- MB-EB11419F82A6F65F

The Bridge -- MB-E659C47E368B6D69

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0C59DD5419A8F2D9

t1388568554z1.png

Happy new year guys. I just grabbed the Mark of the Ninja DLC. Here's one for you too.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja DLC -- MB-BCC5A35CED051811 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 9 entrants total.

t1388547586z1.png

Cth

Watching Scott Pilgrim with my daughter and re-enacting fights from it, waiting for the new year and new sales.

Hope everyone has a great year and sale!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
fucking gamemaker professional going on sale when I'm already broke. God damn it. The Steam sale is done for me. And so is any spending money for the next week.
:((((((((

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where's my Blood Knights flash Gabe? :(

Question... Should I rush to buy Ghostbusters and Riddick from Gamestop? Ghostbusters I can do for $10 but Riddick at $20 is a little steep... This whole Deadpool thing has me wary to go back and pick up what I can. I managed to get Prey a few months ago too.

Sorry to bump but this thread moved fast. Any chance of these going on sale or should I just bite the bullet?

Santiako

I stopped entering giveaways here since I won more than my fair share of games in this sale alone:

Resident Evil 6
Ittle Dew
Devil May Cry 4
Retro City Rampage
A Valley Without Wind eps 1 and 2

:p

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Sorry to bump but this thread moved fast. Any chance of these going on sale or should I just bite the bullet?
You know the rules but yeah I don't think they'll go on sale any deeper, or acti could troll us like they did last year with bloodlines.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I can't find any source to indicate it gives a Steam key from Amazon or any other site that tracks it, so best to just assume it doesn't.

Gamestop does have it for Steam for sure, though more expensive.

Ghostbusters you are perfectly fine on getting now and I say is fully worth it.
Chronicles of Riddick you should get on GOG.com to avoid some potentially awful DRM. http://www.gog.com/game/the_chronicles_of_riddick_assault_on_dark_athena

Volcynika

Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

header_292x136.jpg

Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #1 -- MB-7F20E4E5261E3974 - Taken by WonkersTHEWatilla. 90 entrants total.
Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #2 -- MB-9C8D322695094491 - Taken by MotorbreathX. 62 entrants total.
Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #3 -- MB-7D01DD460BCE6A02 - Taken by Lonewolf_92. 86 entrants total.
Ys Chronicles I&II Plus #4 -- MB-745208D42F4C8C17 - Taken by Chocobro. 69 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Ys: The Oath in Felghana #1 -- MB-3F1107462934404D - Taken by MisterRoboto. 75 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #2 -- MB-8A878BE8B0910BFB - Taken by Beelzeboss. 72 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #3 -- MB-3FE4AFFB9B9F89D6 - Taken by SephirothRK. 84 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #4 -- MB-57C7BCD6E0BFAA00 - Taken by eyeless. 73 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Ys Origin #1 -- MB-A60687817F575470 - Taken by Htown. 91 entrants total.
Ys Origin #2 -- MB-9BA2EABD19D869E5 - Taken by Necromanti. 83 entrants total.
Ys Origin #3 -- MB-C83E161B65B6873C - Taken by XShagrath. 84 entrants total.
Ys Origin #4 -- MB-9578DFA6BF3060FD - Taken by Danielsan. 102 entrants total.

t1388633222z1.png

Starbound seems fun. I've only put 30 minutes into it and for the first 15 I didn't know what I was doing. I can see this becoming a time-sink for me.

Cth

Ok, so I got laid off in 2011, and haven't been able to find a full time job since.

That being said, I realize others out there are in similar situations.

So, for the next hour, I'll be taking PMs from people who have similar stories and picking someone to buy a game from their wishlist.

I don't have a lot of money admittedly, but I managed to get lucky and realized I had points left over from my Gamestop membership (which landed me a $20 Steam gift card). So, mail me your sob stories, and I'll do what I can to hellp someone out who's in a shitty situation too.

Hang in there, it's a new year SteamGAF. Our luck's gonna change, let this giveaway be the start of it.

Deadline 11:30pm EST.

Lain

A BIG thank you to dot for gifting me 1000 Amps!

Edit: Also, great giveaway Volcynika. That's a lot of Ys love.

Santiako

Ok, so I got laid off in 2011, and haven't been able to find a full time job since.

That being said, I realize others out there are in similar situations.

So, for the next hour, I'll be taking PMs from people who have similar stories and picking someone to buy a game from their wishlist.

I don't have a lot of money admittedly, but I managed to get lucky and realized I had points left over from my Gamestop membership (which landed me a $20 Steam gift card). So, mail me your sob stories, and I'll do what I can to hellp someone out who's in a shitty situation too.

Hang in there, it's a new year SteamGAF. Out luck's gonna change, let this giveaway be the start of it.

Deadline 11:30pm EST.

gHYp1nF.gif

Khronico

Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).

mother-of-god-gif.gif

This.... is amazing. Your generosity is appreciated!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I thought dudes was unisex, guess I'll have to watch some Anita Sarkeesian videos.

Don't. It's really not necessary to submit yourself to that.

Nope, not a huge fan of Enemy Unknown.

I still tried to submit it as my 5th choice for the 2013 Steam GOTY... 2013 has not been a strong year for titles, let alone the RTS genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom