• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kinda want to give ass flag another shot but what i played of it felt really boring

also the promise of more ship stuff isn't super fun to me, i didn't really enjoy that part of ass 3 too much

it was ok, but i wouldn't want to play a game built around it

Ladekabel

I like arcade sports games. Is Kopanito for me?

And what are the chances that Darkest Dungeon will stay the same price during the Steam Sale and why are the recent reviews mixed?

Arthea

.hack trailer:

https://youtu.be/_e9p4DnB2EU

dot-hack-Last-Recode_2017_06-20-17_007.jpg

more screenshots here: http://gematsu.com/gallery/dot-hack-last-recode/june-20-2017/

Tomasety

I was at Valve a couple of years ago when they had a pretty sizable team working on L4D3. My best guess as to what happened to the game, based on what I know about it and about how Valve works, is that it was shelved.

A large part of the development centered around Source2 which then got rolled into the DOTA2 dev team. This was also around the same time Valve started getting heavily invested in VR, the Steam Controller, SteamOS / Steam Machines, and tons of other (software) things. At the time, CS:GO wasn't even really that popular and TF2 was still at the top of the play charts although of course DOTA2 was king. I could be completely wrong (and would love to be proven wrong) but the team that was working on it probably shuffled to other more interesting or profitable areas of the company (or other careers outside of Valve) which left the game mostly abandoned or at least had it's development severely crippled or cut back. I would be very surprised to learn that it hasn't released yet because of issues with direction or testing. Adding VR stuff would be great but again I would wager on the team being much smaller now (if it even exists at all) so Valve Time would be working against them in the most horrible way on that front.

Of course this is all speculation and they could announce the game tomorrow. As others have pointed out, Valve is simply making too much money with it's other endeavors (Steam, CS:GO, DOTA2) to worry about releasing a game that wasn't even service based or likely wouldn't provide Valve with a large amount of residual income beyond user's initial purchases.

What if L4D3·is Valve's VR game? We know Valve is working on a VR game and I know what I said sounded really crazy but, what are the chances that hypothesis could be real?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if L4D3·is Valve's VR game? We know Valve is working on a VR game and I know what I said sounded really crazy but, what are the chances that hypothesis could be real?

The game being shelved while VR matured is definitely a possibility, but I wouldn't think it's VR-centric a la The Lab. Regardless, I expect it to surface at some point as L4D2 still manages a daily peak of several thousand players and a microtransaction system wouldn't be out of place.

Similarly, I also expect Stars of Blood to be revived as Source 2 game once the engine is all there as an "open-galaxy" space pirate game would offer a practically endless canvas for new content and lend itself very well to microtransactions. It could be Valve's answer to Destiny.

Mivey

The game being shelved while VR matured is definitely a possibility, but I wouldn't think it's VR-centric a la The Lab. Regardless, I expect it to surface at some point as L4D2 still manages a daily peak of several thousand players and a microtransaction system wouldn't be out of place.
Nothing evokes as much horror as being asked to pay within a full-priced AAA game, so that's certainly true.

Pachimari

Reading this thread about old LotR games really made me reminisce about Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It was such an awesome game and it's incredibly sad how these games aren't available on Steam or digital platforms. Who owns the license now? Is it EA or Warner Bros? Ever any chance they'll release these old titles?

And I guess Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is what comes closest to these Lord of the Rings adventures.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait, was that
altar to pray and offer a vertebra shackle
where you fight the
tree
boss always there in Dark Souls 3? I never saw that.

Or is that how you access some dlc?

Hektor

wait, was that
altar to pray and offer a vertebra shackle
where you fight the
tree
boss always there in Dark Souls 3? I never saw that.

Or is that how you access some dlc?

That's always been there for what's definitely the most hidden covenant in the franchise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Reading this thread about old LotR games really made me reminisce about Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. It was such an awesome game and it's incredibly sad how these games aren't available on Steam or digital platforms. Who owns the license now? Is it EA or Warner Bros? Ever any chance they'll release these old titles?

And I guess Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is what comes closest to these Lord of the Rings adventures.
Two Towers and Return have aged quite poorly. I played through Return a couple years ago with my brother in co-op because he loved the game and was begging me and it was pretty bad. I’m in the middle of a Two Towers revisit courtesy of Dolphin and it’s aged even worse. The penultimate level with guarding the door in Helm’s Deep is pure nonsense. There is barely any content in the game. Half the levels consist of a single area.

I love the books and the movies and they deserve a proper trilogy of actions games built with modern tech.

Hektor

Isn't that what we are getting from the Middle-Earth: Shadow of series though?

Shadown of mordor captured the middle earth feeling about as well as a ring accidently dropped in a bucket full chilli peppers tbh

It also tells an entirely different (as well as very bad) story

oni-link

According to Google that pad supports xinput so it should work fine with everything.

However according to this review it only supports xinput if plugged in via USB cable and not wirelessly http://hometheatrelife.com/8bitdo-nes30-pro-review/

So if you want to use it wirelessly you might have to hope the game supports other input methods or put some effort into using keyboard to gamepad emulation (apparently the pad comes with its own software for that)

Ah thanks

I'm not too fussed over it needing to be plugged in, I just want a controller I know will work with most games so I can play retro and retro styled modern games on PC

KB/M is great but for games like Odallus or Super Meat Boy I'd rather play them with a controller, and I don't want the hassle of setting up a DS3 or Wii U Pro controller on PC

Endruen

Shadown of mordor captured the middle earth feeling about as well as a ring accidently dropped in a bucket full chilli peppers tbh

It also tells an entirely different (as well as very bad) story

Wasn't that the whole story of LotR in a nuthsell?

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
I did some updates to SteamDB's sales page over the past couple days and I'd like to hear feedback before the sale.

- Moved code to show wishlisted products from extension to site itself
- Added release date column
- Increased table width if viewport allows for it
- Switched to DataTables
- Search within table
- Pagination
- Sort by multiple columns (hold Shift when clicking)
- Improved page responsiveness

There's no UI for it, but multiple tag ids can be specified in the url (like tagid=122,1734). I know filtering out tags is wanted, but I'm yet to find a way to do it correctly and fast in SQL (we have a row per tag per app, and it's crap to filter on).

Hektor

Wasn't that the whole story of LotR in a nuthsell?

It was terrible revenge fan fiction that ended with the protagonist wanting to make his own ring so he could be the Lord of the Lord of the rings.

You could say there are similarities since it also involves a lot of known characters (indirectly) but I wouldn't say it's the same story

Endruen

It was terrible revenge fan fiction that ended with the protagonist wanting to make his own ring so he could be the Lord of the Lord of the rings.

You could say there are similarities since it also involves a lot of known characters (indirectly) but I wouldn't say it's the same story

You didn't understand me. I was talking about your metaphor with the movies, not the game, I haven't played it yet.

voodooray

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 9.4. This release includes the following new features and bug fixes:
  • Added the ability to create custom user-configurable profile links
<snip>

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

I think there is a small issue if including the protocol in any URL, as I could only get it to work when removing it. I left some feedback on the Reddit about it.

Otherwise, it works great! I'm using it to track suspected cheaters against vac-ban.com.

Deques

Free HITMAN, but it seems US only so far.
http://www.hitman.com/free

It's not the entire game that is free if you wonder

The ICA Facility will be available as a free download on PS4, Xbox One and PC starting today - and we're extremely excited to see more players try the game. The download includes absolutely everything that we've released for that location; two story missions (including all cut-scenes), two Escalation Contracts, more than 40 challenges, 17 achievements and trophies, plus thousands of player-created missions in Contracts Mode - all of that is now available completely free of charge.

derFeef

So having restarted Wolfenstein TNO - man Über is no Joke sometimes. It's like I am fine most of the time but then one asshole oneshots me out of the blue... I guess I will drop it down so I can finally finish it without frustration.

I did some updates to SteamDB's sales page over the past couple days and I'd like to hear feedback before the sale.

- Moved code to show wishlisted products from extension to site itself
- Added release date column
- Increased table width if viewport allows for it
- Switched to DataTables
- Search within table
- Pagination
- Sort by multiple columns (hold Shift when clicking)
- Improved page responsiveness

There's no UI for it, but multiple tag ids can be specified in the url (like tagid=122,1734). I know filtering out tags is wanted, but I'm yet to find a way to do it correctly and fast in SQL (we have a row per tag per app, and it's crap to filter on).
Well, since you're here and want feedback, can you please add option to show games only with new highest discount?

Ban Puncher

My shitty 10 year old Logitech speakers are finally starting to check out and I've been thinking of a suitable stereo configuration replacement, especially since I have been spending more time playing games on my computer lately. The PC building thread doesn't really talk about speaker setups so I was wondering where a good place to start would be.

Aaron D.

Having pre sale anxiety.

Allthediscountswillbeshit. Nothingtobuy. Worstsale. Steamsalesusedtobegood. Etc.

You forgot the classic .5 seconds after sales starts, Percentoffisn'tright.

Can't wait for the whining to begin.

All those tears about how a AAA game released just last week should be 95% off like back in the "good old days".

So having restarted Wolfenstein TNO - man Über is no Joke sometimes. It's like I am fine most of the time but then one asshole oneshots me out of the blue... I guess I will drop it down so I can finally finish it without frustration.

Don't you need to finish the game once to unlock Uber difficulty?

Not sure if I'm gonna be buying much this time around. Most of my wishlist was added to Steam since January. Maybe the Disney Afternoon Collection of Zero Time Dilemma, but I'm not sure what else I feel I urgently need to play, my Steam account as it is gives me a ton of options.

Crackdown twice but no Metroid 4 or Xenoblade 2. This is rigged.

Twitch knows better than to include Xenoboob and a logo.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Alan Wake American Nightmare GOG -- MB-A6C948640E937074 - Taken by TetraxShards

Boy they sure took their time to send me this. Heads up to whoever takes this - it expires on June 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom