• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fidel expected to ship this month.

MpthQsv.png

For me, this is the month for:
  • May 19: Endless Space 2
  • May 19: The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
  • May 26: RiME
  • May XX: Fidel

yeah about time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-96A2DF5D4F879341 - Taken by Madventure. 6 entrants total.

t1494108119z1.png

Hektor

Finished Prey.

It's really damn good and very worthwhile. The way sidequests are implemented and impact your playthrough throughout the game is very well done. The story takes some time to get going tho, and only the ending really brigns something interesting to the table.

My face when people refer to it as "Bioshock in Space"

wn8jobI.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Prey.

It's really damn good and very worthwhile. The way sidequests are implemented and impact your playthrough throughout the game is very well done. The story takes some time to get going tho, and only the ending really brigns something interesting to the table.

wn8jobI.png

how long did it take you?

20.5 Hours, tho two of those where spend searching an NPC without making any progress

nice

Nzyme32

Really annoyed with Prey. FOV is ass. Change the FOV in the CFG but it is more fish eye than anything else. Then whenever I save, it resets the FOV back to the original mess.........

Hektor

The Deadly Tower of Monsters
6RXQ3-96HBG-MMHB6

Curious Expedition
46X5L-HT2VW-FEM4N

I screwed up their modbot giveaway so just take them as is

Ozium

Really annoyed with Prey. FOV is ass. Change the FOV in the CFG but it is more fish eye than anything else. Then whenever I save, it resets the FOV back to the original mess.........

what FOV do you normally use? it's defaulted to 85

Weird how it is resetting though, I changed mine to 90, which I normally use, and it hasn't shifted back at all..

Have to set the file to read only.

I hadn't set mine to read only and it still saved it, well. it changed it from "90" to "90.00000"

wonder if it's an issue with a different aspect ratio or a higher fov change

Hupsel

Heya guys! Have a key for Stellaris if anyone wants to trade. Needs to be a key as well, cant gift because Im in South America :<

Parsnip

Finished Alice: Madness Returns.

I wonder if it was mandated that every chapter has to have at least one slide and at least one unique (and often poor) gimmick section.
As I recall, the main reason why I moved on from it some 3 years ago was that the chapters felt like they are just one thirds too long. Not surprisingly, they still feel like that.

I'm glad I finished it in the end, but it's a bit of a bummer since in parts it feels like it was so close to being really good, but now it just feels a bit eh.

As an aside, as I was watching the credits and saw the EA Partners name, it reminded me that EA Originals is a thing. I don't think I've seen anything about that Fe game since they revealed it. And apparently EA also signed Sea of Solitude for their thing at some point.

If I remember correctly, EA Partners was closed down almost right after they got Alice 2 and Shadows of the Damned out, and not coincidentally those two games have a lot of similarities (same 2D segment, slides and geometry, etc) to where I do suspect that the EA manager (credited in both) more than made a few extra demands.
Alice 2 may also be the only game
to have DLC that exists to prove a point.

It's kind of weird how they both exist to make a point about gamers before Gamergate was even a thing though. Whether that may have been an EA demand too cannot be deduced from the design, which can only tell what was transplanted between the two games. Maybe there is a great postmortem somewhere that can tell.

They're both flawed in different ways, but I got a lot from their story reasons to exist, if you will. Also in SotD, main character Garcia Hotspur not being able to read good -with skull demon cringing at every line he fucks up- was funny.
(too bad it's console only)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nvidia control panel is not showing up for me. Has anyone here run into that problem before? I never had issues with it but today drops me the NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available which Ive never seen before. I read something about uninstalling the driver and using some tools to fix itbut I wonder if its possible to do something else

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Nvidia control panel is not showing up for me. Has anyone here run into that problem before? I never had issues with it but today drops me the NVIDIA Display Settings Are Not Available which Ive never seen before. I read something about uninstalling the driver and using some tools to fix itbut I wonder if its possible to do something else

Happened to me the other day I just did a clean install and it started showing up again. Very odd.

So, the Steam page for the sequel got approved, so I think that it's time for me to waste some more keys.

Maybe one of these keys is actually Pillars of Eternity.

One of these is not Pillars of Eternity. Because that's apparently not how Steam works anymore. You only have Gabe Newell to blame.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Army of Tentacles -- MB-47E0D968E17854A7 - Taken by Ventilaator
Army of Tentacles #2 -- MB-D8390D53F60A459E - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Army of Tentacles #3 -- MB-DA91CBF3F43516D0 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Army of Tentacles #4 -- MB-FA8B09E851634048 - Taken by Madventure
Army of Tentacles #5 -- MB-8A6C4791E9D47483 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-9D3C6C52956F2E33 - Taken by longlivegaming

I'm about halfway through The Room Two. The music and effects make things seem a lot more unsettling than they really are. Press a button, and you get this Lost-esque violin swell...skreeeeee.....you're missing a light bulb. Oh. Turn this dial...skreeeee....WHAM! Oh God, what the fuck did I do now? Oh, a desk opened. It's a game where you're half-expecting a jump scare at every turn, but it doesn't seem to ever happen. Which I guess I'm thankful for, since I hate jumpscares, but it still keeps me on edge.

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Broadsword : Age of Chivalry -- MB-5AD528EC55F3DD32 - Taken by MaxiLive
Epic Showdown -- MB-1326801A141B2425 - Taken by rainking187
Visitors -- MB-FE078A5FE3A4D423 - Taken by voodooray

take them

I haven't gotten too far into Prey thus far, right now I'm just a little past
the first time you enter microgravity
-- but this game is looking like the real deal to me, it's just checking so many of my boxes. This is the game that I wanted BioShock to be all those years back but it was too dumb and too far up its own ass to be. This game, right now, is giving me renewed hope in what games of this style can be in the modern day.

Are you using a value higher than 110?

Erekiddo

Finished Prey.

wn8jobI.png

But... isn't it Bioshock in space?

Expeditions: Viking hardlocked during a load... or just took a super long time (I never gave it time to find out). And after my first camping adventure, too.

EV pls.

Pixieking

Banned
Any generic discount vouchers for Bundlestars around? I'm tempted by the Panzer Corps bundle (top tier includes all-but-one DLC for the game), but $15 dollars is just a little out of my "what-the-hell-why-not?" range.

Grief.exe

Happened to me the other day I just did a clean install and it started showing up again. Very odd.

Clean install of Windows or Nvidia drivers? >.>

When you're installing the Nvidia drivers, select custom install and then tick the box for clean install.

Arulan

Expeditions: Viking hardlocked during a load... or just took a super long time (I never gave it time to find out). And after my first camping adventure, too.

EV pls.

What is the state of the bugs? I've read some troubling posts on the Codex.

I bought the game already, and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I've just been playing way too much Battle Brothers. Should I continue to wait for a patch or two?

I bought the game already, and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I've just been playing way too much Battle Brothers. Should I continue to wait for a patch or two?

I haven't had any hard crashes but I ran into an early scripting error where if you did the quest about
getting the wood for the longship
before the quest where you
raid the tomb for valuables
the game's story wouldn't continue. Worked fine the other way, they have fixed that now.

Most of the problems seem like scripting errors.

I'm one patch behind because 'cuz of GOG, but yeah maybe wait for another patch if you want a smooth experience. There's enough hardlocks and minor errors to mar the experience. It's not fundamentally broken or anything, but there's some very obvious rough edges in the UI and stability of the game that suggest it released before it was ready.

EV could end up to be quite a gem, provided it gets some more polish via patches. The foundation is definitely there. It's like Expeditions: Conquistador with a lot more ambition/budget behind it--like, it has solid writing and a lot of cool systems to back it up, plus dat setting.

Finally got all the endings in Nier Automato. Took about 60 hours.

man...what a depressing game lol

Took me 40 hours to get all the important endings. It's so depressing indeed.

I'll probably get all the endings when I get my hands on the PC version later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom