• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Currently i am just playing with few designs because i got a bit rusty with design software. If you or anybody else wants to use any of my shit i will have templates ready and i can help when i am at home. I don't know if i will always be when deals change but i will create PSD template that people can use.

I don't see the need to "pretty it up". I'd planned on just repeating what I did with the Autumn Sale: images showing the Dailies/Flashes/Community's Choices and the relevant countdown timers below each. I am toying with the idea of splitting up said images into portions that link to each app's store page, but that ultimately depends on whether or not I can have Fireworks CS4 do the heavy lifting for me via a macro. Having to splice each featured deal image into a template would dramatically delay the point at which I can update the OP (well, okay, "dramatically" is a bit of an exaggeration).

Realm of Perpetual Guilds keys now available for IR Debut 19

Eh, I think I'll still do the text version, honestly.
It's easier to read and not as obvious for people at work ;)

YES and yes.
(Although the later Cain books get sort of samey)

No images is better since I and many others would be on work during at least a quarter of the sale.
I will probably buy most of it using the android app.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution -- MB-0E67E3543B22AA33 - Taken by xezuru. 2 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-203EA3162FFB60BD - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Ubersoldier II -- MB-5B06F002C0F06761 - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West -- MB-39548A7F31AABFD7 - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-7E48722C5F629A19 - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes Complete Edition -- MB-0B8E12F2203E55B2 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Depths of Fear Knossos -- MB-B6788D3E909360B0 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 2 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising -- MB-2DCA0D01E8A6DE63 - Taken by bluechox2. 2 entrants total.
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine -- MB-47D70EE5C176942B - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-18FA51B9212E04B5 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II -- MB-F6DE006497EC7549 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Nam -- MB-FFB6A468907D096B - Taken by KingKong. 1 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-B9A95436C01E5F8B - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-B4F60EBDF899875B - Taken by Spirited. 1 entrants total.

t1432842719z1.png

JaseC

If the Ongaku devs stuff around one more time, I'm going to lose it. I've tried to check out several times now and my cart has emptied itself every single time because the bozos keep changing the availability of the DLC/upgrade packages.

Edit: JUST LEAVE THINGS ALONE FOR 60 SECONDS.

Lain

Just woke up to see what is in the Groupees doujin vn bundle and bought it at the speed of light. I already have half the games, but to buy the other half it would cost me more than 10$ and it's stuff I wanted like Demonbane.

By the way what happened between Greenmangaming ang CDPR/GOG when they released Witcher 3? Did they reveal how GMG got their keys, are the keys canceled, did CDPR apologized for claiming that GMG is a scammer organization?

Nillansan

d57oKfa.png

I have completed Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, here are some of my thoughts on the game. Let me preface my impressions, by stating that the play time in the picture above is in no way indicative of the actual time I’ve spent on the game, there has been a fair amount of idling. I completed the Normal Mode with mostly S rankings and Hard Mode with B and C rankings.

Hotline Miami 2 introduces a larger cast of characters, it is considerably more cut-scene and story heavy than its predecessor. I do, to some extent appreciate that Dennaton have put in some effort to elaborate on the events that occurred in Hotline Miami 1, but I agree with some of the criticism put forth in Errant Signal's review. The extensive story telling somewhat diminishes the mystery that surrounds the first installment, for example, 50 Blessings is revealed as a patriotic movement that was founded as a response to the russian occupation. Beard has his own story arc, that reduces him to just another face in the overall arc rather than the mysterious yet friendly stranger that you kept encountering in the first installment.

Hotline Miami 2 is set out to be a bigger and bolder installment. The game basically retains the mechanics of the first game; building up combos and completing levels as quickly as possible (time is a factor in your final score), while introducing new design choices. Large and open levels make an appearance regularly and the majority of scenes are divided into multiple sub-levels. I feel that the larger levels are at odds with the score attacking nature of the gameplay. I had difficulties determining enemy placement due to the limited view (the Look function rarely helped me) and as a result I died a lot due to being shot by enemies that were off-screen. It is as if the game advocates a careful and methodic play style, while it taunts you for not completing levels in a timely manner with a sufficiently high combo. What makes matters worse are the bugs and inconsistencies in the game. The overall enemy behaviour seems erratic, sometimes they will behave as if they have eyes in their back, other times they completely ignore your presence. Enemies will get stuck in some of the objects in the level and once they are in this state, they can’t be lured out using gunshots. The door slamming mechanic seems utterly unreliable, enemies will clip through doors, causing them to remain standing when they should have been knocked down. Sometimes they will knock themselves out upon entering a room without any player interference. Additionally the behaviour of enemies with pouncing attacks seem to be bugged. Whenever I stood near a door while an enemy was entering the room, they would leap through the door and kill you without having fully entered the room. The gameplay is in a few instances hampered by unresponsiveness, this issue is mostly prominent when playing as Beard. I am specifically referring to when swapping between melee and long-ranged weapons, it either takes ages to change weapons or several button presses. This was not alleviated by rebinding the swap action to another key. Picking up weapons is still as cumbersome as in Hotline Miami 1, combine this with the fact that certain enemies require specific weapons in order to tackle them and you’ve got a recipe for cheap deaths. Again, I would not expect such issues in a game with a score attack aspect to it.

Playing on Hard Mode cheapened my experience even further. Hard Mode alters the game in the following ways, levels are flipped around with some minor changes to the layout, doors are in some instances removed, while windows are added. There's less ammunition in guns, swapping weapons will also remove ammunition and additional enemies are sprinkled on top. Enemies equipped with guns lock on to you instantly making it even more difficult to lure them out of rooms. Combine that with the bugs and other shortcomings mentioned earlier and it is bound to end in what ultimately feels like a frustrating experience.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number feels great when it actually adopts the design of the original, some of the last scenes hit the right notes. Speaking of notes, the soundtrack is superb, I did not expect it to exceed its predecessor. The presentation is absolutely stellar, the pixel art effortlessly convey emotion. The visual feedback that is given to you upon successfully stringing together kills after kills got my adrenaline pumping.

Thanks for those of you who took the time to read my impressions, I hope that I didn’t waste your time, I am well aware of the fact that I am echoing a lot of Errant Signal’s criticism.

JaseC

By the way what happened between Greenmangaming ang CDPR/GOG when they released Witcher 3? Did they reveal how GMG got their keys, are the keys canceled, did CDPR apologized for claiming that GMG is a scammer organization?

There are three theories:

- They're Nvidia codes
- They're resold physical codes
- They were quietly provided by Scamco

2 and 3 are equally plausible. 1 makes no sense as the redemption process doesn't spit out a GOG-friendly key.

KingKong

d57oKfa.png

I have completed Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, here are some of my thoughts on the game.

I largely agree. I think the biggest issue with the game is that everything about the design makes you want to take things slowly and extremely carefully instead of pulling off combos and chain kills, which just feels very unsatisfying to play.

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

FLY'N -- MB-718BF2CF498E4BE0 - Taken by Last Baron
YURY -- MB-D0B2AE3FF7FB686F - Taken by Baron_Calamity
DOWNPOUR -- MB-FDE07A078ACAF62F - Taken by Saty
Shadows of War -- MB-B582ADAFBC23FBE8 - Taken by Eila
Magnetic By Nature -- MB-F59474BF6EB52627 - Taken by alr1ght
SIEGE OF INAOLIA -- MB-B9E9AC6B136FBD8E - Taken by NingenJanai
BOXESWITHGUNS -- MB-2C6280E880922672 - Taken by texhnolyze
Jones On Fire -- MB-9453F9EC9176F1E6 - Taken by Mavromatis

Speevy

Banned
This thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AKIBASTRIP_LOGO.png

AKIBA'S TRIP: Undead & Undressed -- MB-A8740222FC77C800 - Taken by Bayonetta. 65 entrants total.

t1432854479z1.png

dex3108

I don't see the need to "pretty it up". I'd planned on just repeating what I did with the Autumn Sale: images showing the Dailies/Flashes/Community's Choices and the relevant countdown timers below each. I am toying with the idea of splitting up said images into portions that link to each app's store page, but that ultimately depends on whether or not I can have Fireworks CS4 do the heavy lifting for me via a macro. Having to splice each featured deal image into a template would dramatically delay the point at which I can update the OP (well, okay, "dramatically" is a bit of an exaggeration).

Changing images is not issue :D Writing prices for each image is XD if i could i would make it easier :( But as i said i am just practicing :D

So I notice The Detail starts downloading damn near 550 MB for an update. Then I think, "That's weird, I don't have Episode 2 (do I?) and that's far too big for a standard update." But apparently, Episode 2 gets downloaded and put behind a paywall, as far as I can tell. What kind of a dick move is that?

Take this, all of you, and play it:
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Orboron -- MB-BC314CE7CAE45D7C - Taken by titch
Spoiler Alert -- MB-004B524D67AAC0AA - Taken by Saty
Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That! -- MB-76B9B6D5FB0A487C - Taken by fuzzy123
culling of the cows -- MB-B5C60F798FD62736 - Taken by neoxdonut
Ocean City Racing -- MB-EB5A9FA301925EE7 - Taken by rainking187
not the robots -- MB-9997E79E46D5AFEB - Taken by Mr. Doop
Clickr -- MB-66CC954935D2E7FE - Taken by xGreg

JaseC

So I notice The Detail starts downloading damn near 550 MB for an update. Then I think, "That's weird, I don't have Episode 2 (do I?) and that's far too big for a standard update." But apparently, Episode 2 gets downloaded and put behind a paywall, as far as I can tell. What kind of a dick move is that?

Which sub did you buy? I don't think the episode is actually out since as far as SteamDB concerned the app has no data (e.g. TW3's Season Pass has no data also, which is why it's displayed in my library as uninstalled despite being ticked).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom