• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Looks good, but I'm not smart enough for puzzle games.
Paint it back is the most beginner friendly puzzle game i've played yet and a great starting point.
I strongly recommend picking it up
Ive been addicted to it for days.

accel

Is it a good puzzle game though?
Better than Sudoku? :>

It engages the brain in a different way. I personally am not big on TIS, but that's likely because I am too close in my job to what it tries to imitate. If I weren't, I'd rate it highly, the problems are interesting.

Is it good in the SpaceChem "beyond us normal humans" sort of way? Or more in a Hexcells "anyone with patience and some logic" sort of way?

(Makes a note to try SpaceChem.)

Momentary

Banned
Can't get it to run in fullscreen?

Vsync cause diagonal tear on my screen. The game's FPS stutters like crazy and fluctuates between 40 and 60 no matter what the setting (980m here) It crashes for no reason, the game's sound is completely off during cut scenes and some of the graphical options don't even work. Also you can't run the game in full screen, you've gotta use borderless windows which is what is causing that diagonal tear across my screen.

Such a horrible port and it's abandoned just like ONe piece and Samurai Warriors 4-II.

Not even the KOEI TECMO brigade can bring this game over an 80% approval rating this time.

I will not mourn the day this company stops making PC games. They are one of the worst. What they need to do is hand EVERYTHING to QLOC.

Vsync cause diagonal tear on my screen. The game's FPS stutters like crazy and fluctuates between 40 and 60 no matter what the setting (980m here) It crashes for no reason, the game's sound is completely off during cut scenes and some of the graphical options don't even work. Also you can't run the game in full screen, you've gotta use borderless windows which is what is causing that diagonal tear across my screen.

Such a horrible port and it's abandoned just like ONe piece and Samurai Warriors 4-II.

Not even the KOEI TECMO brigade can bring this game over an 80% approval rating this time.

I will not mourn the day this company stops making PC games. They are one of the worst. What they need to do is hand EVERYTHING to QLOC.
Yeah, it has its fair share of weird-ass problems. I get the cutscene audio issue. Weird thing is that moving the game to an SSD did nothing. Weirder thing is that running the game in 720p apparently fixes that. My weird bug is that with RivaTuner open at all, even with it not hooking into the game, it wouldn't launch.

But sorting that out has left me pretty pleased. I get 60fps on a 970. But yeah it has that K-T port jank. At least it's personally a better port than DOA5, which has seemingly unfixable microstuttering in fullscreen, and the only controller I own that works properly in it is... my steam controller.

Deques

zkylon

zkylewd
so, i've dug around and sounds like the other timeline in wolfenstein doesn't really change anything?

that's disappointing, i guess i won't replay it then

Miff

Hyperdimension U PC beta applications are open if anyone interested. You'll need to be quick as it's already been ~8hrs since it was posted to Twitterz.

Edit: browsing back, I can see Lunaniem already picked up on this. GJ!

This is the first time ever that I have a Ubisoft game on my whistlist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah...I didn't realized he was asking for PC version.

6411568.jpg

This is a Steam thread, buddy.

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if i should play d4

i know it's a cool game and all but not feeling like playing it

not feeling like playing anything

what's a cool show to watch

when is izombie coming back damn it

not sure if i should play d4

i know it's a cool game and all but not feeling like playing it

not feeling like playing anything

what's a cool show to watch

when is izombie coming back damn it

Into The Badlands was really cool, too bad it was only six episodes.

mrgone

so, i've dug around and sounds like the other timeline in wolfenstein doesn't really change anything?

that's disappointing, i guess i won't replay it then

When you get tired of alternate timelines you should try the most historically accurate version of Wolfenstein.

v3cpkma.jpg

Deques

Hyperdimension U PC beta applications are open if anyone interested. You'll need to be quick as it's already been ~8hrs since it was posted to Twitterz.

Doesn't seems like you get a free full version after the beta testing

Dr Dogg

Personally I'd say TIS-100 is more accessible than SpaceChem as there's no abstraction to what the game is at it's core. It doesn't beat around the bush and straight up tells you it's programming where as that's fundamentally what SpaceChem is but masked up as chemistry.

Realistically if you have intermediate understanding of secondary school level mathematics and/or physics you should have a good foundation going into TIS-100. Though the game is very good at teaching you various concepts as you go along, especially if you look at the achievements and try what they suggest to complete a few levels. There's a great one for the 2nd level that has a very obvious solution that is the common score on the community leaderboard histogram but if you look at just the achievement name for that level and work out how to implement that in your own program then you've learnt from doing.

And really that's key as if you go hunting for tips or use other peoples solutions you're not going to learn anything firsthand but if you bash away yourself suddenly that self taunt knowledge really comes in handy as you progress from puzzle to puzzle or even optimising your previously completed puzzles. In fact when I get stuck on the next puzzle I go back to the previous ones and try to get my scores down to see if there are any new or obvious paradigms I'm missing out on that might help out going forward.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
also found out there's a new izombie so we're back boyzz

It's on break again until the 2nd, so better stretch those ~40 minutes into a little under three weeks. ;) American TV schedules are the absolute worst.

Dr Dogg

It's on break again until the 2nd, so better stretch those ~40 minutes into a little under three weeks. ;) American TV schedules are the absolute worst.

What I'd kill for US style budgeting and scheduling for TV over here (well for the most part). While I'd do agree too much of a good thing eventually turns to shit and then you end up with Henry Winkler jet skiing but 2 episodes of Luther is taking the definition series to its finest point.

Soulflarz

Banned

Do you actually send an email for this?

W..why would they do it like that

That's just daft.

Also I'm really enjoying iosefe's storytelling for his XCOM game. Dude you should consider throwing together a blog or something to preserve these tales for posterity. Heck it might even get picked up by some of the gaming press blogs like Alice and Kev did back in the day.

Oh and add me to the game too please if you get a free slot somewhere :p

What I'd kill for US style budgeting and scheduling for TV over here (well for the most part). While I'd do agree too much of a good thing eventually turns to shit and then you end up with Henry Winkler jet skiing but 2 episodes of Luther is taking the definition series to its finest point.

Those 2 episodes of Luther weren't even very good. But yeah England with it's ~6 episode seasons is kind of annoying, especially when the shows are usually pretty good. And then you have Sherlock which averages one episode (admittedly as long as a movie) per year. Get your shit together guys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, I understand that nailing down Elba for a prolonged period is probably quite hard these days, but Luther's two-episode resurrection has me wondering, "What's the point?".

Last time I looked the renewal was not yet confirmed by AMC, awesome news.

Wait, I still can't find any news about it officially being renewed :\

Awesome show, but yeah, nothing is confirmed yet but reportedly the rating were very good and those in charge are very happy so I'd be surprised if it didn't come back.

Tizoc

Last time I looked the renewal was not yet confirmed by AMC, awesome news.

Wait, I still can't find any news about it officially being renewed :
Could've seorn i read somewhere it was renewed for a 2nd season at least but forgot where i red it
Maybe it was on gaf?

zkylon

zkylewd
damn already finished it the izombie episode

at least competitive league is back so i'll have something to entertain me

also is there a way to unhide games from your library?

Arthea

So I need some help finding some good beatemup's for P.C. I've played the crap out of Castle Crashers, so that's off the list. Was looking at the Double Dragon trilogy, but it's got some real negative reviews on steam. And yes I've played and beaten Double Dragon Neon so that's a no go as well.

if you mean coop, I very much recommend Metal Slug games. They are blast to play with a friend.
I also very recommend One Finger Dead Punch (it's amazing) and Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds.
Double Dragon trilogy seems to be just not good ports.

very useful tool is user tags, granted, steam folk are not into genre purity and there are infamous "jokers", but it's still very useful, for example this
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=4158&page=1#sort_by=Reviews_DESC&tags=4158&page=1

we still need to talk to them, I don't see any other way, I mean how's not getting any of those games is a solution? Talking some sense into them is a solution, not only port quality and support but also their pricing policies. Only... I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it.

I've covered this briefly here (the second half of my post), but yes, we review sales results and overall projection to determine where to invest next. I will do my part.

Edit: same rule applies to ports, remasters, and sequels.

Well in that case, maybe Devil May Cry HD Collection PC port would be good. I also noticed that according to Capcom's IR pages the HD Collection sold one million plus.

DMC3 is still widely regarded as the best action game of all time. And it's original PC port by Ubisoft was terrible. And, of course DMC1 has never been on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom