• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

As someone who just spent about 4 hours last night converting all my screenshots to save space, I really recommend you curb this stuff early.

Delete the 1080p screens, and use FastStone to convert all of the 4K screens to 98% JPEGs. The quality is very nearly identical, but the file size is about half. If literal pixel perfect quality isn't necessary for you, you can go to about 95% quality and make the file sizes even better.

Nah i will only take 4K screens when i am able to push resolution that high (that means older DX9 games).

And i usually upload them few times per week on Flickr so i think that my HDDs will be fine :D

Teppic

The groupees trading coins are now live... and can be used to buy bundles (but not preorders), it seems.
Nice. But I only got one coin when I should have recieved two from the two bundles I bought. Sent them a message about it. Hopefully just an error.
Groupees coins are sneaky. Went to buy a $2 bundle with my $3 groupees coins; because it was a "$3 coin", I don't get change, so it cost me the whole coin to get the $2 bundle. And of course, Groupees almost never does $3 bundles, they do $1-2 bundles, and then they do $4+ bundles. So you're either going to lose some value on the coin, or you're going to have to pay them the balance. Sneaky sneaky.
That's too bad. They should definitely give you a $1 coin back in that case. Something to have in mind when buying things with the coins.

Ruruja

Groupees coins are sneaky. Went to buy a $2 bundle with my $3 groupees coins; because it was a "$3 coin", I don't get change, so it cost me the whole coin to get the $2 bundle. And of course, Groupees almost never does $3 bundles, they do $1-2 bundles, and then they do $4+ bundles. So you're either going to lose some value on the coin, or you're going to have to pay them the balance. Sneaky sneaky.

How do they work? I have 0 coins, do you get them from buying bundles? Do they not retroactively award them?

Caerith

I guess it wouldn't be a very interesting game, but it would be nice to have the option to just keep doing what you're doing, working for your masters, and maybe finding and reporting possible rebels.

Also, I'm pretty sure they mean "dystopian." Because a Utopian society would be perfect, and why would you want to disrupt everyone's perfect lives?

I noticed that too, but figured maybe the player character is just a troll.

Good to know. I have the same coin as well, and I haven't seen a $3 bundle in a long time.

BHK3

Banned
Is anyone here interested in Fortnite? I have a super secret key to the super secret alpha test going on and I have one left, just send me a PM saying why you want it and I'll see who has the more convincing story.

Do people actually buy these kinds of DLC?
:csdmeh:

We need to fund Season 2 somehow
tumblr_m4kbizN4HA1qcor6q.png

is there a mod where I can play the pc version?

Benedict

Water is warm. Point, Click, it's all in the mind.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call -- MB-3BD2D00D1D40CAB4 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Knurek

94% of reported monitors are 1080p and lower.

It will be interesting to compare this sample with data from 2016.

I don't think it will change much.
GPU are not improving at a pace to outdo game requirements.
Most of PC gamers are not even able to hit 1080p60 in many of new releases, why would they go with 1440p or 4k monitor?
I know this forum is skewed with higher representation of top tier of GPUs, but honestly, anything above 760 or equivalent in a PC is a luxury most of the world can't afford.

Salsa

Rocket league is updating in steam

462 mb

its this:

Patch Notes

Rocket League Patch Notes v1.03
Released: July 31, 2015 | 186 MB

THE HEADLINES
“Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Stat tracking for online games is now properly recorded for its correlating Garage items
AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
The first player to abandon a “Ranked’ match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
(PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
(Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
Fixed multiple crash scenarios

Complete list below…

NEW FEATURES

Gameplay
“Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
Content
Topper: “Cherry Top” now includes a working, rotating light
Topper: “Propellerhead” now includes a working, rotating blade
Online Play
AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
The first player to abandon a “Ranked” match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
UI/ UX
(Steam) Added “Mouse Sensitivity” setting to the “Options” menu
(Steam) Added support for more resolutions

CHANGES AND UPDATES

Training
“Freeplay” now grants truly unlimited “Rocket Boost”
UI/ UX
Stats: Player’s “Win/ Loss Ratio” is now displayed as a “Win %

BUG FIXES

General
(PS4) Sweet Tooth now properly unlocks when completing a game with all 10 of the other Battle-Cars
(PS4) Multiple visual optimizations
Reduced, but did not eliminate, instances of the “Invisible Car” bug
Fixed multiple crash scenarios
Garage Items
Antennas
Country Flags: Congo is now appropriately-named
Country Flags: Mexico is no longer reversed
Country Flags: Northern Ireland is now correct
Country Flags: United States now shows all 50 stars
Trophies and Achievements
(Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
(PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
UI/ UX
Stat tracking for online games is now properly reflected for their correlating Garage items
Blog and Scrolling Ticker now work as intended and will not errantly show “Offline” messages
“PsyNet” icons for cross-platform players will now display properly
Main Menu Player Avatars will no longer disappear between matches
Player names are now displayed correctly during “Replays”
Localization
French, German, Italian, and Spanish-language corrections and improvements

propeller hat now moves WOOOOOO

nerd-hat.gif

The final countdown

The Ship Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too

header.jpg

t1438369200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Spirited
3 - Chariot
4 - The Red Wizard
5 - Maniac
6 - freshVeggie
7 - ExoSoul
8 - JustLynx
9 - Miguel81
10 - Madridista

Mumble server thanks to Spirited ( quote to view )

I am terribly sorry to let you all down people but unforeseen technical difficulties likely mean I won't be able to join you all today. My DVD drive just suddenly died and after updating my graphics drivers from Geforce experience I only get video signal over my DSub from motherboard. I can't boot into Windows at all. Getting stuck at load screen.
As you can understand I have my hands full for the rest of the day :/

Have fun y'all! Wish I could join.

Salsa

Crossy Road on W10 for me has this issue where the audio goes fucking nuts and it's just BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ rather than game audio

only "app" I installed cause mobile goty

Khronico

Huh.

It's weird. Every time I start up a new run of Dark Souls I burn out on it about halfway through and have no incentive to continue.

I remember absolutely loving my first playthrough of the game but every run after wasn't nearly as fun for me (tbh I only did one complete run). I think I enjoyed the constant discovery of new things (both gameplay-wise and lore-wise) and there just isn't anything left for me to find that I don't already know about. I basically have a complete mental map of the entire game and there's no surprises left.

It kinda sucks because I love the game but don't find enjoyment in it anymore.

Now time to wait for DS2 SOTFS to have a sub $20 sale -_-

Huh.

It's weird. Every time I start up a new run of Dark Souls I burn out on it about halfway through and have no incentive to continue.

I remember absolutely loving my first playthrough of the game but every run after wasn't nearly as fun for me (tbh I only did one complete run). I think I enjoyed the constant discovery of new things (both gameplay-wise and lore-wise) and there just isn't anything left for me to find that I don't already know about. I basically have a complete mental map of the entire game and there's no surprises left.

It kinda sucks because I love the game but don't find enjoyment in it anymore.

Now time to wait for DS2 SOTFS to have a sub $20 sale -_-
It's a sign, play Ys: Oath in Felghana :D

Bombernauts currently in Early Access up for purchase. Limited time price $8.99 or 4-pack for $17.99. And if you're buying the single game, it gifts you a free copy for a friend. Very tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom