• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, both are excellent if you like fast paced RTS games. DoW made me quote the units calls for years. "FOR THE EMPORER!"

You're giving me second thoughts on the bundle now. >_<

I don't know if i've played any RTS games, so I have no hate or love for the genre.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Doesn't seem like it. Going by the Steam Store Page it seems like they have fully migrated to Steamworks.

Just FYI - the reason that Enhanced Steam still shows this DRM on the store page is because they never updated their system requirements that state:

Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows - Live

If they sign in and update their system requirements that dialog will disappear.

Arthea

That VN bundle was not what I expected, bought regardless, for science, I know like one VN in higher tiers. Who could have guessed it will be so lewd. They could have included at least one steam doujin VN in higher tiers, for fairness.

Deitus

That's an awesome Humble Bundle. Too bad I already have most of it.

Still the Dawn of War games are great, and so is Space Marine (I haven't played COH yet, but I've heard really good things), so it's well worth the BTA price, or at least the $1 tier.

Chariot

You're giving me second thoughts on the bundle now. >_<
:(

WB.gif

chronomac

Humble extras:
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-4C706AB4B781629C - Taken by TheAutomator. 2 entrants total.
Company of Heroes: Complete Edition -- MB-544400A36FA4D37E - Taken by xezuru. 2 entrants total.

t1432840021z1.png

These might be games, or might be an illusion. Only one way to find out!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and 9.99$ via paypal to me. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-BEDDB25629782A74 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-F33DB4C550963D39 - Taken by Deques. 4 entrants total.

t1432839839z1.png

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for user237:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2 -- MB-C093AD6F1CA666DB - Taken by Kiru
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-0A498A0D83DB9E7A - Taken by Zeknurn
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces -- MB-CF23B6F8DF5A1C16 - Taken by Mavromatis

The DLC don't require the base game, if I'm reading the store page correctly... "Does not require the base game Company of Heroes 2 to play. This package allows standalone multiplayer access."

Take all 3 of these if you want them.

Amiibo's are going to kill me...

ModBot said:
Instructions for MicroByter:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MicroByter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-49FDB9A02544E62D - Taken by Spirited. 2 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-A09E43C26A45B279 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-63350C70CB628EF9 - Taken by Cyldman. 1 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising -- MB-F81CD9B661B04405 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.

t1432840199z1.png

Buraindo

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buraindo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Company of Heroes 2 The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-E8CEEB1652548F54 - Taken by Blizniak
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-339A68DE3556DF57 - Taken by darkchewie
- -- MB-46956DA2E0DB627D - Taken by Belgarion
Warhammer 40,000 -- MB-742DC4FA234E9FC8 - Taken by Eanan

Uhmm seems I messed something up

This giveaway train stops for no one.

COH2 Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West DLC - 8RB4Y-GCDRQ-6GMVD
Yury - 4YFBY-3IKKJ-3ABAG
Yury (Desura) - IHGSU-GDKWT-9VI4G-Q95DT-L24V8

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Spirited:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-0D941FACD5AA257F - Taken by Blizniak. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-7B015CA5109D1612 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 3 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-B9C74EE8719EBBBD - Taken by xezuru. 4 entrants total.

t1432850162z1.png

So I had these already.

jase bribed me for the summer sale thread with COH2

just so you guys know who you're gettin in bed with

With this:
image.php
?

Also with all the junk accumulated due to greenlight I think this summer sale will be very flat. All the games that we care either had sales multiple times or we are sure that they'll be on sale for sure. And the rest is fodder. There is no suspense and unless there is a meta game there won't be much "attendance".

Edit: I noticed that I still have that purple thing on my avatar from the last "game".

Version 2 XD

XZHWSTF.png

You made me check the price.

Also:
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-BEDDB25629782A74 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-F33DB4C550963D39 - Taken by Deques. 4 entrants total.

Why is it that the Humble Weekly Bundle is almost always better than the main bundle.

They release a bundle, see that it fails and release the better bundle to save themselves.

Uzzy

Why are their armours even bulkier than Gears of War? D:

They're like eight feet tall genetic monsters. And they need to store all their ammo.

Fuck the smurfs.
The Space Wolves are where it's at.

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/dNCqkml.jpg[/IMG]

Fucking viking mutant clone werewolves! In space!

Then you have the 13th Company of the Space Wolves, who quite aside from having spent the last 10,000 years in the Eye of Terror hunting chaos down and have had to scavenge weapons and armour from the Chaos Marines, are actual werewolves who often look like this. Not just pretend werewolves like the rest of the Space Wolves.

Then you have the 13th Company of the Space Wolves, who quite aside from having spent the last 10,000 years in the Eye of Terror hunting chaos down and have had to scavenge weapons and armour from the Chaos Marines, are actual werewolves who often look like this. Not just pretend werewolves like the rest of the Space Wolves.
That's cool, can someone recommend me good warhammer 40k books to read?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SmashMouth needs to stop messing around with Ongaku's store page so I can finally check out without my bloody cart emptying itself.

Edit: ABfsuafhasfhsoiafhsahfsuia5679qtuikjhagsn

Chariot

Aww yes. I hope that the story actually moves on one day and that Leman Russ and all the other Primarchs who could still be alive come back and save the empire.

The Horus Heresy would be good. It's not finished yet, but there are a lot of books to read until you get there :D

dex3108

So are you planning on taking over the deal listing for the sale?

Currently i am just playing with few designs because i got a bit rusty with design software. If you or anybody else wants to use any of my shit i will have templates ready and i can help when i am at home. I don't know if i will always be when deals change but i will create PSD template that people can use.

Uzzy

The Horus Heresy books are pretty good, but that's a huge series (35 books and counting). Still, it's the best one if you want the grimdark action that the 40k universe delivers so well.

The Gaunt's Ghosts and Commissar Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM series are also well recommended. Both focus on the Imperial Guard, but are very different in tone. Gaunt's Ghosts focusing again on action, while the Commissar Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM series is essentially Blackadder/Flashman in space, and is really quite funny. Then you've got the Eisenhorn trilogy, which focuses on the Inquisition and has tons of intrigue and mystery in it, and really fleshes out the universe.

I'd also personally recommend the Shira Calpurnia trilogy, which focuses on the Imperial Police, i.e. the Arbites, and is basically a police procedural in space. It's pretty good at fleshing out the 40k universe too.

Turfster

Realm of Perpetual Guilds keys now available for IR Debut 19

Currently i am just playing with few designs because i got a bit rusty with design software. If you or anybody else wants to use any of my shit i will have templates ready and i can help when i am at home. I don't know if i will always be when deals change but i will create PSD template that people can use.

Eh, I think I'll still do the text version, honestly.
It's easier to read and not as obvious for people at work ;)

Commissar Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM series are also well recommended.
I'd also personally recommend the Shira Calpurnia trilogy, which focuses on the Imperial Police, i.e. the Arbites, and is basically a police procedural in space. It's pretty good at fleshing out the 40k universe too.

YES and yes.
(Although the later Cain books get sort of samey)

Theory time: Maybe they're holding it around E3, because they know it's noisy enough, so might as well add to it, so they can focus on the things after it and before TI? They'll have more than a month of room this way. Say, TF2 competitive MM (probably with Spy vs Engineer) or Dota 2 Source 2 or ....announce L4D3 lololol.

The Horus Heresy would be good. It's not finished yet, but there are a lot of books to read until you get there :D

35 books D:

The Horus Heresy books are pretty good, but that's a huge series (35 books and counting). Still, it's the best one if you want the grimdark action that the 40k universe delivers so well.

The Gaunt's Ghosts and Commissar Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM series are also well recommended. Both focus on the Imperial Guard, but are very different in tone. Gaunt's Ghosts focusing again on action, while the Commissar Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM series is essentially Blackadder/Flashman in space, and is really quite funny. Then you've got the Eisenhorn trilogy, which focuses on the Inquisition and has tons of intrigue and mystery in it, and really fleshes out the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom