• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How many endings do the serious sam games have?

Just one:

wMHK4bK.gif

UltraJay

6PVOm7M.png

got around playing the pathologic remake demo

as a longtime fan of ice pick lodge's games i'm pretty happy with it, as a microcosm of what the real game is gonna be, it promises to be quite the experience, with the trademark lack of guidance that you'd expect from ipl

in this case i feel that sort of works against the game since i finished my demo time feeling like i'd missed stuff i didn't get to because of how tedious moving around is and how much the game relies on you just stumbling unto interesting things

lucky thing is that things you stumble unto are almost always very unsettling and bizarre, and the general tone of the whole thing carries the dread of the dying town really well. the writing is actually comprehensible this time, despite some weird lines, and you can get a sense of frustration and hopelessness from the bachelor that gives him character where in the little i played from original, all his dialogue just read as gibberish

so yeah, makes me very optimistic about the final game, i wasn't really pleased with how knock-knock came out (even tho i loved their kickstarter campaign and i'm really happy with my pledge) and i love the void so seems like good things are ahead

Keep in mind that the rerelease has fixed dialogue as well. Of course the visuals aren't up to snuff.

data

Steam wants me to confirm my e-mail for some reason, but it doesn't send me the e-mail. I can't even launch any games since it keeps telling me to confirm it

Edit: Nvm, I'm so stupid. Forgot I made all steam emails go to another folder.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366639.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2F7F75B8EFD525C9 - Taken by Card Boy. 15 entrants total.

t1493633830z1.png

Arthea

I have to wonder how soon we will see a fanpatch that reverts his name change.

Also, Durante alert:

One of Japanese Only, Console Exclusive Higurashi chapters has been translated and inserted into Steam/DRM free version of Higu Ch4.

eh, it's not a big deal, but I don't doubt somebody will do it anyway

that's nice! I didn't even know there were exclusive console stuff in there.

As if anyone would have time to play anything other then Trails the 3rd anyway!

exactly!

Pachimari

Can someone help me. When I go to Control Panel > Uninstall Program, I see Star Wars: The Old Republic listed but it only has a size file of 17.6MB. Can I assume this is a savegame file?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
indeed, this year has been crazy so far.

The past two or three years have been the final shedding of the traditional release cycles.
We have major releases and sales hits for every season.

But, then there is also speculation on how big AAA budgets can be, and how sustainable those studios are.

We have become Hollywood.

Tellaerin

Man, a new Dino Crisis updated with the latest science that we know about them. It would be awesome.

feather-dinosaur.jpg

I know current science says dinosaurs looked more like dinochickens, but a t. rex running around in a feather boa just doesn't have the same fearsome majesty as a straight up reptile.

A Fish Aficionado

I know current science says dinosaurs looked more like dinochickens, but a t. rex running around in a feather boa just doesn't have the same fearsome majesty as a straight up reptile.

Birds of prey are awesome and are vicious.
Just because they have feathers, doesn't mean their ferociousness goes away.
A great horned owl can be cat-like docile, but when attacking can be hardcore.

There have been several reports of owls attacking humans.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...eded-hospital-treatment-after-owl-attack.html

Some of the bigger birds get astronomical wingspans. The California Condor is 3 meters!

Tellaerin

Birds of prey are awesome and are vicious.
Just because they have feathers, doesn't mean their ferociousness goes away.
A great horned owl can be cat-like docile, but when attacking can be hardcore.

There have been several reports of owls attacking humans.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...eded-hospital-treatment-after-owl-attack.html

Some of the bigger birds get astronomical wingspans. The California Condor is 3 meters!

You're from Australia. Every creature is awesome, vicious and ferocious there. I can't even imagine what Australian dinosaurs must've been like.

Still waiting for new skse or longwar 1.3. At least it got me playing games in my backlog instead of games ive already *finished* (by my definition). Dreaming of someday having moddable yakuza 6.

A Fish Aficionado

You're from Australia. Every creature is awesome, vicious and ferocious there. I can't even imagine what Australian dinosaurs must've been like.
I'm am not JaseC.

I live near the beach in Los Angeles.
We do have the tar pits and several ancient fossils. Saber tooth tiger, wolly mamoths etc.

Coyotes and rattle snakes are common urban inflatrators.

Tellaerin

I'm am not JaseC.

I live near the beach in Los Angeles.
We do have the tar pits and several ancient fossils. Saber tooth tiger, wolly mamoths etc.

Coyotes and rattle snakes are common urban inflatrators.

Oh dammit, the avie threw me, lol. My bad! And I've seen coyotes loping through some of the streets of my town late at night, which I thought was kind of crazy in the suburbs.

A Fish Aficionado

Oh dammit, the avie threw me, lol. My bad! And I've seen coyotes loping through some of the streets of my town late at night, which I thought was kind of crazy in the suburbs.

We are pretty close.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/military/sd-me-marine-shark-20170430-story.html

We also have mountain lions which are protected, but in the past have caused several fatal attacks.

A roommate of mine also found a black widow spider as he was getting ready for bed.

Also, close to where I live are dozens of feral peacocks.
http://www.dailybreeze.com/social-a...re-the-rancho-palos-verdes-peacocks-have-gone

gelf

I wonder how much work it would take to just patch up the existing PC version of Dino Crisis and release it digitally. Similarly for other old PC ports that are unavailable now. It would be case dependant but it can't be that much surely? Especially if fan fixes already exist and you can use those. Seems to me like it would be a good way to pad out releases while more high effort ports are being worked on.

There are a lot of forgotten about Japanese PC ports. I feel if these games where western developed they would have been released on GOG at the very least years ago.

Kifimbo

I'd appreciate if you went and checked the data you provided for games the last month. Easy way to see which was a true bomba, and which had sales pick up.

Last month Bad/Bomba category, updated
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - 7,064 ± 2,368 (only about 2000 more copies)
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - 2,078 ± 1,284 (basically the same number)
Has-Been Heroes - 3,740 ± 1,723 (about 2000 more copies)
Danmaku Unlimited 3 - 1,039 ± 908 (basically the same number)

Last month Too early to tell category, updated
Rain World - 14,959 ± 3,446 (added around 10,000)
Snake Pass - 8,934 ± 2,663 (added around 5,000)
Beat Cop - 24,309 ± 4,394 (ten times more copies)

MadGear

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - 2,277 ± 1,408

Not unexpected. I honestly think that, considering the pricing, this standalone version is a terrible deal and idea in general. Not because the campaign is bad, but one version gives you access to 3 campaigns (+1 when the King Knight campaign releases) instead of just one and in addition they don't even offer a discounted upgrade option for owners of that version ... which is just odd to me.

I finished route C in Nier. While it's indeed better than routes A & B, it's still a HUGE disappointment for me. I enjoyed some parts of this game, but i still hate it with passion. I'm not saying that Nier is bad game, i just really don't understand some of design choices. My main complain is still about how dreadful and bad openworld in this game. It had a negative impact on narrative for me, while all those route C events are potentially awesome, i couldn't care less about them because almost everything happened in the same fucking environments - running around this ruins and goddamn forest over and over again is so exhausting! Repetitive nature of this game is really painful, because story and combat is great, but you wasting most of your time on some unnecessary backtracking shit. Hacking was fun first 20-30 times, but it started to become repetitive very soon, even levels for boss fights were the same. Even a music, my god, i loved it at first hours, but now i can't stand those female vocal parts because they were repeated in every dramatic scene, i hear them in my nightmares now. Was it really necessary to bury all great parts of the game under endless fillers that mostly doesn't have any really interesting info to say? Again, some sidequests are great, but there is much more boring "visit points A, B, C and D in different places of map and then return to quest giver for reward". Just why...

Oh, and i want to talk about this prick 9S. Jesus Christ, this one of the most annoying and dumb characters i've ever encountered in videogames. Seriously, this guy is always complaining and overreacting about everything, he drives me nuts every time i was forced to see scenes with him. And he's ESPECIALLY annoying in comparing how cool and awesome is
A2
, she's absolutely brilliant character, how she reacts on all those events is simply great. I wished to see her as main protagonist, but i guess
she's dead
so dream is dead too. Route C ending was a huge let down, they gave me hope that i'll finally be able
to kill 9S
and would never see him again, but nope! When
A2 suddenly said "take care of him" and saved his ass again
, i was internally screaming
NOOO, FOR FUCK SAKE, DON'T DO THIS, JUST LEAVE HIM ON THIS GODDAMN TOWER IF YOU CAN'T KILL HIM BECAUSE OF 2B's MEMORIES
. But i guess that's typical anime thing,
every likable and sane character should tragically die while most annoying heroes will survive no matter what
, but it's still fucking depressing. I really don't want to start route D, because i'll probably see and be forced to play with that dumbass again.

This game, what a fucking rollercoaster. While there is a lot things to hate, there is also things i still love - some story parts was great, despite very limited locations where this story takes place, every character except 9S are well--written. And combat (not hacking, fuck hacking) is still fun, main reason why i'm still playing Nier. It's looks and plays awesome, especially with Devola and Popola combat chips like continuous combos and slow-mo near projectiles.
I didn't had such weird love/hate relations with videogame for a very long time. I'm not regret buying it for full-price though, this is quite an experience for sure, just not always pleasant unfortunately. One of the games i'll probably never going to replay again in the future. Still need to see what will happen in those D, E, G, F, W, Q and whatever routes.

240 something friends and only two own What Remains of Edith Finch and Little Nightmares :/ Only started playing the second but a week after beating Edith and it's still lingering far more than any other gsme I've played recently. Short but perfectly paced.

Ludens

Banned
Completed Automata for the second time, that preview in the end gave me MGSV feelings.
Is the third play long like the first two or is it shorter?
Also I'm 72% with sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom