• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixclaws

Banned
A friend of mine released a game on Steam on Monday and I figured I would raffle off some keys for the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Why Am I Dead At Sea #2 -- MB-22BB05A39237D533 - Taken by bobnowhere. 16 entrants total.
Why Am I Dead At Sea -- MB-7F21F9D4D4C408B9 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 19 entrants total.

t1431827455z1.png

Kagemusha

Took a short break from Pillars of Eternity to play a few from my never played list.

Axiom Verge is cool. First boss killed me. Want to go back and slaughter it.

Diablo III. I thik I'd rather play Grim Dawn. The atmosphere is better.

Installed FarCry 3 (Uplay) for the first time. Tried to play but game would crash on start. Had to move game from external drive to my SDD. Worked just fine after that. Had to adjust the graphics cuz my character was covered by a cloud of shadows. It's cool when your character has the same name as you.

Played Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil. Got to first boss but couldn't hit him. Died after I got a dozen fireballs to my face. I know how to kill him now, will do so soon. It's better than vanilla Doom 3 so far. I only played the og Xbox doom 3.

Dsyndrome

Just beat Witcher 2. Had to kill
Letho
. Was I supposed to feel mercy for that piece of shit after everything in the game? Same thing with Kaedwen's King. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Roche and Triss, seeing as everything in W3 thus far has focused on Yennefer and Ciri. Don't really care what happens to Iorveth, he's a punk.

Arthea

I thought I as well might check what so good about Clicker heroes, why people play it and why reviews are so good. 2 hours later, I have no idea why.
wait a second... 2 HOURS LATER?
it felt like 30 minutes at best

edited:
also my mouse hand is sore. If it is possible to make a game so responsive that it register every super hurried half assed mouse click, why controls so often suck in games, I wonder

Got hurt at my temp job today is there any games i can play with one arm for a few days?

clicker heroes, that you could hurt your other hand, for symmetry
I'm sorry

Letho
. Was I supposed to feel mercy for that piece of shit after everything in the game? Same thing with Kaedwen's King. Looking forward to seeing what happens with Roche and Triss, seeing as everything in W3 thus far has focused on Yennefer and Ciri. Don't really care what happens to Iorveth, he's a punk.
I ended up not killing him. Just felt unnecessary, at least for a character like geralt. it's not like he exactly cares. And hey,
Letho protected Yennefer.

Anteater

i wish i could reset my playtime for some of these games

i keep falling asleep playing them, i didn't play 60hrs of ff13 and 20 hrs of dead space

Arthea

No. But you can do this:

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vpPgNq.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

that is too good to be true, yet I hope I will be able to do this.

[quote="BinaryPork2737, post: 164209189"]So I've been playing through [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/357600/"]Unium[/URL] in the last few days. It starts out simple enough, and steadily ramps up in difficult once you get to the later parts. I started encountering difficulty spikes followed by lulls where the puzzle could be solved in a few minutes once I reached the advanced puzzles, though. There were also a few moments where I had to completely restart some puzzles because I picked a bad spot to start out with.

It's still a nice little puzzle game that you can complete in about 6-7 hours, probably less if you don't care about getting some of the achievements. [SPOILER]I've been stuck on one of the achievement related puzzles for a while now ;_;[/SPOILER]
[/QUOTE]
Ya, Unium was a nice surprise, a very uneven game but still good one.

edited: I mean for that price? Totally worth every cent.

So in an effort to slay my backlog I played some Sword & Sworcery. All I can think to say is, wow, all the indie game stereotypes out there somehow made it into an actual, 100% real game. 'Tis a real miserable experience pretending to be something greater.

Anteater

So in an effort to slay my backlog I played some Sword & Sworcery. All I can think to say is, wow, all the indie game stereotypes out there somehow made it into an actual, 100% real game. 'Tis a real miserable experience pretending to be something greater.

i liked the first chapter and feels like it promised some cool shit but it just got more boring after, maybe the 3rd will be better.

Dsyndrome

Trying to see if I can finish Shadowrun Returns now before Witcher 3 unlocks Monday. Just got back from the cult compound and the mission about finding the scientist to hand over, not sure how much more I have.

Pakkidis

Just tried out mantle drivers for the first time on Thief. If direct x 12 is as good as this, this is a very good thing.

Direct x 11 - AVG 40 FPS
Mantle - AVG 65 FPS

Very impressed to say the least.

Question though, I have vsync turned on and yet I am getting frame rates well over 60 with mantle.why?

Just tried out mantle drivers for the first time on Thief. If direct x 12 is as good as this, this is a very good thing.

Direct x 11 - AVG 40 FPS
Mantle - AVG 65 FPS

Very impressed to say the least.

Question though, I have vsync turned on and yet I am getting frame rates well over 60 with mantle.why?

VSync only really turned on for me when I had "Exclusive Fullscreen" checked along with "Fullscreen"...and yeah, Mantle improves performance on Thief a lot

Letho

Same here as far as the first part goes. What about
Sile
? I'm pretty sure I
did not remove the crystal.

iosefe

will you play with me my monkey friend? if I get it? How is it?

it's $15, i've enjoyed it, it's still EA so still getting updates. when i do play, i play on he GAF server, but i haven't played in a bit, so many updates and changes and i think we had some server issues
i thought he's a dolphin

actually i'm an Ape, gorillas are apes, it's just Monkey mask has alliteration so i use that instead of gorilla Mask

JK, i'm a Polymorphic sentient rock

iosefe

Only on Tuesdays

If we play together, would you wanna play on the GAF server? or can we make our own server?

probably on th GAF server. that or we run on our own and i help you through missions. we shall see. introduce yourself to StarboundGAF, get some info

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of sixclaws, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Why Am I Dead At Sea #2 -- MB-22BB05A39237D533 - Taken by bobnowhere. 16 entrants total.
Why Am I Dead At Sea -- MB-7F21F9D4D4C408B9 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 19 entrants total.

t1431827455z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon can't stand spiders, quite literally. Sorry if my question seemed out of place.
thanks but not really necessary to defend me like that

fortunately the spider lady from league only gives me trouble every now and then

guys, guys ... it's ok .... TW3 PC version is saved .... from the downgrade thread - a snippet from an interview:

i hope there's like a checkbox you can tick so i can play the console version

not downgraded enough if you ask me

i have it installed but yea, wasn't too big of a fan of it when i played it for the first time

i like the whole "you don't know the protag's a girl until you read about her being addressed as a she because you assume it's a boy because it's a videogame" thing, but i couldn't get into it

Turfster

Humble Flash TUG 90% off

Sym keys have been emailed to those who purchased LazyGuysBundle Pure Light
Tiamat X keys now available on DailyIndieGame

Dsyndrome

thanks but not really necessary to defend me like that

fortunately the spider lady from league only gives me trouble every now and then

i hope there's like a checkbox you can tick so i can play the console version

not downgraded enough if you ask me

i have it installed but yea, wasn't too big of a fan of it when i played it for the first time

i like the whole "you don't know the protag's a girl until you read about her being addressed as a she because you assume it's a boy because it's a videogame" thing, but i couldn't get into it

When you getting a new card and motherboard? It's almost summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom