• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Way of the Samurai 4 finally works now that I've updated PhysX (with the newest driver update) Thank the heavens!

I was previously getting some PhysX-related CTD when starting it, which was a huge bummer.
Isn't Ep. 2 supposed to be a separate game?
Yeah, probably. I was hoping that it was some compatibility thing between episodes, though.
I really don't know if I want this.
I'll need someone else to review and tell me if the gameplay is better or not.
I don't care about all the other fluff.

Definitely. If it's just a reskin, I dunno that it will be worth it. OWH already has a lot going for it on its own.

Wait and see, for me.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Ys I last night after dying to the last boss probably 30+ times.

Holy cow that last boss is insanely hard compared to everything else in the game. It puts the real meaning to the "old school hard" definition of last bosses. The dude moves super fast compared to every other enemy, the fireballs he chucks every 0.5s are all lock on to your current location. Even if they miss they explode into little bits that fly in all directions and will probably hit you. You cannot run from his attacks or duck in and out. And when you do manage a hit the ground under where you hit the boss disappears. So you can never stand still and are constantly under assault.

The feeling when you beat that boss is definitely some Dark Souls shit. So amazing, you feel invincible. Now on to Ys II which hopefully is a bit more even in terms of difficulty!

Nzyme32

Doom was great up till this latest Vulkan update and me getting up to the 5th level.

Now the framerates are high and butter smooth at almost completely Ultra, and I have the fun weapon mods and enemies to deal with, along with some great music.

So much fun!

BHK3

Banned
Prime Day: Civ IV Complete 0€ when using code GRATISSPIEL It's Amazon.de but might be the same in other countries.

you need a amazon.de account no?

Wichtige Mitteilung über den Artikel, den Sie kaufen möchten

Uns ist aufgefallen, das Sie von Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika aus einkaufen. Dieser Artikel ist aufgrund von geographischen Beschränkungen nicht zum Kauf erhältlich. Sie kaufen nicht von Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika aus ein? Ländereinstellung ändern

Important message about the item you want to buy

We noticed that you're shopping from United States of America. This item is not available for sale due to geographical limitations . You do not buy from United States of America from a ? change locale

the dream is dead

yuraya

Replaying Mass Effect and yea the game is still such a masterpiece. To think it released 9 years ago is very mindblowing. Its so ambitious and so well made. Can't wait to replay 2 and 3 as well.

And of course the big one next year....

tumblr_o8ogzphAPn1qaqcmmo1_500.gif

Really hope Bioware delivers. Frostbite is gonna make it look so good. Can't wait!

Vibranium

Banned
Too bad the combat in ME1 was terrible. Easily the best story of the three games.

I just played through it and I honestly didn't find the combat that bad. It's just me though, I totally can see where it is not fluid or satisfying to many people.

Great story for sure. A shame Ashley was an awful unlikable racist (killed her as soon as I got the chance). Kaiden may be bland but at least he respects everyone and isn't a Bible thumper. Hopefully Andromeda has better humans.

Grief.exe

Really hope Bioware delivers. Frostbite is gonna make it look so good. Can't wait!

It's been a long time since Bioware released a good game, combine that with all of the talent attrition and targeting a broader demographic.

I'm skeptical.

Too bad the combat in ME1 was terrible. Easily the best story of the three games.

ME1 was all potential. Chance for a very Interesting story in a new universe, nice first stab at real time combat, and had some interesting stat/equipment choices that I enjoyed min/maxing at the hardest difficulties.

ME2 really drove the overarching story off the rails, sacrificed the stat mechanics in favor of a wider demographic, but increased the quality of the combat.

I doubt I'll ever play ME3.

Speevy

Banned
I swear Bundlestars is just fucking with me.

I've tried clearing my cache, changing browsers, using this on an iPad. I even tried it at my mother's house. Same thing.

I just played through it and I honestly didn't find the combat that bad. It's just me though, I totally can see where it is not fluid or satisfying to many people.

Great story for sure. A shame Ashley was an awful unlikable racist (killed her as soon as I got the chance). Kaiden may be bland but at least he respects everyone and isn't a Bible thumper. Hopefully Andromeda has better humans.

I was okay with the ME1 combat too. In fact I thought the ME2 combat was worse because I'm not a fan of cover shooting.

And I also killed Ashley, but only because my Femshep wanted to bang Kaiden.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Ashley has a character arc at least. Kaiden is forever a piece of cardboard.

I played through all 3 last year and maybe I had been nostalgic in the past, but ME1's shooting is terrible. It does have by far the best story but there's still plenty to like in the other two story wise, even 3 for all the faults in the ending.

I'm hankering for another run atm, full femshep in time for Andromeda.

yuraya

You should. Its not better than 1 or 2 but its still a fun game. Has some good shooting and some really good visual skybox areas. Some of the characters also get good story angles. Only the last few hours of the game is kinda awful. I enjoyed everything else leading up to the end. I've heard it has some good dlc too but I never coughed up for the bioware bucks to find out.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah definitely. Out of all the older games I (re)played recently I feel like Deus Ex is the one that's aged best. Also the VA is too good.
deus ex is somehow a very clear product of its time but it's also somehow really timeless, the freedom that game grants you and the spaces it gives you to use that freedom are something that stays relevant even today

hell, it's probably even more relevant given how much of that freedom has been taken away from players over the generations

I always have it in the back of my head, just have never gotten around to it. Probably play it sometime after Mankind Divided
that'd be cool, would be interesting to hear the impressions of someone that met the series through the new games

Diancecht

Have this one lying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diancecht, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Fallout 4 -- MB-3F3B89362E94D350 - Taken by Berto. 107 entrants total.

t1468374456z1.png

sadblob

ME1 was all potential. Chance for a very Interesting story in a new universe, nice first stab at real time combat, and had some interesting stat/equipment choices that I enjoyed min/maxing at the hardest difficulties.

ME2 really drove the overarching story off the rails, sacrificed the stat mechanics in favor of a wider demographic, but increased the quality of the combat.

You should give it a chance, it's very enjoyable despite the ending.

iosefe

devolpment of a Just Cause 3 Multiplayer Mod from the same team that did the JC2 mod, has been cancelled

becasue the lead dev was hired by Avalanche to work on future games

what a lovely turn of events

I had some extra money for once so I bought a GTX 1070. Going up from a R9 270. It will be quite a jump.

It hurts though, I never paid that much for a card. Usually it's like the mainstream cards. At least it will last me a good while.

Haven't been playing much just Blazblue.

Humble finally got back to me - given I got no word after 5pm, I thought I'd get word tomorrow, but nope, got it damn near midnight - and even though the anonymous benefactor had to reveal him(or her)self, I got the Steam key and Pony Island is installing now. I haven't heard too much about the game beyond "it's a mindfuck and possibly Frog Fractions 2," but I'll give it a go tomorrow and post impressions when I'm far enough along.

Anteater

I just changed it yesterday after hearing the battle themes again. It's my favorite JRPG alongside FFIX.

CRIMINALLY UNDERAPPRECIATED. They don't make JRPGs like Lost Odyssey anymore.

I'd lose my mind for a PC release. Would solve a few significant issues with game (slow-ass battle transitions).

we'll never get a steam release

best we get is phil spencer saying "Good idea!" on his freaking twitter.

sadblob

Yep! But you'll get there, just keep unlocking the guns and passives. Also never waste a key on a brown chest.

Yeah, slowly but surely I'm gettin better and making progress. Just freed the girl and the robot so I can buy new guns now, I assume the old man sells passives, but didn't find a key to release him.

On the other hand, I should be studying...

Yeah, slowly but surely I'm gettin better and making progress. Just freed the girl and the robot so I can buy new guns now, I assume the old man sells passives, but didn't find a key to release him.

On the other hand, I should be studying...

Actually the girl and the robot run the main shop that sells both passives and guns. Not sure which old man you're referring to, did he look like a blue bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom