• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

V-IVM.jpg
=O

Oscar

I definitely recommend Charlie Murder for anyone who enjoys beat em ups.

There's leveling up, loot/gear, and moves with cooldowns. Punk rock aesthetic, nice music, and atmosphere. Overall, high quality couch coop for $10.

There's a lot of gore though.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I've been out of PC gaming since 2014 but I'm building my first PC in 7 years and throwing in a new i5 and 1070.

Any recommendations for greats that I've missed from the last 3 years or so? (Exclude Japanese-developed games)

Currently have the following on the to-buy list:
- Rise of the tomb raider
- Witcher 3
- Deus ex mankind divided
- FO4

I've been out of PC gaming since 2014 but I'm building my first PC in 7 years and throwing in a new i5 and 1070.

Any recommendations for greats that I've missed from the last 3 years or so? (Exclude Japanese-developed games)

- Witcher 3
- FO4
Even if you played Doom on console buy it again.

Mivey

now if someone could fix the gameplay,
I absolutely love classic survival horror Resident Evil. But RE4 is just it's own, perfect thing. I like that the series is exploring horror again, but you can't diss one of the most influential third person action games in existence.

Madventure

- Witcher 3
- FO4

I'd say take a look at the Devolver digital publisher weekend sale on steam at the moment, pretty much anything they do is a winner. Plus if you haven't been around steam for that long they have the refund policy now just try it out for less than 2 hours and you can ask for a refund (1 week or 2 hours of total game time)

Dead Cells is awesome so far. Feels amazing to control, amazingly crunchy feeling combat for a pixel art game, and has the sense of progression I like in my roguelikes. While I loved Enter the Gungeon, there were many runs that were just a waste of time because they never contributed to my progression.

I've just got the second gold upgrade so I keep 40% of my total when I die now. I can actually buy things from the shop! Right now I'm just treating every run like a Gold Run in Rogue Legacy, getting as many Cells as possible so I can get the upgrades needed for proper runs. I can get to a third area pretty regularly, but I've only gone further once. The sewers are ROUGH. I can't deal with the slugs that drop bombs when they die at all. The elite version is just NOPE NOPE NOPE and has ended many of many runs.

Would I enjoy Salt & Sanctuary if I'm enjoying this? I only ask because that's still on sale for another day or so.

City 17

Snakebird only uses the directional buttons. The concept is as simple as it gets but it gets fiendishly difficult
Seems right up my alley, I'll check it out.

SSR introduces new mechanics for new islands, they're built on top of the older rules, all done with the d-pad, so seemless that makes you wonder why they'd not been shown since the beginning, and the reasoning is to not overwhelm the player, and make him/her get a deep grasp of each rule before finding the new ones.

Plesiades

Just got back from Alien: Covenant.

Ridley Scott keeps trying to destroy the mystery behind the Aliens.

Time to reinstall Isolation and finish it.

Backlogger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-8C7E5B2C088CE9C8 - Taken by Tall4Life
Steamworld Heist -- MB-A6C45E62EF247EF6 - Taken by Cels

now if someone could fix the gameplay,
You can't fix what's already perfect.

- Witcher 3
- FO4
Prey is mandatory.

FLD

I keep forgetting that Vanquish is coming next week lol. It's kinda ridiculous what a simple mystery countdown can do for hype. I couldn't wait for the Bayonetta port and it wasn't even 100% confirmed but I keep forgetting about Vanquish despite having already bought it.

Anno

- Witcher 3
- FO4

If you like Deus Ex style games then take a look at any of Arkane's stuff. Dishonored 1/2 and Prey.

tuxfool

Banned
How deep does the loyalty to plastic boxes go to make a person this fucking petty?

I wondered this question myself, which is why I perused that person's twitter page.

In this case I'd say that person is just pure crazy, not some run of the mill console warrior, which are just dipshits of opportunity.

Nabs

That's a funny title, but do you really want to give him more attention than he's ever had in his life?

iiicon

- Witcher 3
- FO4

The Humble Monthly bundle sounds like a great way for you to catch up on indie games. The early unlock right now is Stellaris.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dead Cells is awesome so far. Feels amazing to control, amazingly crunchy feeling combat for a pixel art game, and has the sense of progression I like in my roguelikes. While I loved Enter the Gungeon, there were many runs that were just a waste of time because they never contributed to my progression.

I've just got the second gold upgrade so I keep 40% of my total when I die now. I can actually buy things from the shop! Right now I'm just treating every run like a Gold Run in Rogue Legacy, getting as many Cells as possible so I can get the upgrades needed for proper runs. I can get to a third area pretty regularly, but I've only gone further once. The sewers are ROUGH. I can't deal with the slugs that drop bombs when they die at all. The elite version is just NOPE NOPE NOPE and has ended many of many runs.

Would I enjoy Salt & Sanctuary if I'm enjoying this? I only ask because that's still on sale for another day or so.

From what I've seen of Dead Cells, S&S is nothing like it, except they are both 2D games I guess.

Jimrpg

How deep does the loyalty to plastic boxes go to make a person this fucking petty?

Yes!

That dude is a dweeb.

But honestly, I love my Vita physical collection. Like most people I have no interest in a physical PC collection. But for Vita its awesome even if physical means higher costs which I have endless debates whether to get the physical or on sale on PSN. This has also in turn affected me to pick up physical on PS4 when I can, even though the disc is near useless because the full game is played off the hard drive.

Kssio_Aug

So, I've finished Alan Wake today, and thought it was an amazing game! During the 1st chapter things were a bit slow, but from chapter 3 to the end I was totally hooked, tense and amazed by everything. Loved it! The end was a bit "WTF!" but since I enjoy stories that goes crazy like that I really appreciated it too.

I have this game on my backlog since 2012, but back then I was finding a bit frustrating the 1st chapter (was playing on Normal mode, which is the Hard mode from Xbox and didn't know). I changed it to easy started the campaing again, and it made things easier at the start. But at a certain point, when I dominated the controls and realized how to better approach each situtation, I realized that ammo and batteries were not a problem at this mode. But I was okay with it... the game atmosphere let me very tense, constantly, so having some extra resources helped me psychologically. lmao

Here are some spoiler free screenshots I took:

Now, hyped with Remedy games, I'm thinking about buying Quantum Break, but there are some things I'd like to know:
- Windows Store version or Steam version? Which is the one that runs better?
- Heard that QB has tons of cutscenes. Is it much more than Alan Wake?
- A more generic question: Would you recommend me Quantum Break?

Kssio_Aug

QB is nothing like Alan Wake.

I understand they're very different, but Alan Wake is very story driven too, and it seems to be the case with Quantun Break. So both shares the same developer company (Remedy) and this other characteristic.

I was wondering if, besides different games, Quantum Break is still a good game by it's own and if it has as much gameplay time as AW. Cause I was totally ok with Alan Wake play time, but heard many critics about it regarding QB.

Kudo

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I paid 10$ for QB and felt robbed.
Just stop with Alan Wake or go back to Max Paynes which are still great games, QB is just such a slog.
If you insist on playing it the Windows Store version is the DX12 and Steam is DX11 which performs better, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA

Dishonored 2 has some of the best level design I've seen in a game's beginning levels in quite a while. I really wish this ran well.

Gsync got me covered I guess. Will probably get as soon as it is $19.99 or lower.

Tizoc

- Witcher 3
- FO4
For whatever reason you already mentioned some of the must play non-jp games, any i would suggest are jp published or developed, but off the top of my head
Tho i would replace fallout 4 with new vegas
Prey and doom '16 are worth a look, as well as titanfall 2
Styx 1 and 2 if u like stealth games

dex3108

Wow, did you want to beat EatChildren's time?

Who knows :D I like the world and characters, i don't use Fast Travel unless i need to (traveling between maps), i don't use POI on map, i sue Friendly HUD mod...

Dishonored 2 has some of the best level design I've seen in a game's beginning levels in quite a while. I really wish this ran well.

Gsync got me covered I guess. Will probably get as soon as it is $19.99 or lower.

Arkane is currently unmatched when level design is in question in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom