• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, totally forgot. Finally finished idling. Thanks jshackles for the great program! Nothing can stop me now!
y9fANJI.png

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Big Killing Floor 2 post on what Tripwire is thinking about behind the scenes, and why perk balance changes are taking so long to come to fruition.

As work is progressing towards more new content (perks, weapons, maps, etc.), we are also moving forward with changes to existing systems based on player feedback. This ranges through perks, game mechanics and more! But the focus of this post it to give you some insight on how we are looking at the feedback on perks and game mechanics.

Perks
All of the existing perks are being examined for potential updates. These updates include moving skills around in the unlock tree, the change of some skills to passive unlocks and the introduction of new skills, to complete redesign/overhauls of perk systems. We are looking at what skills the players like, what they don’t like (or do not understand) and what they are actively using (or not). Currently the Berserker is receiving the most attention (yes, that is the perk being overhauled), and many are in a state of flux as we trial some things in house.

Our perk design doc is going through several iterations as items are discussed, tossed out, trialed, and implemented. Some of these changes may take a while before they are public facing, others may show up in our next update. Given the amount of feedback we've had, across so many topics, we're not just changing single numbers and throwing out daily updates - that would just confuse the feedback even more. We're looking at each system (i.e. a perk) as a whole, figuring out what is driving each bit of feedback and planning out coherent solutions. So it takes a bit longer to plan, code and test.

Systems
Game mechanics and systems can get complicated very quickly. And making changes to those systems can often result in [deep booming mysterious voice] "unintended consequences". Mechanics are also often misunderstood at first, and then, like a light bulb turning on, are understood and exploited to their fullest potential.

We are looking at many systems across the board, but we would like to let the community know about some of the higher ones that are being discussed or actively refined/redesigned. Keep in mind that because we are looking at something does not mean that public facing change will be seen soon.

• Melee - Getting general refinement and additions
  • Zed Teleport - Revamp this system so that it serves the intended purpose, without breaking the illusion (too much)
  • Zed Spawn Sounds - Looking at ways to deal with the fact that some people love them, others hate them
  • Player Grab - Looking at ways to deal with the fact that some people love it, others hate it
  • Circle Strafing - We need to react to the fact that it is really exploity, non-exciting gameplay
  • Large Zed (and boss) Gameplay - Refining this in general to make it more obviously skill-based and exciting
  • Communications - Increase available options
  • Weapons - Look for ways to improve on the M4/Eviscerator
  • Input - Add more options in the Options menu
  • Gameplay - Looking at the wave intensity peaks (and troughs)
  • Perk - Balance, from skill tree skill movement, to entire overhaul

As these items firm up we’ll be telling you all more about the proposed changes. so we can get the feedback to those as they develop. It is going to be an explosive next few weeks as we churn through some great new content and refinements in preparation for the next update! And as an added bonus, here is a first look at one of the Firebugs weapons: The Caulk N' Burn.

6OtyGDz.png

fantomena

Thinking about buying the Witcher 3 expansion pass. I know the first expansion doesn't come out until october, but the game is damn good and CDPR has yet to let me down (like certain other devs who made good games and then broke my hearth).

Chariot

Thinking about buying the Witcher 3 expansion pass. I know the first expansion doesn't come out until october, but the game is damn good and CDPR has yet to let me down (like certain other devs who made good games and then broke my hearth).
Can't go wrong in investing in something good. Unless it's not good.

This was your chinese fortune cookie wisdom for the day.

the witcher 3 is not mass effect

there's no "good" outcome or way of "doing things right"

so, fighting that "urge" is kind of a thing you must do cause if you follow that "need to do the right/best thing!" thinkin you'll just end up spoiling the game and gaining nothing
well, yeah, it's not as black and white as Mass Effect, but there's still, depending on the point of view, better and worse endings. Not that i disagree with you though. It really depends on the context.

EDIT: i actually wasnt going to post this. Saw the discussion yesterday and ended up agreeing with you guys. I just forgot to delete the post and misclicked when i was going to update the thread with the live thread extension D:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really should get back to idling cards for some summer sale cash. I have 404 games left to idle and those cards are worth about $126. Would probably pay for the whole sale. But there's no way I'm going to get them all idled in the next two weeks.

Tenrius

Huh, the Testament of Sherlock Holmes is surprisingly good so far. First of all, I expected a point-and-click game and it's actually in third person. Pretty neat deduction mechanics, too. Never paid too much attention to this series, didn't even realize I had this game lol. Hopefully that bundle with the previous games will get a deep discount during the summer sale, so that I can buy it. Love me some detecting.

Tenrius

I really should get back to idling cards for some summer sale cash. I have 404 games left to idle and those cards are worth about $126. Would probably pay for the whole sale. But there's no way I'm going to get them all idled in the next two weeks.

I completely forgot about Idle Master, haven't run it since like November. 172 games left to idle, not bad.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
apparently i already have this. ( ͡╭͜ʖ╮͡ )

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Realms of the Haunting -- MB-C84A5DD96B7A7FEC - Taken by Purkake4

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
:3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FLY'N -- MB-C0C2CF16D7CE1666 - Taken by Miniboss. 2 entrants total.
Roogoo -- MB-1EF42D5DCD6CF1A7 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Tiamat X -- MB-C384680FB3F0DD77 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 9 entrants total.
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Reloaded -- MB-A2CF52DEEA431BAC - Taken by alr1ght. 16 entrants total.
DogFighter -- MB-6A8C924167E123F2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Isaac the Adventurer -- MB-B359666E06FD5EB0 - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
Paper Sorcerer -- MB-FEA18C558EF3FED2 - Taken by freshVeggie. 6 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-3E6D2B9DD4509839 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Yury -- MB-7F875C45D778E1FB - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Downpour -- MB-AF64D23F5183C047 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
SWORD OF THE STARS THE PIT The Pilgrim DLC -- MB-2D05C636513D8495 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Lost Marbles -- MB-E323854DB05E5AEE - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Top Hat -- MB-C258D58D2239B13E - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Turba -- MB-362967A37EA4BC22 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
DarkBase 01 -- MB-86ED20D0D8431102 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Grey Cubes -- MB-5FC8A47B3DE07471 - Taken by Pakkidis. 4 entrants total.
Shadows of War -- MB-CD8541BE63BB624B - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Magnetic By Nature -- MB-4104ACACE44BE0FD - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
SWORD OF THE STARS THE PIT GOLD -- MB-AFAD37FB42CA8521 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
NekoChan Hero - Collection -- MB-4E210632CB00C362 - Taken by XDDX. 4 entrants total.
bit Dungeon II -- MB-E24F3E767A1299DC - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Gare Sapphire Mechs -- MB-97666CC516F21367 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Rollers of the Realm -- MB-C033CA87876DC9F4 - Taken by Haunted. 7 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-12ADCCE2A057BD67 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Bermuda -- MB-CAC909599EDB60E6 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
INNERCUBE -- MB-02453414963B539F - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-2BAD52A2913BFCE3 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-FB577E314DCB51A9 - Taken by iosefe. 1 entrants total.
Make it indie! -- MB-E805F65C4DD05A0F - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
GROUND POUNDERS -- MB-FB1E8193DD1A250F - Taken by Eila. 5 entrants total.
Retro/Grade -- MB-AA655779AFFF40EC - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.

t1432946943z1.png

Dr Dogg

That bullshit Silent Hills being snapped up by Microsoft 'rumour' has ended up generating three threads, 2 locked and the other not soon off and even IGN picked up this 'story'. Does anyone reporting on this industry do any basic fact checking at all or do they just repost any old shit that happen across their desk?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That bullshit Silent Hills being snapped up by Microsoft 'rumour' has ended up generating three threads, 2 locked and the other not soon off and even IGN picked up this 'story'. Does anyone reporting on this industry do any basic fact checking at all or do they just repost any old shit that happen across their desk?

Hey man, even though the franchise probably hasn't even grossed a billion dollars total over 15 years, MS totally bought it for that.

ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

Maniac

Banned
Did they? I don't ever recall them changing it on the store page or your library. I haven't really played it much since Phoenix. Anyways pic is still ugly and done lazy imo.

I don't think it's lazily done, but I do agree that it simply doesn't fit Counterstrike, or atleast, it doesn't at all evoke any kind of "Counter Strike?" thought whatsoever, atleast not for me.

It makes me think "Call of Poopy?"

fantomena

Been playing Splatoon for a few hours today.

It's without a doubt one of the frshest and most entertaining multiplayer shooters Ive played in a while.

The lack of content is without a doubt hurting it, but it's very addicting and I hope it doesn't take too long before the new content is coming.

Momentary

Banned
Made my wife watch Kung Fury with me. She didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did. In fact, she didn't care too much for it. She hates 80's styling, says it reminds her too much about Poland and the way people currently dress there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom