• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
When you getting a new card and motherboard? It's almost summer.
i don't need a new motherboard (i think), but i was supposed to get payed for something and didn't so my plans are delayed, unfortunately

i'm kinda bummed i'm gonna miss witcha3 but tbh i'm finding it kind of hard to get excited about games lately

and i can't get parasite eve 2 to work :T

Do I want Alpha Protocol?
yes, it's cheap and it's one of the best games of the generation

very good concept that's mostly implemented wonderfully, while most if not all the things around it are broken to different degrees

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Beat this just now. Took me 8 hours in case someone was wondering about that.
Can't recall if I left it on to idle but the ballpark of 6-8 seems about right for most readers here. Was a bitter sweet story through out, however it's a story crafted where you'll know the out come reading it early on. Which while a effective method for story telling, I felt it took away from the story in some ways. Can't really go in depth so I don't want to even bring up spoilers aside from what I have given already. Overall though I would say if you already have it, it's worth a play. If you don't own it however I would recommend Planetarian over it. Some of the same ideas but what I found to be better execution.

Maniac

Banned
Got hurt at my temp job today is there any games i can play with one arm for a few days?

Junebug! You alright? :eek:

And uh, I'm personally liking PixelJunk Monsters. Neat little tower-defense title that can be played just with one hand on the keyboard. Otherwise... I imagine Pillars of Eternity could work, if you have it. And ofcourse some kind of City Builder / RTS or some such, like Age of Empires, Banished, Cities: Skylines or Heroes of Might & Magic... Etcetera. Those are the only good ones that I've somewhat recently played myself. Hope atleast one of them is a worthwhile suggestion!

faux-edit: Don't Starve, Prison Architect, FTL, Civilization V, some Popcap games like Bejeweled, Plants Vs Zombies, etc, and Divinity would likely work aswell. And perhaps, just perhaps (granted you've got 'em), War for the Overworld and Defense Grid.

I... Believe I'm all out of ideas. Except for this years GOTY, ofcourse, AdVenture Capitalist.

why aren't you getting a 64GB microSD for your 3DS or something

I asked him the same question but if you think about it, 64 really is overkill for the 3DS. He has all these games and they fit on a single 16GB card. You'd have to be the Jasec* of 3DS games to need 64.

*Jasec has a 3DS and he refuses to even boot it up.

Trying to see if I can finish Shadowrun Returns now before Witcher 3 unlocks Monday. Just got back from the cult compound and the mission about finding the scientist to hand over, not sure how much more I have.

You're very close to the end.

header.jpg

Beat this just now. Took me 8 hours in case someone was wondering about that.
Can't recall if I left it on to idle but the ballpark of 6-8 seems about right for most readers here. Was a bitter sweet story through out, however it's a story crafted where you'll know the out come reading it early on. Which while a effective method for story telling, I felt it took away from the story in some ways. Can't really go in depth so I don't want to even bring up spoilers aside from what I have given already. Overall though I would say if you already have it, it's worth a play. If you don't own it however I would recommend Planetarian over it. Some of the same ideas but what I found to be better execution.

Good to know. I liked Planetarian quite a bit although I felt it was a little longer than it needed to be. But they spent the time fleshing out the characters so it wasn't so bad. I need to somehow make time for this game.

FWIW, I bought the mangagamer version when it was on sale. You have to download a compressed archive that is split into three parts. Then you merge them together to install the game. Then you have a limited number of online activations that you can use for the game. An unwelcome reminder of everything that used to be wrong with PC gaming (and that Steam fixed).

Shadownet

Banned
probably on th GAF server. that or we run on our own and i help you through missions. we shall see. introduce yourself to StarboundGAF, get some info
Do you have to pay to get a server? Or its easy to make one for free? Not sure how things like this work.

Coldsun

Banned
Do you have to pay to get a server? Or its easy to make one for free? Not sure how things like this work.

What type of server are you looking for?
one that is up for 1 session? If so, its pretty easy to do it yourself assuming you have the upload.
one that is up even without you? if you have extra hardware and a static ip? No problem. Otherwise a VPS is a fine solution.

iosefe

like Coldsun said, direct IP connection. a person hosts, and sends IP pretty cut and dry. and they offer server renting for people that prefer a more dedicated solution

Vlad

Got hurt at my temp job today is there any games i can play with one arm for a few days?

Hexcells is great, if you're into puzzlers. Just be sure to play them in the released order: Hexcells, Plus, then Infinite. They're practically three difficulty levels of the same game, and jumping in with Infinite would be a bad idea.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is really great, and can be played entirely with the arrow keys.

10000000 is entirely mouse driven, and not bad if you're into match-3 type games. It does get a little grindy, though.

One Finger Death Punch is surprisingly awesome, and only uses two buttons.

Race the Sun only needs three buttons (left/right and spacebar), and you can configure the keys to whatever you need.

VVVVVV can be played with just the arrow keys, I believe.

Shadownet

Banned
like Coldsun said, direct IP connection. a person hosts, and sends IP pretty cut and dry. and they offer server renting for people that prefer a more dedicated solution
So if you do a 1 session thing then when you get off. Everything get reset?

But if you want a constant server? You need to find a place to rent one?

iosefe

So if you do a 1 session thing then when you get off. Everything get reset?

But if you want a constant server? You need to find a place to rent one?

no. the universe is constant for your machine. you host a game, and that is the universe. when somone joins you, they enter your universe. for you machine and all characters you make, unless you delete your universe, it will be the same, and most likely all your characters will have the same spawn planet i know mine did.

zkylon

zkylewd
just got distracetd and my kitchen caught on fire .__.

this is not my week.. sigh...

anyways, civ5 is a great one-handed game, generally anything turn-based would work, like xcom or dungeon of the endless or whatever, tho you might miss the hotkeys.

hope your arm gets better

Tenrius

Sooo, which Gods Will Be Watching mode should I be playing? As far as I remember, there were lots of complaints around the time of the original release, people were unhappy with some game parts heavily depending on RNG or something. Now there are several different modes, some of which apparently remove those elements, but it says the RNG mode is the original vision™. Could someone give me a rundown on what's what in this game and/or some general opinion on it?

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty much

it's the third time it happened because i get distracted and leave stuff like a plastic tray near the stove and i go to the computer and those things catch on fire pretty quick

i'm the biggest idiot in planet earth

Sooo, which Gods Will Be Watching mode should I be playing? As far as I remember, there were lots of complaints around the time of the original release, people were unhappy with some game parts heavily depending on RNG or something. Now there are several different modes, some of which apparently remove those elements, but it says the RNG mode is the original vision™. Could someone give me a rundown on what's what in this game and/or some general opinion on it?
the rng is not worth it, i'd advice playing it with that turned off since it just makes the game really annoying for very little gain. thematically it makes sense that there's a good amount of "the universe just fucked you over" but you can pretend in your head that that's the case and play without rng

as far as the difficulty modes go, i played it on the easier difficulty and it was pretty easy, but it was still stressful and i didn't really mind. i'd recommend playing it like that if you're not too good about the patience thing

overall it's a game that makes a lot more sense if it's hard and unfair, but it's not really a very enjoyable game if it's like that. it's no papers please or whatever, it's a very trial-and-error driven game that's generally sluggish and unpleasant, so i'd say it's not so bad if you miss a bit of the point in exchange for actually being able to get past the first fucking level without getting frustrated

i like the game because it has themes that appeal to me but it's not a game that tries very hard for you to like it

Turfster

RNGesus fucked me on this Invisible Inc runthrough.
Level 3-4 security with daemons everywhere that needs to be hacked to get past the first room, and nothing to get power from.
Waiting out the turns holed up in front of the door I need to hack until I have enough power, meanwhile the alert level keeps rising and they keep teleporting in more killer drones.
The room doesn't even have a door.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm stuck in a feedback loop between AdVenture Capitalist and Clicker Heroes.

Send help

zkylon

zkylewd
Does TW1 and TW2 have full 360 controller support? Pretty sure 2 has. And I'm guessing TW3 already supports it.

pretty sure witcha1 doesn't, i imagine it being really unpleasant to play with a controller

witcha2 i played it all with a controller on release iirc

zkylon

zkylewd
i really want to like cart life but i wish the way you're thrown right into it was given a lot more care

for example having to read the text (which is in a really small font that i have a hard time reading) to learn how to make coffee while on a timer before the client runs out and also remembering which time it is so you can pick up your daughter at school could be handled much better

i ended up getting pretty stressed out and fucked up my change or something and ended up giving away all my money? or something like that? there's not enough time to really learn how things work so i didn't know if it was drag and drop or what the different ui elements meant before i was kicked out for the next costumer. another time it want me to write something and i failed because i didn't add a period at the end of the sentence

i understand the diegetic thing of like living the high-pressure situation by being thrown into a weird situation yourself, just as the characters playing the game are, but since there's a lot of the game being very deliberately weird in how it plays and how much interaction it gives the different mini-games, but it's hard to play and the flashy colors and loud error sounds just stressed me out

i really want to like this game but eh..

Miguel81

Does TW1 and TW2 have full 360 controller support? Pretty sure 2 has. And I'm guessing TW3 already supports it.

Witcher 1 seems like it would be hell to set up with xpadder. So many buttons to bind. I'm on Chapter 2 and still trying to get in the groove, and the inventory isn't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom