• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadGear

Unreal Tournament at GDC

I'm kind of surprised that they already introduced so highly detailed textures to UT but I'm glad that it still looks so clean. But then again, this is just a community created map so technically they could still mess this up by turning Deck 16 into a clutter filled tech demo ... hopefully they wont :)

saw a Valve dev RTing it, thought it was ....funny? Dunno lmao. One of those weird twitter accounts.

Unreal Tournament at GDC

I'm kind of surprised that they already introduced so highly detailed textures to UT but I'm glad that it still looks so clean. But then again, this is just a community created map so technically they could still mess this up by turning Deck 16 into a clutter filled tech demo ... hopefully they wont :)

The pics in that post are actually from an Epic created map, Outpost23.

MadGear

saw a Valve dev RTing it, thought it was ....funny? Dunno lmao. One of those weird twitter accounts.

The pics in that post are actually from an Epic created map, Outpost23.

Oh then I was clearly wrong with my concern about Epics approach and I'm actually glad about it :)

AsfaeksBR

Wait, so we'll have to pay to get the Gold Edition, even those who already own RE5?
Why not upgrading the versions of those who already own the game, like Bioshock 2, Capcom?

4RcvVnB.jpg

FLD

Wait, so we'll have to pay to get the Gold Edition, even those who already own RE5?
Why not upgrading the versions of those who already own the game, like Bioshock 2, Capcom?

Most likely because they actually needed to port the DLC, it wasn't already on PC. They probably need to try and make some of that cost back.

Grief.exe

Minerva's Den was already available for purchase on the GFWL store, but the store doesn't provide keys. Providing the DLC for free was a way to assure everyone who had purchased the DLC received a key.

AsfaeksBR

Most likely because they actually needed to port the DLC, it wasn't already on PC. They probably need to try and make some of that cost back.

Minerva's Den was already available for purchase on the GFWL store, but the store doesn't provide keys. Providing the DLC for free was a way to assure everyone who had purchased the DLC received a key.

Makes sense.
Okay, I'll bite. I'm in the mood for some RE, and I still need to play the DLC's in co-op. I'll convince my friend to get i so we can play the base game + dlcs together, because I can't stand playing on Veteran with Sheva's AI again!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
and...Cities: Skylines pre-ordered. Hard to resist after watching all of the footage today.

you've made the right choice ;)

it's pretty much going to be the SimCity we were supposed to get but never did ...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Depths of Peril -- MB-1E58B90E95D80FD5 - Taken by Purkake4

Have fun

Jawmuncher

Don't believe so, they handled achievements and saves separately, I don't remember which had a transfer window tho.

Sounds good to me. RE5 will transfer saves and achievements as well.
Don't care about my save since that is long gone but will be nice to have my achievements.

Uraizen

Banned
I mean being able to go from factory 3.3ghz to 4.5ghz has made the 2500k purchase last a lot longer in terms of relevancy

I tried to OC my 2600k to just 4.3ghz and it gave me a friggin BSOD. My CPU just was not meant to be OC'd at a level that's worth it.

rtcn63

I tried to OC my 2600k to just 4.3ghz and it gave me a friggin BSOD. My CPU just was not meant to be OC'd at a level that's worth it.

I had my 3570k at 4.4 for awhile, but then Windows started going apeshit, and had to tone it down to ~4.0.

Uraizen

Banned
I had my 3570k at 4.4 for awhile, but then Windows started going apeshit, and had to tone it down to ~4.0.

It's for the best, it would hit the 80s with prime95 running. Without the OC it just hits 60 at most. Using an aftermarket cooler no less.

i'm eyeing a radeon r7 260x

i never used ati video cards but it's 250usd which is about as much as i can afford and looks maybe like an upgrade from my 560 gtx?

Hey! I had a 560, too! I recently upgraded to a GTX 980. Get something close to that and you'll be beyond pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom