• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
Woow Shadowrun's story...

We go from tracking a serial killer to
finding out that Sam's sister was trying to put her mother back together with the donated organs... And she's a member of a crazy cult that wants us to bow down to our bug overlords.

U3xzk9Q.gif

I remembered someone in the thread saying that the game falls apart in the final act, starting to see that now.

It kinda enforce the whole conspiracy stuff they tried to do though, but yeah I agree the delivery wasn't perfect. Still good. But Dragonfall was amazing in that regard, 30 hours and the story never lost its grip on me.

sadblob

According to Archi, ASF is safer than idlemaster because it doesn't interact directly with Steam or something like that. It's explained in the wiki.

I've been using ASF for a month now and it works just fine.

Sch1sm

According to Archi, ASF is safer than idlemaster because it doesn't interact directly with Steam or something like that. It's explained in the wiki.

Reading about this, it's probably more impressive you can idle multiple accounts at a time rather than just one like IdleMaster. Works on Linux/Mac as well. Huh. Leave out the juicy details, why don't you.

garath

According to Nigerian prince, he is just trying to move money safely.

I don't know anything about ASF but it's just funny trying to explain a program's safety by quoting the guy that authored it.

sadblob

According to Nigerian prince, he is just trying to move money safely.

I don't know anything about ASF but it's just funny trying to explain a program's safety by quoting the guy that authored it.

I can see that, but he does seems to be pretty knowledgeable and his explanation makes sense.

After all, he is trying to help people just like jshackles and has made a name in some communities, why wouldn't I trust him?

Not trying to defend him or anything, just my 2 cents based on what I've read.

I think you guys are completely underestimating just how 'hyped' this track gets people.

Could they have gone with better stuff? Absolutely.

They took the easy way out and went with something that automatically hypes 9/10 people.

Plus, with an established franchise like this, they could have used a Spice Girls track and they'll still sell a ton of copies.

It's especially frustrating because it's not even the best White Stripes song to use for that trailer and personally I really like trailers that introduce me to new music. I'll never not think of Assassin's Creed when I hear this song for example.

Well, back to XCOM 2.

Jaw and MMBosstones got injured in the last mission so our backup squad filled in. Left to right are Iosefe, Hektor, Deques, mp1990. Pls ignore temp info at the top left corner.

This combo is too strong. Another successful mission.

I gave Iosefe a beard because he's an ape, Hektor because of his old avi, and the rest I went with what I felt best.
Yes Deques, you're now Russian. I'm sorry.

As you can see, Iosefe might very well be my greatest invention. Jaw on the left from the previous mission.

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galak-Z -- MB-FE4824EEF9E25DE0 - Taken by rainking187. 13 entrants total.
1993 Space Machine -- MB-06287E969CAE65D8 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 3 entrants total.
JumpJet Rex -- MB-08A3F025F763192A - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.

t1462592376z1.png

Granjinha

It kinda enforce the whole conspiracy stuff they tried to do though, but yeah I agree the delivery wasn't perfect. Still good. But Dragonfall was amazing in that regard, 30 hours and the story never lost its grip on me.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong are fucking amazing.

Especially Dragonfall. That ending was... Fuck, too good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I came very close to uninstalling Overwatch tonight. A mix of me hating the sentry support lady and having a streak of brain dead games almost killed the whole thing for me.

And no Zkylon this wasnt a "the game is new stop complaining" thing. I dont care if people are shit. Im shit. But I care that people dont even try or just dont understand basic videogame fundamentals. Between people going afk and me standing alone at the start of a payload match with another dude literally looking at each other thinking "yo why is it just the 2 of us here?" While the opposing team calmly takes the cart to the objective, it was heroes of the storm all over again. And that game, I ran into those things from the beta all the way to months after release so no, its not just "the game is new".

But after a break I played a few more games with Lucio and I had a ton of fun. Hes an awesome character and the games were great, e straight wins with him and people were actually, you know, playing the game. Then I tried the engineer guy because it was a defense map and I loved him and it was also a great game even if I lost (so yeah I dont just like the game when I win). So im literally having a love-hate relationship with the game right now, which means ill still probably not buy it.

Its basically where I was with HotS when I quit, except I got there in 2 days instead of 6 months lol. My friend did point out that, unlike HotS which is f2p and anyone can play without a care in the world, this one requiring a purchase might mean when its out for realsies the afkers and general brain dead players will at the very least not be so abundant, one hopes. I just dont have the capacity to just not care about thise shit games where half the team isnt playing and shrug it off quickly and hope for a decent hame next time, Heroes killed that in me.

Edit: So right now its Mercy, Lucio, Bastion and Engineer guy for me. I still havent played most of the cast tho.

Nillansan

Holy shit, Nvidia Ansel allows for Super High Resolution screenshots (several times above 4K), free camera and 360 degree screenshots. Insane stuff, but I need to see the new GPUs now.

Started a new job, absolutely hate it and the stress is getting to me. I'm just going to go back to my fast food job where it wasn't high stress for nothing.

I don't mean to rant but you guys seem to listen to me and I thank you for that.

Sucks being so stressed that you can't even play your games.

Phawx

"How much faster is it!?!?"

Shows obtuse graph.

Haha. 980ti is a 2.5~ and the 1080 is a 4.5~ at the same power?

I have no idea how to interpret this graph

Pretty sure I'll just have to wait for HBM2 in 2017
The bit where he was praising balls touching being something incredible reminded me of Apple "inventing" the pen.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to independent 1070 reviews. Not keen to upgrade after only one model, so let's see what the future brings.

Phawx

Wait for Polaris™ or PS4K Neo™

Wait for HBM2 for nVidia or AMD.

Edit: Also eff me is nVidia looking to make yet ANOTHER proprietary video tech?

Edit edit: is this just multimonitor support?

Edit edit edit: hahaha, nVidia just explained AMD eyefinity and said you'd need three gpus to display to three monitors. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom