• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

You're supposed to dick punch monsters into oblivion in conjunction with shooting them. Later half, you get more ammo than you can carry. I miss the old inventory where you could store shit between chapters. I miss the old weapon system. I miss old Ada's not-Glenn Close face.

oh yeah i was doing that, but i think i shot a bunch of mutated stuff before I ended the last chapter, I got a bunch of ammos though from crates just now, it's all good

Also equip the skills for more ammo depending on which ammo you want. For Chris stick with his machine gun ammo.

I'll look into that, game keeps giving me skill points instead of ammos!

Dr Dogg

Well I finally have Blacklist. Splinter Cell introduced me to stealth games, I still consider Chaos Theory the best in the genre along with Hitman Blood Money and Mark of the Ninja, and I've enjoyed every SC game (even Conviction)

Very eager to play since I've heard Blacklist is a return to form for the series after Conviction's missteps. Those who have played, how does it rank next to Chaos Theory?

Well if you need a cure for insomnia here's what I wrote about a page back.

Overall though I like Chaos Theory more but Blacklist is right up there. It take all the good things from Conviction and improves upon them by adding in mechanics from the series past. It offers some flexibility in the map layouts in places and the different playsytles and gadget selection. I did enjoy the story this time also and felt much more like I'd expect from a spy game than the plots of Double Agent and Conviction. Co-op is a blast too and improves upon the co-op and Deniable Ops DLC from Conviction.

What comes in the deluxe edition of Blacklist?

Both the DLC packs which add a few more suits, weapons and the preorder side op maps. As well as that it adds some unique weapons, a unique suit and goggle colour to pimp Sam out in. Should give more detail on the store page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What comes in the deluxe edition of Blacklist?

Quite a lot of fluff:

The High Power DLC Pack:
AC S12 Shotgun
GC36C Assault Rifle
MP5-10 SMG
PP-19 Black Market SMG
USP45 Hand Gun

The Homeland DLC Pack:
Single-player and multiplayer co-op missions: Dead Coast and Billionaire’s Yacht.
Tactical Crossbow with Sleeping Gas Bolts
Upper Echelon Suit, 4E Eclipse Suit for the single-player storyline
Gold, Amber & White Sonar Goggles
Exclusive Mercs & Spy Skin
And more!

Bonus suits, weapons, and gear:
Four powerful weapons for any play style: VSS Sniper Rifle, M1014 Shotgun, 416 Assault Rifle, and F40 Pistol.
Three enhanced combat suits: Elite Digital Ghillie Suit, Spy Suit, and Mercenary Suit for Spies vs. Mercs.
Three armor accessories: Ghost Boots, Armored Boots, and Tactical Gloves.

It's all the pre-order stuff, basically.

Hey peeps, I need some help.

Can someone explain to me how I can limit Skyrim to 60 or 119 fps (I don't know what I am supposed to do in nVidia inspector)? It's crapping itself when it goes at 120+ and there's weird physics glitches all over the place, like chicken flying and free-falling, etc.

Finally installed CS GO and played it for a couple hours. Just played the classic deathmatch maps. Not really sure what the hell that game is. It's odd seeing a game like that that doesn't appear to have any progression of any sort. Guess it's based on a time before I started playing FPS.

Probably gonna play it a bit more to see what the "drops" are all about.

Dr Dogg

Hey peeps, I need some help.

Can someone explain to me how I can limit Skyrim to 60 or 119 fps (I don't know what I am supposed to do in nVidia inspector)? It's crapping itself when it goes at 120+ and there's weird physics glitches all over the place, like chicken flying and free-falling, etc.

You can do it in Inspector but that has been a bit of a mixed bag for me lately regards to feeling judder. I'd say use Riva Tuner Statistics Sever which comes with either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precession. Once both programs are installed open up RTSS and click the big plus icon (it's very hard to miss) and add the Skyrim exe. From there on the right will be an option for framerate. Pop in something like 62 (I wouldn't uses 60 on a 60 or 120hz monitor unless you're done of static tear lines when that happens) minimise it down and start up the program and bob's your uncle.

Another program I hear good feedback from in framerate capping is Dxotry which is used normally as capture software but has a framerate limiter and for those I know with high refresh rate monitors who use it say it's faultless.

Miker

Is Unreal 2k4 from GoG compatible with the Steam version? No fundamental differences, as all versions (Steamworks, physical disc, etc) can connect to the same servers right?

I'm pretty sure, yeah. I have the GOG version and I haven't really taken it online much (it's kind of desolate/heavily modded), but I don't see why any versions of it would be different.

Finally installed CS GO and played it for a couple hours. Just played the classic deathmatch maps. Not really sure what the hell that game is. It's odd seeing a game like that that doesn't appear to have any progression of any sort. Guess it's based on a time before I started playing FPS.

tumblr_m1fjf7aZjd1ql4h20o1_500.gif

Hey Ingueferroque, thanks for Broken Sword 2! I loved the first one and have heard good things about this one but never got around to it.

Also, take a look at this used theatrical makeup. And what do you suppose this is for? ...No, actually, it's for lifting drain covers.

You can do it in Inspector but that has been a bit of a mixed bag for me lately regards to feeling judder. I'd say use Riva Tuner Statistics Sever which comes with either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precession. Once both programs are installed open up RTSS and click the big plus icon (it's very hard to miss) and add the Skyrim exe. From there on the right will be an option for framerate. Pop in something like 62 (I wouldn't uses 60 on a 60 or 120hz monitor unless you're done of static tear lines when that happens) minimise it down and start up the program and bob's your uncle.

Another program I hear good feedback from in framerate capping is Dxotry which is used normally as capture software but has a framerate limiter and for those I know with high refresh rate monitors who use it say it's faultless.

Thanks.

I tried RTSS but no dice, chicken are still flying.

I'll use Dxotry later.

Won Alien Zombie Megadeath from a generous Gaffer here and was so surprised by what a cool old school experience it is that I was compelled to seek out the bundle it's in (which is here but ending in a few hours), so now I have an extra copy to give away. The screenshots don't look all that good, but don't judge a book by its cover on this one!

I accidentally tried to redeem Galcon Fusion, only to be informed I already have it. I was still able to create a gift link though, so it should still work. If it doesn't, I apologize.

The last key is for COH2 multiplayer access. I honestly have no idea how that works, if it still works, or if you need the base game. I'm giving it away anyway, in the hopes that someone will know more and can use it.

Thanks a lot for Galcon. It worked perfectly :)

Grief.exe

My playfire account still never moves my credit to gmg. I have to always send support a message and wait a week. So dumb.

People in the past have gotten results by purchasing the EVE online free trial from GMG.

Oh boy.

Sajjaja

r u 4 reel?

Real CSGO is competitive mode.

Tizoc

My GMG account randomly updates with my new credit in my case. I'd do the EVE online trick, it wouldn't work then hours later or the next day, boom GMG Credit updated.

Gonna put a few more hours into Marlow Briggs before jumping into League of Legends.

Once I'm done with Marlow Briggs I'll play Hard Reset.

r u 4 reel?

Real CSGO is competitive mode.

TD and Arms Race are actually good to get the feel of the weapons. Or Casual with bots (and then real people) to also get the feel for maps and the mode itself.

You don't want him to dive into competitive immediately don't you :p

Garcia

Well, after 4 tries I was finally able to keep a stable economy in Tropico for longer than 60 years. I think I'm about to reach the limit of possible expansions.

Keeping the people happy is quite a challenge. You always have to track the least happy citizens and adjust the salaries accordingly; if people demand health care, you better hurry and hire some immigrants to fill any missing spots at clinics or hospitals. If there's an increasing rate of unhappiness you have to either emit some edicts or do some detailed analysis of your population needs.

Very challenging and enjoyable game. I'm getting ready to move to Tropico 2, but I think I'll do another couple of runs for this one.

JakeD

amazon has the metro redux bundle for $24.99 which is a good price for anyone who only owns one (or neither) of the metro games

edit: i would actually hold off on buying this. the only actual thing that suggests its both games is the art. definitely is a pricing mistake and you might end up with a customer service fiasco if this ends up being only one of the games

Trejik

Shadowrun Returns is 4 bucks on Humble. Should I get?

Also the Splinter Cell thing. I'd only buy for the MP, but have no friends on PC. Is this the thread for that? Between being a Junior and shy, I mostly lurk in solitude.

Copons

watch Italy make England look silly again, so here goes.

giggity

but no seriously, you guys will beat the crap out of us

also, while I usually don't give a shit about football, this time I REALLY give -infinite shit about the WC, to the point I feel quite embarassed, so we could have the best team ever and I wouldn't know at all :D
I just hope we kick Uruguay out of the competition, so Salsa will be more serious with the Steam Sale threads.

Copons

I've just noticed that Humble Store isn't showing platform/OS icons anymore, like when you mouse over a game.
Is this just me or something happened? :|

EDIT
example:
zC5xHS0.png

EDIT #2

Apparently those icons are still there in the code of the page, but the SVG file of the icons is broken. :(

Sajjaja

TD and Arms Race are actually good to get the feel of the weapons. Or Casual with bots (and then real people) to also get the feel for maps and the mode itself.

You don't want him to dive into competitive immediately don't you :p

Absolutely dive into competitive immediately. You don't get ranked until you get 10 wins. It's intimidating at first, but coming from a newbie like myself, I think it's the best way to learn the game the way it was meant to be played, as a team and tactically. Sure you can learn the recoils of each gun briefly in those modes, but it's chaotic and you don't learn them well enough to use them effectively.

Momentary

Banned
I wish Activision would have included the other two Transformers for free as a pre-order incentive for their new one... or at least have it in a bundle with a deep discount.

Then I laughed myself for thinking that they would ever do something like that.

I've just noticed that Humble Store isn't showing platform/OS icons anymore, like when you mouse over a game.
Is this just me or something happened? :|

EDIT
example:
zC5xHS0.png

EDIT #2

Apparently those icons are still there in the code of the page, but the SVG file of the icons is broken. :(

I'm on Chrome and the icons are there.

Lomax

My GMG account randomly updates with my new credit in my case. I'd do the EVE online trick, it wouldn't work then hours later or the next day, boom GMG Credit updated.

Gonna put a few more hours into Marlow Briggs before jumping into League of Legends.

Once I'm done with Marlow Briggs I'll play Hard Reset.

Purchasing definitely doesn't update credit any more. Right now my account is updating rewards every aother day and credit every other day opposite that. So it takes 72 hours or more total, but it's been pretty reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom