• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Isn't it crazy that I can upload many many screenshots for a non-steam game and can see them in my account online but Steam can't or won't track the time for said non-steam game?

Finally, the E3 video we've all been waiting for. CrowbCat gives me strength.
I don't get what's so funny about these. Last one I saw was the Minecon one where he just put together clips of kids being kids like, what's so funny about that?

Also suprised at how many people are shocked that he'd use racist /pol/ jokes.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't get what's so funny about these. Last one I saw was the Minecon one where he just put together clips of kids being kids like, what's so funny about that?

Also suprised at how many people are shocked that he'd use racist /pol/ jokes.

He's basically crowdsourced internet jokes at this point, and each video he makes is worse than the last. Keeps pandering to the same crowd over and over and getting more and more bloated. Half that video should have been cut.

The Devolver conference made most of his points in a far funnier and grander fashion.

The Topware developer, PR person or whatever his job is, trying to defend microtransactions being added and console being removed, in a six year old game, is one the best things I've seen on the internet in a long time.

wIEdsIi.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/7520/discussions/0/2333276539596165497/?ctp=3

The Topware developer, PR person or whatever his job is, trying to defend microtransactions being added and console being removed, in a six year old game, is one the best things I've seen on the internet in a long time.

wIEdsIi.png

Wait why would they add microtransactions now...on an old, dead, single player game. I actually played it on release and enjoyed it a bit but this is really random.

C4rter

wIEdsIi.png

Wow that's the definition of a clusterfuck. The guy is a complete asshole, every post is shit.

"Acting like a 10 years old kid will not make you or your company look like the good guys you know? Try at least to defend your choices. "

"Defend? - sure - we added Trading Cards, Achievents and Microtransactions because we have been asked to do it by hundreds of users (please read this forum). And we removed the console, because it is recommended. "

"microtransactions? asked by users?
please show me where instead of making up things"

Wait why would they add microtransactions now...on an old, dead, single player game. I actually played it on release and enjoyed it a bit but this is really random.

Apparently they were asked to add "Achievements" and "Trading Cards" by the community and they had dollar signs in their eyes because of all the requests and their marketing guys said "microtransactions is great for making money off of this".

The strangest thing about this Topware situation is that they've announced a sequel (Two Worlds 3) as well. Why would you poison the well and burn away the goodwill of your potential audience by adding microtransactions on a six year old game? You're not going to make any money at all and instead you'll piss off the very people who might have bought the next game.

Tizoc

The strangest thing about this Topware situation is that they've announced a sequel (Two Worlds 3) as well. Why would you poison the well and burn away the goodwill of your potential audience by adding microtransactions on a six year old game? You're not going to make any money at all and instead you'll piss off the very people who might have bought the next game.

The thing is that microtransactions have been lucrative for the big companies eg EA, etc.
They wanna try and get a piece of that pie. Problem is they're not big enough to be overlooked and that they went about it the wrong way.

What're the microtransactions for anyways?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't see why everyone is so angry. Everyone was asking for a pizza, ice cream, and 40 pound bag of shit party.

What don't you understand: we had to remove the windows and doors from the room because otherwise you wouldn't enjoy the 40 pound bag of shit.

But look, we're open to being convinced to get rid of the pizza and ice cream. But you're going to have to make a really good argument.

The thing is that microtransactions have been lucrative for the big companies eg EA, etc.
They wanna try and get a piece of that pie. Problem is they're not big enough to be overlooked and that they went about it the wrong way.

What're the microtransactions for anyways?

Items you could get by using the console. The problem is they removed the console, not the MTs.

I think most people wouldnt give a shit if they just added MTs, but they added MTs and deactivated the console, that you need for tweeks and even to finish some quests for some users.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Koihime Enbu had a price drop to 19.99€ so it should be easier to pick up on sale now. Wasnt it like 37.99 before or something silly?

Those anime fighters are expensive man

Tizoc

Koihime Enbu had a price drop to 19.99€ so it should be easier to pick up on sale now. Wasnt it like 37.99 before or something silly?

It was released over a year ago, so the price drop a year later is fine.
Just make sure the game has something you like about it, like the gameplay.

Why haven't you gotten Melty Blood yet Rhaky, you ought to get it if it goes for cheaper than Enbu come the Summer Sale

I bought that Blade Arcus game and while not being a bad game, it feels like the most barebone games I ever played...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was released over a year ago, so the price drop a year later is fine.
Just make sure the game has something you like about it, like the gameplay.

Why haven't you gotten Melty Blood yet Rhaky, you ought to get it if it goes for cheaper than Enbu come the Summer Sale

I do own Melty Blood

I bought that Blade Arcus game and while not being a bad game, it feels like the most barebone games I ever played...

A lot of these anime fighters look brebones as shit, why do you think I keep hammering on how expensive they are.

Also, they are usually years late ports, which doesnt help.

madjoki

Removal of the console - was more or less unintentionally or let say, we thought - in case of it makes problems we better remove it. We have been unsure if it could not be misuesed to generate achivements or for something else like manipulating the Steam wallet

I wish console commands would be powerful enough to add free money to steam wallet.

Tizoc

I do own Melty Blood

A lot of these anime fighters look brebones as shit, why do you think I keep hammering on how expensive they are.

Also, they are usually years late ports, which doesnt help.

Coolios~ Check and see if you got Battle Fantasia too, that's been in a bunch of bundles and is an easy fighter to pick up and play.

Rhaknar

Coolios~ Check and see if you got Battle Fantasia too, that's been in a bunch of bundles and is an easy fighter to pick up and play.

yes. I got a lot of fighters last sale. Except the expensive ones. Because fuck those prices.

The one I actually want for realsies tho I never see it on sale, which is Nitroblasterz, hopefully next week. The rest I want mostly for my inner child who loved fighters, because I know deep down I wont actually play them.

fantomena

Housemarques (Resogun, Alienation, Super Stardust etc.) next game Nex Machina comes out tuesday next week on Steam and PS4.

Embargo lifts on monday 5pm BST. Im just gonna say, I dont' care what platform you buy it on, just buy it.

Rhaknar

Assuming they continue to not have flash deals like the last few sales and its just the same discounts throughout, ironically that is actually a good thing for me this year, as I dont get my summer bonus until the end of the month, aka 1 week into the sale (or 6 days into the sale, whatever it is) and I cant really splurge until then.

Not that I intend to splurge much like the last few sales, but still.

C4rter

And they listened to the fucking marketing guys?

I guess so. I just assumed it was the marketing guys who had this great idea.

Removal of the console - was more or less unintentionally or let say, we thought - in case of it makes problems we better remove it. We have been unsure if it could not be misuesed to generate achivements or for something else like manipulating the Steam wallet

Hahahaha, Steam wallet hacks via the Two World II console, that's hilarious.

Ladekabel

Housemarques (Resogun, Alienation, Super Stardust etc.) next game Nex Machina comes out tuesday next week on Steam and PS4.

Embargo lifts on monday 5pm BST. Im just gonna say, I dont' care what platform you buy it on, just buy it.

What if I'm more interested in their other game releasing soon which doesn't come to Steam?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Fucking Skyrim got more marketing these past 2 years than it did back in 2011.

Game will never die. Guaranteed Bethesda will fully remake that shit in 10-15 years

Nah, the games are so iterative there's no point in remaking them when the new ones are basically just a coat of paint anyway.

Knurek

Finished Vanquish, game was decent but don't get all the hype.
I can't imagine how the hell the poor console folk played the game at 720p30 with a pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom