• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust

Most cards will plummet in value 11 days from now. No point in buying cards now unless it's to complete a badge for 15 cents so you can craft the badge during the sale for a few cents profit.
Uh, in my experience card prices go up during sales because people will actually have a reason to craft them.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Terrian Saga: KR-17 -- MB-32CA906F5C560AF6 - Taken by Cyldman

take it

Calling it now, it won't. Last update on their Twitter page was June 2014 and I can't find any recent announcements.

This was May 1st, this year in a kickstarter update
Stuff is looking good. But there is still a lot to do. We regularly get questions about our timeline, and the estimate that we posted two months ago still holds. That means: Closed beta by the end of Spring. Full public release by the end of Summer.

Cheers!

Anteater

before i go to sleep

ncnfygumic11.gif

deejay

Superhot in June ? Wait, what ? The beta maybe, but definitely not the full game.

"That means: Closed beta by the end of Spring. Full public release by the end of Summer."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i love how u use the friendslist as an excuse to collect more things

i know for a fact you don't talk to 9/10th out of your friendslist lol

I've deleted some people here and there (e.g. those who added me solely to trade or beg for games). But, yeah, I generally don't, even if I've never talked to them.

derExperte

Uh, in my experience card prices go up during sales because people will actually have a reason to craft them.

Not by a lot and there's one new problem: If you buy cards to craft a badge you can't immediately sell the special sale card you'll get because it'll be market-restricted. And since those expire at the end of the sale....

They actually updated at the start of the month: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/375798653/superhot/posts/1217582

They want to release the final game by the end of the Summer.

So not June. And they aren't doing a good job drumming up interest, most have forgotten about the game and only updating the KS page isn't enough.

Nabs

So not June. And they aren't doing a good job drumming up interest, most have forgotten about the game and only updating the KS page isn't enough.

They did release the great SUPERQOT for April 1st, but I think people thought it was a joke rather than amazing mod. It got no traction here.

zkylon

zkylewd
Home in time for the new thread. Finally mastered the art of murder and gangbang.

feel like I can sell anyone, anything after this seminar.

gross

I've deleted some people here and there (e.g. those who added me solely to trade or beg for games). But, yeah, I generally don't, even if I've never talked to them.
so are you saying all i have to do for you to delete me from your friends is beg you for games <3

dex3108

Next week cold be interesting. XCOM reveal according to that Advent web page and Rise of Tomb Raider gameplay trailer are coming tomorrow. Who knows what else we will get :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not by a lot and there's one new problem: If you now buy cards to craft a badge you can't sell the specific sale card you get because it'll be market-restricted.

I've been wondering about that. Either there won't be trade/market restrictions on sale cards, which would allow Valve to set the cards to expire soon after the sale ends, as per usual, or said restrictions will be in place but the cards will expire a week from the end of the sale to account for those earned at the last minute.

GaussTek

Yay, June <3 One of my favorite months of the year. Tons of videogame news/launches, E3, Steam Summer Sale, Jurassic World, more football (soccer) events... sogood.gif

Lomax

If the sale really is the 11th, we should see event cards in the next couple of days. Wonder if they'll make any more of an attempt than they did over winter to make them relevant, or if we'll see another auction. Might be a good gamble to stockpile some gems.

rtcn63

It should bother me that I wasn't born with the aesthetics to mirror that of my fictional childhood heroes, even with the proper lighting and makeup. But hey, at least in lieu I've developed a somewhat compelling personali- I'm going to end up like Milamber.

iosefe

If the sale really is the 11th, we should see event cards in the next couple of days. Wonder if they'll make any more of an attempt than they did over winter to make them relevant, or if we'll see another auction. Might be a good gamble to stockpile some gems.

i don't know how i feel about another auction

i was interesting to say the least

ExoSoul

Banned
also nice cosplay, while we are at it:
complete with the "hella"

Damn...

Someone made a post in the other thread regarding PS Eye's drivers but I can't find it, did anyone save it?

(Also, is it only the mic or does the cam work as well?)

June is the month where I idle 400 games worth of cards and sell turd anime foils to make buckets of cash. #americandream #sharktank #livinlavidaloca

You should have started a week ago. That shit takes time, man. Took me a good week-and-a-half of idling just to get all my drops.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Welcome to the steam sale month, folks

Oh shit, that's right, summer sale this month. I really don't need any new games, I don't have time to play the ones I want to play now!

Better figure out what I can afford to spend...

gabbo

Oh shit, that's right, summer sale this month. I really don't need any new games, I don't have time to play the ones I want to play now!

Better figure out what I can afford to spend...

everything
edit: Gonna need to fie up Idle Master post haste

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't know you played FF14 jshackles, or was that just a random thing you picked to flesh out OP?

I played through my initial 30 days of time when I bought the game on Amazon for $12 in late 2013 / early 2014. I really like what I played, but I just couldn't justify continuing to pay the monthly fee when there are so many other good games (even Final Fantasy ones) that I could play without paying extra every month. Every few months I think to myself "I should really jump back into FF XIV" but then I don't. I imagine it's changed quite a bit in the last 18 months.

I got up to having a level 30 Gladiator / Paladin, but I was starting to see the big grind from there on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom