• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

I think you guys are completely underestimating just how 'hyped' this track gets people.

Could they have gone with better stuff? Absolutely.

They took the easy way out and went with something that automatically hypes 9/10 people.

Plus, with an established franchise like this, they could have used a Spice Girls track and they'll still sell a ton of copies.

Jawmuncher

I think you guys are completely underestimating just how 'hyped' this track gets people.

They took the easy way out and went with something that automatically hypes 9/10 people.

Plus, with an established franchise like this, they could have used a Spice Girls track and they'll still sell a ton of copies.

Firsts hooter game to use spice girls has my money day one.

Mivey

Battlefield 1 looks kinda cool, but (like many people have said) that remix was just completely out of place there. The whole "vibe" is totally off, even though the setting is great and ripe for exciting games to be made.
Did people ever like the weird dubstep BS that Dice has been doing with their Battlefield games for a while? Seems to me like an excentric audio director who has no clue or interesting in produce scores that people actually remember or even like.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The White Stripes are one of my favorite bands of all time. Seven Nation Army is a great song of theirs, and it does indeed get people hyped. But this cut/remix/shit version in the trailer is just downright bad. Not only could they have gone with better or more period-appropriate stuff, but they could have gone with a better remix of the same song.

If I had more time at the moment, I'd strip the song out of the trailer and replace it with a remixed Spice Girls song that I guarantee would sound better, just to prove a point.

Zeknurn

The White Stripes are one of my favorite bands of all time. Seven Nation Army is a great song of theirs, and it does indeed get people hyped. But this cut/remix/shit version in the trailer is just downright bad. Not only could they have gone with better or more period-appropriate stuff, but they could have gone with a better remix of the same song.

If I had more time at the moment, I'd strip the song out of the trailer and replace it with a remixed Spice Girls song that I guarantee would sound better, just to prove a point.

This needs to happen.

Jadax

Haha that would be awesome!

And I just realised that horse armor is probably going to be a thing, and an unlockable ofc knowing EA - never thought I'd say that.

Wok

I was going through the games that I voted for on Greenlight. Only one did not get Greenlight: OIO: The Game.

ceGq3z4.png

The Greenlight page got deleted
a long time ago, and I cannot find any way to acquire the game anymore. I had it on Desura back in the time and enjoyed the bamboo mechanic. I hope we will see the game on Steam one day.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of mp1990, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-A0251937E1F33C81 - Taken by Vazra. 29 entrants total.
Crawl -- MB-4DF882193435FF19 - Taken by Red Hood. 19 entrants total.

t1462574314z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Vive last month. Pascal this month. Based PC gaming.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Also, I hate video game trailers. They never show any gameplay. Fuck that Battlefield 1 trailer. It's useless.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Belladonna -- MB-7D98E199F56C5084 - Taken by Mikurden
DEAD SYNCHRONICITY TOMORROW COMES TODAY -- MB-B1EE64FEC709A714 - Taken by Regginator

Regginator

Also, I hate video game trailers. They never show any gameplay. Fuck that Battlefield 1 trailer. It's useless.

just the reveal of a ww1 setting is enough to cream my pants. and the 3 seconds of gameplay they showed was amazing. i trust dice to deliver battlefront graphics and battlefield 4 gameplay. i'm not worried.

(@diedac thanks for dead sync by the way)

Free random (most likely crap) game:

https://gleam.io/Pq9jM/random-key-giveaway-by-codex-sg

Requires Twitter & Instagram too.
Why the heck does it want Instagram? I'm interested in a garbage bundle key, not what he eats.
Made an Instagram for this... wth is wrong with me.
---------
I sold my integrity so you don't have to.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Either Retention or Meridian: New World or Deadbreed -- MB-F45A8C6178863994

t1462573775z1.png

Parsnip

I almost posted my battle net id, but I have absolutely zero interest in Overwatch so I probably won't even log in for another year or something.

Maybe some day I'll install Diablo 3 again.

Asuras Wrath
Vanquish
Jet Set Radio Future
Lost Odysee / Blue Dragon
Sunset Overdrive
Red Dead Redemption
Comic Jumper
Shadows of the Damned
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Destiny

Would really appreciate these games on Steam:F

I would like Croc: Legend of the Gobbos to be released on Steam. There was a PC version of it, both developed and published by now-defunct companies. Surprised there was no attempt by Night Dive Studios for a re-release.

mp1990

Banned
Aside from D.va, which will surely be my main once the full game releases, I found Mei to be a pretty damn awesome character. She lacks some sort of defense ability, but if you manage to "funnel" the enemies using your wall and then flank them, she can be a pretty sweet hero. Aside from her, I tried Pharah a bit, and although I found her to be cool and all, I really wish her missiles had some form of splash damage, as I'm playing with a controller and my accuracy really takes a thump.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Woow Shadowrun's story...

We go from tracking a serial killer to
finding out that Sam's sister was trying to put her mother back together with the donated organs... And she's a member of a crazy cult that wants us to bow down to our bug overlords.

U3xzk9Q.gif

I remembered someone in the thread saying that the game falls apart in the final act, starting to see that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom