• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

NuPrey is an amazing game, but whoever came up with the
repo man
mission can kiss my goddamn ass.

IVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR MY OBECTIVE FOR TWO HOURS

and still haven't found it grrrrrr

Sajko

Anyone bought stuff from WinGameStore before? Ordered Bioshock Infinite Season pass like 5 hours ago and Its still stuck at processing despite taking my money.

def sim

Yup, tried everything, both last year and two months ago, the game always crash after the tutorial for me.

Oh, that's too bad. It was one of the games I was curious about in the Star Wars bundle.

Missed out on the price error anyway, so whatevs. Maybe I'll play it on console.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I would love to be able to get through Scanner Sombre, with it's "fill out the world, discover a story" style of Adventure that I loved so much in Beyond Eyes, but man do all those tiny little dots and flickering red laser scans give me such a headache.

Now if that's not an issue for you, and you can easily find out just by watching a demo of it on youtube, I would recommend it still try out as a casual paced walk around adventure title.

anyone with experience with playasia's support?

My prey '06 key was a dupe.

I've had to deal with them a few times, although it was always in connection with physical game purchases. It has always been satisfactory. They're also fairly active on Twitter if you want to try contacting them there.

Phinor

Really glad I ignored almost all of the Prey hype/marketing/videos/media. I just launched the game yesterday knowing that it's a Prey reboot from Arkane Studios with coffee cups and not much else. So far this is a legit GOTY contender for me. Especially satisfying after the recent big publisher disappointments like ME3 and Dawn of War 3.

Jawmuncher

Really glad I ignored almost all of the Prey hype/marketing/videos/media. I just launched the game yesterday knowing that it's a Prey reboot from Arkane Studios with coffee cups and not much else. So far this is a legit GOTY contender for me. Especially satisfying after the recent big publisher disappointments like ME3 and Dawn of War 3.

Can it even be classified as a reboot? It has absolutely nothing to do with 2006 aside from the name. It isn't a case like DmC where it took the original concept and changed it around. Unless later in the game there's some big twists at play connecting it to 2006's prey which i doubt.

dex3108

I kinda started clearing my backlog of big AAA games and after Ryse, Episodes from Liberty City, Assassin's Creed Rogue and Bioshock 2 + DLC i decided to start Metro Last Light. It is kinda strange to be able to play that game maxed out at 60FPS :D

Can it even be classified as a reboot? It has absolutely nothing to do with 2006 aside from the name. It isn't a case like DmC where it took the original concept and changed it around. Unless later in the game there's some big twists at play connecting it to 2006's prey which i doubt.

Pretty sure they said that Besthesda instructed them not to include any references or nods to the original game. They should have just made this a new IP, in my opinion.

Jawmuncher

At least you got a key.

I got an email two hours ago I must click the link to get my key, still no key.

I had to do that. I clicked the link and it asked for me to put in an email verification code.
Asked for the verification code to be sent, copied it, went back to the original link put it in, and then got the code.\

Pretty sure they said that Besthesda instructed them not to include any references or nods to the original game. They should have just made this a new IP, in my opinion.

Sounds likely. Seems Bethesda just REALLY wanted to get something out of the name.

Pachimari

I feel like I should get playunknown battlegrounds, I have never played any of those, "Battle Royale", games. Is it worth the $30?

It's totally worth the $30 and right now you can get it 30% off on GMG. We are also growing as a community here on GAF on our Discord, so you'll be welcome for duo and squad games too!

Thorgal

So after cleaning up my drool from my Keyboard after seeing this Video of Kingdom come :Deliverance (ps he is using Reshade in the video ) i only have 3 questions :

1 When is this Beautiful game coming out ?

2 what is it ?

Is it going to be more elder scrolls like in a more realistic setting or more witcherly like ?

Pachimari

So after cleaning up my drool from my Keyboard after seeing this Video of Kingdom come :Deliverance (ps he is using Reshade in the video ) i only have 3 questions :

2 what is it ?

Is it going to be more elder scrolls like in a more realistic setting or more witcherly like ?

They are aiming for a very realistic medieval RPG and it's been delayed till 2018.

Oh great, language options in Halo Wars is tied to steam client properties, so game forcing me to play with russian audio which is inferior to original just as expected. At least devs are aware about issue and promised to fix it soon, but it's still annoying to have such problem in 2017, reminded me about old CoD games with butchered english audio for RU/CIS countries.

Hektor

Haven't finished it yet, but so far it's got nothing to do with OG Prey other than being a Sci-Fi game, both mechanically and narratively

Anteater

finished force unleashed 2, it's like the first game but with less skills and trying to be god of war, I think it's alright, if you want a star wars god of war game maybe you'll like it, I enjoyed it enough and think it's better than marlow briggs

Javier23

Banned

2 what is it ?

Haven't kept up with the game development, but I'm very much looking forward to get my hands on it. I just know it's made by former Illusion Softworks devs. Mafia, Hidden and Dangerous 2 and some of their other games had an insane level of attention to detail for their time that made them pure magic. So it's no surprise to me that I keep hearing about the extent they're going to in order to make the game as realistic and true to life as possible. This has a very high potential to be just as special as their former games.

I'm not going to get around to playing it anytime soon, but are there any glaring issues with the original PC version of Darksiders II? I prefer the more colorful, stylized look of the original to the generally more muted, relit and PBR-ified look of Deathinitive, and would rather play the former otherwise.

Hrm, I just broke combat in Expeditions: Viking by walking over a freshly-revived wolf as it attacked a hirdman. You see, combat units are supposed to take up a hex, but the tile was behaving as though it was open (apparently thinking the wolf was still incapacitated). It was clearly alive, having been revived and using its attack of opportunity, but well... then the game hardlocked so I guess not.

The Mother Wolf figured out how to save her kin, it seems. She outsmarted me and the developers all.

Just beat Titanfall 2 campaign. It was damn good, I'm hoping for a sequel.

One of my favourite shooter campaigns ever.

I picked up this last week:
web_Titanfall_BT7274.jpg

NeoRaider

I'm not going to get around to playing it anytime soon, but are there any glaring issues with the original PC version of Darksiders II? I prefer the more colorful, stylized look of the original to the generally more muted, relit and PBR-ified look of Deathinitive, and would rather play the former otherwise.

I had stuttering and i am not sure was it ever fixed. But i downloaded beta patch for the remaster and don't have any issues.

I would still recommend playing remastered version because of improved textures and lighting.

Kifimbo

If you are looking for a new game:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Necromonads -- MB-C48B48A8AAD29283 - Taken by dave is ok
Oniken -- MB-278BAEA91CCB3F9D - Taken by sixteen-bit

Wok

Fidel expected to ship this month.

MpthQsv.png

For me, this is the month for:
  • May 19: Dota2 "True Sight" documentary
  • May 19: Endless Space 2
  • May 19: The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
  • May 26: RiME
  • May XX: Fidel

Status