• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

Wasnt the partner ai in dr1 reallu dumb? I didnt have major issues with dr2 allies but rea dit was prevelent in dr1
DR1 survivors had to be 100% coddled every step of the way. They were dumb but it added to the challenge of the game. The DR2 survivors could catch up to you from farther away and seemed more self-sufficient against zombies. I'm sure there's some nostalgia goggles going on here for me but I thought the DR2 survivors were a little *too* capable. Took away from the challenge of the game when you could just hand em a bat and know they would be fine.

Ludens

Banned
Well that explains that then, thanks. I had a brief look and couldn't see a solution. Regardless, I was intending to start over anyway and the game was so much fun that I'm sure it won't matter having to get through the game to where I was

If you are on Nvidia, some people solved the issue by installing an old version of the drivers, you can try that, but I can't remember what version was.

Knurek

You wouldn't want to play the Apollo Justice games.

I played and enjoyed the first one.
They are not great. But not as bad as people tend to paint them.
And given that they are stuck on a dying platform, I'd be great to see them ported, Athena and all.

Tizoc

DR1 survivors had to be 100% coddled every step of the way. They were dumb but it added to the challenge of the game. The DR2 survivors could catch up to you from farther away and seemed more self-sufficient against zombies. I'm sure there's some nostalgia goggles going on here for me but I thought the DR2 survivors were a little *too* capable. Took away from the challenge of the game when you could just hand em a bat and know they would be fine.
Insee thanks for the info
Id like a middle ground there but if using mods the survivors can have similar ai to dr2 id like that
Mainly because i dislike dumb ai and i dont want to look after 'capable' ai partners while im busy pilfering underwear from the shops ;p

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I actually played DR2 and DR2OtR for the first time recently. I'd say one of the major differences is that OtR's survivors are a lot more vulnerable than vanilla DR2s. I think once you get a certain distance from them, they can't break free of a grapple and they seem to have less health in general. It added more tension to spots, but I'd also say it could be pretty aggravating since it seemed like one person would always lag behind and slow the whole group down. Not to mention how fiddly it could be to get specific people into wheelchairs.

Oreoleo

I actually played DR2 and DR2OtR for the first time recently. I'd say one of the major differences is that OtR's survivors are a lot more vulnerable than vanilla DR2s. I think once you get a certain distance from them, they can't break free of a grapple and they seem to have less health in general. It added more tension to spots, but I'd also say it could be pretty aggravating since it seemed like one person would always lag behind and slow the whole group down. Not to mention how fiddly it could be to get specific people into wheelchairs.

Very interesting, I haven't played OtR but less HP on the survivors sounds like a great balance to me. I thought vanilla DR2 was far too forgiving in that regard; even if a survivor got pinned down they'd only lose a sliver of health versus DR1 where a single attack they'd lose like a quarter of their HP.

mp1990

Banned
I played and enjoyed the first one.
They are not great. But not as bad as people tend to paint them.
And given that they are stuck on a dying platform, I'd be great to see them ported, Athena and all.

Eh, AA4 is somewhat enjoyable, it has its moments, and in similar fashion to most Takumi's works, the cast oozes charm (Trucy, along with Franziska and Godot, is one of my favorites characters in the series), but the game is pestered with so many problems, some of those being HUGE plot holes, which in a story driven game can be fatal, that I can't wholeheartedly recommend it. It's from AA5 onwards that my problems with the series start to show.

But you are correct, if anything they should port them for preservation's sake.

Wok

Seeing as most of u have a closed society mentality here is the i am setsuna review thread
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1248708

The game looks quite stronger than I thought:

r7MIGBS.png

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm i wonder if i should buy lost planet 1 and 2 off gmg

i kind of love the idea of that series and liked 3 a lot despite itself

zkylon

zkylewd
Lost Planet 2 still has GFWL, I hear its a fun game but you'll have to deal with that caveat.
ahh alright

darkest dungeon for $7 is a good deal too rite

i'm kind of curious about that game, i'm not a huge fan of roguelikes but it seems to have like an xcom base building progression aspect to it that might be up my alley

Hektor

ahh alright

darkest dungeon for $7 is a good deal too rite

i'm kind of curious about that game, i'm not a huge fan of roguelikes but it seems to have like an xcom base building progression aspect to it that might be up my alley

I had a lot of fun with it early on but it became to samey and grindy for me overall.

Although keep in mind that the amount of grinding you do depends on how bad you are and I wasn't very good.

The basebuilding isn't anything like in xcom, it's just buildings you can upgrade.

I'd recommend it still, you don't need to finish it on order to enjoy it for 20 or so hours.

kagamin

I'll have to try Stranger of Sword City eventually... I always feel so intimidated when staring a new DRPG, so many classes and portraits to choose from, difficult decisions all around. Only DRPGs I felt comfortable starting up recently (like within a year) were Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, one is a series I'm already familiar with and the other is fairly straightforward and not too hardcore unlike the former.

Monooboe

In INSIDE, some of the secrets are damn impossible to find even when knowing about where they are.o_O Only two left, so close!

EDIT: Of course seconds after I wrote that I found the last two.XD

derExperte

Seeing as most of u have a closed society mentality here is the i am setsuna review thread
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1248708

Since it's a JRPG I'll go ahead and trust the two 50% reviews to be representative of my personal feelings. Game wasn't on my list anyway but you never know. Might buy EDFEDFEDFEDF or just wait for Obduction. Or watch some more Rimworld videos cause that seems more interesting than playing it myself.

Arthea

Since it's a JRPG I'll go ahead and trust the two 50% reviews to be representative of my personal feelings. Game wasn't on my list anyway but you never know. Might buy EDFEDFEDFEDF or just wait for Obduction.

that hardly makes any sense, considering we knew all along that Setsuna is Chrono Triggeresque game, giving it a low score for unoriginality? that's just sad.
I also can't understand why would you take into account "troll reviews" (every game has such), when you have no interest in the game to begin with, but that's just me.

Monooboe

There is a consistent hint in the environment. I just used a guide to skip to the chapters they were in.

Ah yeah, had hard time finding the one
in the field as it doesn't have those yellow wires.

About the last secret in INSIDE,
The switch in the field, where one plays tree different sounds, is there somewhere in the game one can learn the right combination?

Arthea

KT HB today, believe!

They don't read like trolls at all and the low scores stem more from repetitive- and drabness. Something the Chrono series isn't know for but I guess name-dropping is enough these day to get thirsty JRPG-fans excited.

excuse me for being excited for the game reminiscent to legendary one we had only two decades ago!

edited: don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's the best game ever, no, but I can recognize a troll review when I see one.

derExperte

that hardly makes any sense, considering we knew all along that Setsuna is Chrono Triggeresque game, giving it a low score for unoriginality? that's just sad.
I also can't understand why would you take into account "troll reviews" (every game has such), when you have no interest in the game to begin with, but that's just me.

They don't read like trolls at all and the low scores stem more from repetitive- and drabness. Something the Chrono series isn't know for but I guess a bit of name-dropping is enough to get thirsty JRPG-fans excited these days.

Xater

They don't read like trolls at all and the low scores stem more from repetitive- and drabness. Something the Chrono series isn't know for but I guess name-dropping is enough these day to get thirsty JRPG-fans excited.

That's all they have going these days considering the games that get released.

gelf

Eh, AA4 is somewhat enjoyable, it has its moments, and in similar fashion to most Takumi's works, the cast oozes charm (Trucy, along with Franziska and Godot, is one of my favorites characters in the series), but the game is pestered with so many problems, some of those being HUGE plot holes, which in a story driven game can be fatal, that I can't wholeheartedly recommend it. It's from AA5 onwards that my problems with the series start to show.

But you are correct, if anything they should port them for preservation's sake.

I enjoyed AA4. Really though in the entire series I just love investigating crime scenes, finding contradictions and talking to weird ass characters so much it barely matters if I'm able to completely follow the overarching plot.

It would be great if AA ports came out and did so well that it would be dumb for Capcom not to port all of them across.

Roarer

About the last secret in INSIDE,
The switch in the field, where one plays tree different sounds, is there somewhere in the game one can learn the right combination?

Yes.
In the first third of the game. There is an object on a table that plays sounds. Staying vague here, but google is your friend if you need specifics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom