• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the first play took me around 7-8 hours, this one pretty much the same but I did a lot of sides, so remaining routes are around 4 hours (I mean, 2 hours each)?

Its actually only one route left.

In the end you make some decision and after that you can chapter select, select the last one again and make the other decision.

Jawmuncher

I had a dream that I fought satan just so I could play the REAL prey 2.
It was a monkey paw wish though, since it was the ios version.

Capcom forgot about the pass. Let it go.
bb6fd0904d.gif

I had to watch this a dozen times to figure out it wasn't Wolverine throwing that person in the air.

The original Prey 2 would have turned into another open world collecthon, and district based bounty hunting so I'm glad we're at least getting a real System Shock 2 successor
hopefully

Jawmuncher

The original Prey 2 would have turned into another open world collection, and district based bounty hunting so I'm glad we're at least getting a real System Shock 2 successor
hopefully

At this point in time we have more games like System Shock than we do Bounty Hunter games though.

Interested to replay Inside after Little Nightmares. Really enjoyed the former but I felt like it went off the rails and just got weird towards the end in a way that felt tonally inconsistent

Arminsc

Interested to replay Inside after Little Nightmares. Really enjoyed the former but I felt like it went off the rails and just got weird towards the end in a way that felt totally inconsistent

Yeah, with Iside that felt like a really weird change. I enjoyed the atmosphere and artstyle a lot up until the last part, where I was almost laughing at how absurd that was.

Huh, just noticed Hearthlands. It's a fantasy city builder with a bit more strategy elements involved; it kinda sounds like Tropico, actually. I haven't heard a word about it, but the pitch alone is enough to intrigue me.

It may be the Hinterland successor I've been seeking for so long.

Arminsc

Huh, just noticed Hearthlands. It's a fantasy city builder with a bit more strategy elements involved; it kinda sounds like Tropico, actually. I haven't heard a word about it, but the pitch alone is enough to intrigue me.

It may be the Hinterland successor I've been seeking for so long.

I played a bit some time ago and it feels a lot like the old Impressions games like Pharaoh or Caesar but it has pretty cool additions involving magic and alchemy stuff since it's more in a medieval fantasy setting.
I played when it was still in early access and I hope the tuned the balance a bit because on most games I was doing relatively good and could lose in secods because an agry pack of wolves decided so lol

I played a bit some time ago and it feels a lot like the old Impressions games like Pharaoh or Caesar but it has pretty cool additions involving magic and alchemy stuff since it's more in a medieval fantasy setting.
I played when it was still in early access and I hope the tuned the balance a bit because on most games I was doing relatively good and could lose in secods because an agry pack of wolves decided so lol

Thanks for the impressions.

I didn't realise it was EA before... I, uh, kinda have zero faith that any Early Access games will hit 1.0, so I just ignore them until they do. Which explains why I had it marked as "Not Interested" until now.

Arminsc

Thanks for the impressions.

Pun intended? lmao

I didn't realise it was EA before... I, uh, kinda have zero faith that any Early Access games will hit 1.0, so I just ignore them until they do. Which explains why I had it marked as "Not Interested" until now.

Yeah, I just got dragged in because I loved Paraoh, but the bad balance threw me off and I just played like 2 or 3 maps. I should go back and play a bit more to see if that's better now.

29,99$/29,99€/24,99£ with 10% launch discount last I checked.

With the 10% discount and the card money I've been saving for it I'll end up paying around 20. I'm really broke so I'm glad I'll be able to cut the cost a bit, god bless steam cards.
I'm bracing myself for the steamspy numbers for this one.
Both the games and XSeed deserve so much more, it really pains me. If I were rich I'd buy a ton to give away on gaf.
As it stands my wife would kill me if she knew just about this purchase lol.

Oh well, I hope it at least cracks 10k at launch.

Sorry, no anime allowed.

I'd agree with this but I would let this slide because who would have ever and I mean EVER believed we would see the entire Trails in the Sky series localized and released on one platform. It's definitely worth a spot on this month's highlights.

Phawx

What is UP Steam Friends!

Weirdly enough, I'm looking forward to Birthdays The Beginning. Not sure what to make of it, but it does look intrigo

Javier23

Banned
Interested to replay Inside after Little Nightmares. Really enjoyed the former but I felt like it went off the rails and just got weird towards the end in a way that felt tonally inconsistent
I, for one, think playing Little Nightmares after finishing Inside didn't work out in favor of the former at all. Little Nightmares is decent-ish, but it's just made me appreciate Inside so much more in every single department. It's a much more polished, well thought out and creative endeavor than that of Little Nightmares.

dex3108

I am now playing Bioshock 2 Remastered and some effects are still 30FPS :/ It is really annoying when everything else is ok. I can play it at 4K/60 maxed out on my 2600K (@4.3GHz) and GTX1060.

UltraJay

you tell them, Ningen

ignoring one of the best series on steam, how can they look into a mirror after this?

If that Switch PC Streaming program pans out I may just pick up TitS 1 again. I've been having so many problems with my Nvidia Shield Portable that I don't know if it would work well with it and the Switch has a bigger screen anyways so...

In completely unrelated news, I found a save I had thought lost from back in 2015. A save from near the end of the Fate route in Fate/Stay Night. It wasn't in My Documents when I checked weeks ago, and I have that synced to OneDrive so I thought I was screwed. Turns out, I was playing it natively on my Surface Pro instead of streaming it from my main PC and my save was still there right next to the install location.

It reminded me of when I almost thought I lost my Nier Automata save... but I had just changed My Documents to be used by OneDrive in OneDrive's settings so the game started pointing in a different direction (and started Steam Cloud syncing newer saves there as well).

I really wish I had more control over where games save. Sometimes I even wish I could make some games truly "portable" (in the application sense) but I know that is impossible with bigger games most of the time.

Like... I can choose where to install 'em, Why am I at the whim of whatever My Documents folder they want? Inside My Games? Maybe, maybe not. In the root of My Documents? Completely outside My Documents? In... *shudder* AppData? Sometimes inside a folder named after the publisher... then the sequel is fucking not? Sometimes in a folder with a TYPO?!

It's infuriating.

I think I'm done with the Fallout Shelter game. It was fun for a while but once you build everything there isn't much to do besides quest. And quest are very repetitive with no real variety.

Game has some good ideas and could have been better fleshed out.

Ascheroth

Psyched for Trails 3, I even did some Trails 3 and Ys VIII fanart.

Also yeah, excluding Trails 3 from highlighted games cause "hah hah anime is dumb" is really lame.

I assumed that was a joke and it's just because no one sent a write-up in.
Which apparently Se7ensword called dibs on. What happened? :)

Also, this totally flew over my head because the mere announcement shook me enough, but Cold Steel is already this summer? Holy fucking Falcom.

And totally unrelated, I started up Xenoblade Chronicles again.
My god the world and areas in this game are so awesome and beautiful. I'm currently in Valak Mountains and the verticality is so freaking great.
Also, I think I didn't even have Shulk in my party most of the time. Maining Melia right now.

I assumed that was a joke and it's just because no one sent a write-up in.
Which apparently Se7ensword called dibs on. What happened? :)

Also, this totally flew over my head because the mere announcement shook me enough, but Cold Steel is already this summer? Holy fucking Falcom.

No idea then!

Also yeah, it's nuts. Once Trails 3rd is out there's still two Cold Steel games coming in the summer and then Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu. Not as excited for Tokyo Xanadu but still wanna check it out.

5 Falcom games in a year and who knows if Xseed has some other old title being ported for the year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Last month Bad/Bomba category, updated
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - 7,064 ± 2,368 (only about 2000 more copies)
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - 2,078 ± 1,284 (basically the same number)
Has-Been Heroes - 3,740 ± 1,723 (about 2000 more copies)
Danmaku Unlimited 3 - 1,039 ± 908 (basically the same number)

Last month Too early to tell category, updated
Rain World - 14,959 ± 3,446 (added around 10,000)
Snake Pass - 8,934 ± 2,663 (added around 5,000)
Beat Cop - 24,309 ± 4,394 (ten times more copies)

February:
Bad/Bomba
Bleed 2 - 3,948 (was 2,774)
LIT - 936 (was 1,261)

Too early to tell
River City Ransom: Underground - 31,580 (was 8,322)
Stories Untold - 12,050 (was 1,718)

January
Bad/Bomba
Might & Magic Showdown - 3,324 (was 3,668)
Rocketbirds 2 Evolution - 8,726 (was 2,805)
Pictopix - 6,441 (was 1,965)
The Legend of Dark Witch Episode 2 -The Price of Desire - 931 (was 643)

Aaron D.

Ugh.

I think I pulled a muscle at the gym, somewhere in my left shoulder/bicep area. It's not tooo bad as I've got full rotation. But it smarts when situated in a couple distinct positions.

I might actually be relegated to right-hand, mouse-exclusive gaming for the next few weeks.

Woof.

Good thing I'm a CK2 nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom