• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanskie

Banned
how is binary domain its on sale on get games for £3.73 is it worth it

The narrative can easily fit into half a season of Ghost of in the Shell SAC, and that is high praise for a game marketed as a cover shooter.

The marketing of this game, its cover etc really does this game a disservice, making it look like one of the those shallow meat head shooters.

I did not even know this game existed until it was repeatedly recommended by GAF and Reddit.

Also must buy: Alpha Protocol

eek5

holy shit.. 20+ hrs into fallen enchantress and I just realized that units had an autoattack...... fuck. I've been skipping turns in battle waiting for skills to cooldown this whole time LOL

That water level in Shovel Knight, omg.

lBAzLw4.gif

I think I died about 100+ times before I made it to the boss. I don't know why that level in particular was giving me so much trouble!

Shovel Knight is 11/10, by the way. SO GOOD.

i'm sorry but no oscar worthy acting so not a real game

edit : mcfly pls

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
got gifted blood knights from one of my friends in real life, i think ill take that as an insult lmao

Unicorn

Fez platforming is really hard when my shitty netbook drops frames as I turn the camera. This early platforming tower is borderline impossible :(

Grief.exe

Question, SteamGAF: lately I've rewatched some videos of God of War 3 and Silent Hill - The Arcade. Needless to say, two genres I love (3rd person hack 'n slash/lightgun) ad no way to play either.
So, any good advice for games in the same leagues? Keep in mind I already own HoTD:O, Marlow Briggs, DmC3/4. And fine-combed MAWS back in its heyday.

• Metal Gear Rising
  • DMC (Might as well)
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Alan Wake
  • Evil Within
  • Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth
  • Condemned
  • Amnesia

Admittedly, a few of those horror recommendations are more action-focused than the Silent Hill series. You can always PM Dusk Golem and he will give you some good recommendations.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Fez platforming is really hard when my shitty netbook drops frames as I turn the camera. This early platforming tower is borderline impossible :(

All I can think to recommend is to turn the settings, including the resolution down as far as possible.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fez

This mentions updating your drivers if you're using Intel Integrated graphics.

I am guessing this has gone under people's radars....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227700/

firefall1.jpg

I haven't played this game since they "temporarily" removed instanced pvp from the game (still has yet to return but there will be open world pvp). Very fun game.

edit:
I bet I still have keys, although no clue if they are valid still but I can check. The game was in open beta at one time but right now it looks like you have to buy into early access again... odd... or wait til release when it becomes free to play.

Hugstable

Banned
Gonna continue my Dark Souls adventure into Lost Izalith today. Everything feels like it's finally winding down and coming to an end, and I'm actually excited to once to end a game I love so much just because the sequel is just right ahead and ready for me to dive into, Season pass and all. Haven't got much sleep, but I should still be able to survive :D. I'm also down for Payday 2 or CS:Go a bit today also

Grief.exe

I am guessing this has gone under people's radars....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227700/

firefall1.jpg

I haven't played this game since they "temporarily" removed instanced pvp from the game (still has yet to return but there will be open world pvp). Very fun game.

edit:
I bet I still have keys, although no clue if they are valid still but I can check. The game was in open beta at one time but right now it looks like you have to buy into early access again... odd... or wait til release when it becomes free to play.

I was reading about this the other day and it certainly looks interesting. Worth a try considering the F2P nature of the game.

I was reading about the are the other day and it certainly looks interesting. Worth a try considering the F2P nature of the game.

Firefall actually leaves a pretty good first impression. After you're done with the tutorial you come to this town/hub which looks really cool. Nice artwork and surroundings and all. Unfortunately that's where the clock starts ticking down to players realizing that the developers kind of forgot to build a game in there somewhere.

Enco

STALKER with Misery is such a stuttery mess.

It seems so cool and I really want to get into it but I just can't with the state it's in.

Shame because I wanted a good The Road experience and this seemed like the jackpot.

STALKER with Misery is such a stuttery mess.

It seems so cool and I really want to get into it but I just can't with the state it's in.

Shame because I wanted a good The Road experience and this seemed like the jackpot.

weird, I was about to say the same thing.

Something close to that experience is Fallout: New Vegas with the Project Nevada mod. But that kinda just turns it into vanilla STALKER.

Is there a definitive list of post-apocalyptic FPS/RPGs?

I was reading about this the other day and it certainly looks interesting. Worth a try considering the F2P nature of the game.

It is pretty generous about how you can unlock everything without paying, but iirc there is grinding to be had. But according to my post history on their forums, the last time I really played the game was September 2013. So almost a full year, and I saw a video posted a few days ago that said they are changing a lot with unlocks at release anyway... so take my recollection with a grain of salt.

The pvp was very good though. It needed some heavy tweaks imo, and maybe they'll figure that out eventually. I never made a pvp video but a clanmate of mine did of him sniping. Sniping has both bullet drop and bullet travel time, but they reduced it significantly at one point so I can't say where this one falls, they also tweaked damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw4qBbnKB9g

I'll send you one right now

Send me one as well, played with u all last night (protekt1)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026992359/

thanks - invited

AHA-Lambda

My misadventures with Always Sometimes Monsters continue, and 17 days in I finally seem to confronted with my first real choice of the game.

I must take part in a race to win a car that will get me to the next town on my journey, there does not seem to be any other way of getting to the next town. I can either fix the car or sabotage the other racer's car.

Aside from this though I am still faced with all of these non choices:

-I went with an old man to a pawn shop and he gave me money to buy him scratch cards, now this can be played in many ways: keep the money? keep the scratch cards? redeem any winning scratch cards for yourself or be truthful?
I played this scene out 3 different times, no matter what you do it plays out exactly the same every single time.

-I went to a strip club, in a game like this potential is rife for moral choices, nothing. The only thing I could do was in one of the back rooms I saw some tips that I could steal, no consequence to doing so.

Maybe that's the point in both these scenarios, that nothing does need to happen in a game like this, and that it's only your own conscience that is supposed to be affected but from a mechanics point of view, for a game about choice, if there are no consequences why not always do the easy thing, and take the extra money?
In fact during a scene with a confession booth, the game only seemed to highlight my doing 2 bad choices so far, and even the priest didn't blame me, and assuaged my character's guilt. It doesn't seem hard to play this game straight laced.
Then again, so far I've found little use for money apart from keeping myself fed and for buying the next mcguffin to progress the story, I've hardly struggled financially.

Once again I just feel there is a lot of missed potential here.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Steam trade offers are surprisingly difficult to scrape because there's almost no useful content on the offer webpage itself, it's all inserted dynamically through a very very convoluted process of ajax requests and javascript processing. Even the simple question of "How many items am I being offered versus how many am I being asked for?" can't be answered through conventional screen-scraping. Very interesting.

Edit: It looks like it's fairly easy to decipher the JS stuff, so that's good at least.

Grief.exe

It is pretty generous about how you can unlock everything without paying, but iirc there is grinding to be had. But according to my post history on their forums, the last time I really played the game was September 2013. So almost a full year, and I saw a video posted a few days ago that said they are changing a lot with unlocks at release anyway... so take my recollection with a grain of salt.

The pvp was very good though. It needed some heavy tweaks imo, and maybe they'll figure that out eventually. I never made a pvp video but a clanmate of mine did of him sniping. Sniping has both bullet drop and bullet travel time, but they reduced it significantly at one point so I can't say where this one falls, they also tweaked damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw4qBbnKB9g

I wonder if I was looking into videos on that game about a year ago. In any event, that PVP does look like fun as I enjoy games with a higher TTK.

Do they have it separated by level? So you aren't getting dominated by a level 200 Firefall junkie?

Laptop manufacturers are retarded. What is the point of a 4k display... just what is the bloody point.

Dude, considering that until just recently every PC OEM thought that 1360x768 was da bomb and were all sitting around with their thumbs stuck up their asses wondering why apple's macbook like of notebooks were selling so well... I'll take 4K screens over the alternative form of stupid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
edit:
Genre: Action, Free to Play, Massively Multiplayer, RPG

;)

Edit: I misread your post. Now I look stupid, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom