• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

[Obligatory "It's already been shot multiple times by Capcom" post.]
11fvrfjasz94.png

Black Desert Online is pretty and fun, but the UI is a bit of a mess.

Spent 8 hours playing the game without realizing I had been playing all that long and reached level 19 too.

MMORPG 101: The first thing you gotta do is to customize the UI.

Black Desert is a second life, a sandbox, I can see people cherish it for a very long time with constant updates.

Alex_CWB

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alex_CWB, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Volgarr the Viking -- MB-CDE69C8AC82478E5 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 1 entrants total.

t1496181986z1.png

louiedog

Sorry, not a bloody steak guy myself. Do we know how the EA CEO likes his steaks?

Underdone, but don't worry someone will come around to finish it for you in a month. Would you like to buy some garnish for $9.99 in the meantime? Best value.

I finally started to play F.E.A.R after i found easy fix for bad fps problem. (thanks to the modder!) Game is fucking fun! Combination of shotgun (i can stock 170 ammo for it, wow!) and slow motion so satisfying! Don't forget about cool particle effects with destructible environment! Story seems interesting too, i wondering where is this going. Also praise the A.I, they generally doing clever things. After i finish first time, need to play again without any slow motion usage. :D

And glad there is a demo for F.E.A.R 2, i should check after i finish first, but i heard bad things about shooting and A.I.

Edit: Forgot to tell about how awesome sound design!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where do they sell Witcher 3 at that price? Which store?

He's making the joke that it's $5 more expensive on the PC because it's a better experience.

The actual answer to your question is that CDPR doesn't feel the need to be more aggressive with discounts on Steam because the game sells well enough as-is.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel -- MB-9CD7BDD0A2779547 - Taken by Tonton. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-C6C507C7BC31F999 - Taken by Orgen. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-D4598107111CC00A - Taken by sadblob. 1 entrants total.
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Spinball -- MB-4826C2FE94877C62 - Taken by Dangerblade. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Force -- MB-F00698CC2D26E2E6 - Taken by Freezard. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich -- MB-06956FE307B6E886 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.
Headlander -- MB-B7AFECD7979A48AA - Taken by voodooray. 11 entrants total.
Mafia II Director's Cut -- MB-BD836F909E52B138 - Taken by zebez. 3 entrants total.
Railroad Tycoon 3 -- MB-58A2A0768EB28EEB - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-B62A9AD2CA85F6D8 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-259751F6CADA0A09 - Taken by oni-link. 1 entrants total.
Wasted -- MB-B5CEC5AA115A4B84 - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Westerado: Double Barreled -- MB-EA1876767C807936 - Taken by someguyinahat. 1 entrants total.

t1496184840z1.png

yuraya

Where is the Steam version of Gwent? That is the better question to ask cdpr.

They've released that thing on every platform now except Steam.

Sad!

He's making the joke that it's $5 more expensive on the PC because it's a better experience.

The actual answer to your question is that CDPR doesn't feel the need to be more aggressive with discounts on Steam because the game sells well enough as-is.

I know and this is what I udnerstood too but look how many games have great discounts on PS4: Doom Full version only 25€ (many times), Mad Max only 10 €, now Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for 13€, Wolfenstein only 4€ and in few days we will get Life Is Strange and Killing Floor 2 for free through PSN Plus. Such deals will never happen on Steam.

JaseC

Where is the Steam version of Gwent? That is the better question to ask cdpr.

They've released that thing on every platform now except Steam.

Sad!

It'll be on Steam once it's out of beta.

I know and this is what I udnerstood too but look how many games have great discounts on PS4: Doom Full version only 25€ (many times), Mad Max only 10 €, now Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for 13€, Wolfenstein only 4€ and in few days we will get Life Is Strange and Killing Floor 2 for free through PSN Plus. Such deals will never happen on Steam.

Well, Doom and Mad Max have been cheaper on Steam, but I digress: deeper discounts aren't happening on Steam because the games sell well enough as-is, plus Valve doesn't eat into its own cut to offer lower prices as Sony sometimes does for PS+ members. Essentially, there's no need for publishers to "race to the bottom" if lower discounts are still attracting an acceptable amount of new customers.

Tonton

I know and this is what I udnerstood too but look how many games have great discounts on PS4: Doom Full version only 25€, Mad Max only 10 €, now Wolfenstein only 4€ and in few days we will get Life Is Strange and Killing Floor 2 for free through PSN Plus. Such deals will never happen on Steam.

Doom was 19,79€ on Steam already and Mad Max 6,79€

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know and this is what I udnerstood too but look how many games have great discounts on PS4: Doom Full version only 25€, Mad Max only 10 €, now Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for 13€ Wolfenstein only 4€ and in few days we will get Life Is Strange and Killing Floor 2 for free through PSN Plus. Such deals will never happen on Steam.

Mad Max has been 7.50 on steam and various tores that sell steam keys about 789 times in the last 2 weeks

Doom has been cheaper than 25€ on steam itself, let alone outside of steam. Like, were you hacked or something and this is someone using Plastica's account that never visited the steam thread before?

Doom was 19,79€ on Steam already and Mad Max 6,79€

Mad Max has been 7.50 on steam and various tores that sell steam keys about 789 times in the last 2 weeks

Doom has been cheaper than 25€ on steam itself, let alone outside of steam.

Well, Doom and Mad Max have been cheaper on Steam

Not Doom base game but DOOM Digital Deluxe which is normally 105€. Going from 105€ to 25€ is only tempting and happened many times. The only reason I didn't get it on PS4 is that the game doesn't have any PS4 PRO support. The game already runs in 1080p@60FPS on PS4. If they supported PS4 PRO, they would have had better graphical features and higher resolution so easily.

but I digress: deeper discounts aren't happening on Steam because the games sell well enough as-is, plus Valve doesn't eat into its own cut to offer lower prices as Sony sometimes does for PS+ members. Essentially, there's no need for publishers to "race to the bottom" if lower discounts are still attracting an acceptable amount of new customers.

It must be that.

yuraya

Is CDKeys authentic? Or does it have so many duplicate keys?

I believe they mostly sell physical codes. I can't speak for others but I never had any issues with them. bought from them like 6-7 times.

Also steam sale right around the corner you are probably better off waiting as deals for old games like that could be even better on steam (and other sites). Bundlestars always has good WB deals too so keep an eye out there.

Whoooa, the new Humble Bundle looks great. Definitely in for the top tier for Rain World. That turns out really good, right? People seem to say but that it's great but too hard?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I finally started to play F.E.A.R after i found easy fix for bad fps problem. (thanks to the modder!) Game is fucking fun! Combination of shotgun (i can stock 170 ammo for it, wow!) and slow motion so satisfying! Don't forget about cool particle effects with destructible environment! Story seems interesting too, i wondering where is this going. Also praise the A.I, they generally doing clever things. After i finish first time, need to play again without any slow motion usage. :D

And glad there is a demo for F.E.A.R 2, i should check after i finish first, but i heard bad things about shooting and A.I.

Be sure to play F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, it's an add-on for F.E.A.R. 1 you should own since it comes with the game on Steam. Extraction Point is 100% worth playing.

JaseC

Is CDKeys authentic? Or does it have so many duplicate keys?

It's not an authorised distributor, but it is about as reputable as a reseller can be. People generally don't have issues receiving a replacement/refund for an invalid key.

Mivey

For anyone who has played the Trails games with the speedhack function from CE: Is there a way of setting that up automatically? Having to start a separate tool each and every time kinda sucks. It's not a big issue, since I tend to for longer play sessions, but background program that does this would be nice.

louiedog

At least that sous vide ad came out before the steam sale. Now someone can shop a dollar sign onto the fork and make it into a gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom