• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

1. who cares about the title, zeliard just gonna change it anyways
2. why do the same shit games go on weekly shit sales every shit week?
3. speaking of shit, paranautical activity is out of early access
4. muffugga cheddaz deletes a ton of people and then believes the onus is on us to re-add him... hahaha no

I know what you need - stuff I don't need.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

White Noise Online -- MB-D145D1306EC70F72 - Taken by gaiadyne
Borealis -- MB-0BE2999D2F8200D9 - Taken by Cth
vRvbDCu.png
Mass Effect 3 M-90 Sniper Rifle DLC (Origin) -- MB-F39F88755F1C1A18 - Taken by GaussTek
Men of War -- MB-83874A5B62C379FB - Taken by nature boy
Antisquad -- MB-F1067E1807856509 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Konung 2 -- MB-BDD72C5C6C384105 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Konung 3 -- MB-365D8466C5366E02 - Taken by Aitor
PGP3OVL.png
Aliens Versus Predator Classic (GOG) -- MB-F6B3904805C8AEA4 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by bobnowhere
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-DC385C85ED73556F - Taken by Tesseract
Mr. Bree Plus -- MB-D2D2F9513CB3B282 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Driftmoon -- MB-3932460FF274C4D3 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
\

def sim

It's nice to see two games selling over a million copies on steam announced today. It's especially nice that they are two very different, and creative games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Buying both editions of Firefall netted me 14 drops. And I bet not one of those is going to be a foil.

At the moment I am contemplating on giving someone else the Steam thread to run for a while or just keep altogether. Work has been really hectic and while the November thread should be fine and away from conflicts I am not sure with the rest. I would like to do the December thread and try and get the Steam GOTY voting over and done with as there is some respite there and hopefully allow someone to start fresh in January with a new OP if they want a change in layout.

<snip>

I suppose I could take over if you do decide to "retire" since I'm pretty much always here as it is, however I'd need someone to help with the banners/icons, so to that end, if somebody else wants the job, who could also handle the artistic side of things (e.g. Grief), it'd probably be better idea to hand the reins over to them instead.

Maniac

Banned
Heh, already found the tutorial, but cheers! ^^

1. who cares about the title, zeliard just gonna change it anyways
3. speaking of shit, paranautical activity is out of early access
4. muffugga cheddaz deletes a ton of people and then believes the onus is on us to re-add him... hahaha no
Is... Paranautical Activity the shit, or simply shit? I played it ages ago and it was... Eh.

And oi u! My thread title was EXCELLENT. Except for the parenthesis' and the lack of a space between Russian and bear. No Russian Bear... Bears? Would've been glorious, I'm telling you!

This is why I don't give my input on serious business

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The lore that was established at some point (I think it came up in one of the threads a few months ago) is that the weeklong games are sold on a predetermined cycle that varies for different games. Even games that have only appeared in the weekly deals once will one day return, but their cycle is not yet complete.

Steam has the deepest lore.

Grief.exe

At the moment I am contemplating on giving someone else the Steam thread to run for a while or just keep altogether.

I'd be interested in taking on the thread again in your absence. Keep me posted.

How much time do you have on your hands? :p

Well, that depends. The three seasons of Avatar are around 500 minutes each, so it's a little under 25 hours long. The three seasons of Korra already available are around 300 minutes each (Book 2 is slightly longer, but we'll round down), so it's around 15 hours not including the few episodes of the new season.

So a long time, basically.

Not that much time!

Ozium

Heh, already found the tutorial, but cheers! ^^

Is... Paranautical Activity the shit, or simply shit? I played it ages ago and it was... Eh.

And oi u! My thread title was EXCELLENT. Except for the parenthesis' and the lack of a space between Russian and bear. No Russian Bear... Bears? Would've been glorious, I'm telling you!

This is why I don't give my input on serious business

Paranautical Activity isn't that bad, actually, but the devs are tosspots that make Phil Fish seem like a stable person

edit: how's road not taken.. considering dropping 2 keys and a mann up ticket on it. russia4lyfe

I don't know anything about Korra, but I'm terribly excited for the game. I just know that Platinum will not disappoint.
Please bring Vanquish and Bayo to PC Platinum!

Dr Dogg

Well we've been here before but I know all too well about work taking over any and all free time you might have and can definitely appreciate that the last thing you want to be doing when you get in is repurpose the Steam thread for us bunch of looneys. Valve and Steam news has been pretty slow the later half of the year but recommendations seems to be picking up now (sorry about that). Maybe do a Have I Got News For You thing and have a different 'guest' thread creator each month until you're into some kind of normal routine (what ever one of those is as I'm either got nothing on or deadline panicking every day).

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Since the last thread just got locked.

The Legend of Korra Banner is Lazy.

Just a squished Box Art. Not even the logo on there.

Not a big deal but come on, how hard would it have been to put in a little more effort.

I'm way OCD about stretched images.

The little banner seems to be okay.
capsule_sm_120.jpg

Nete

For those who could be interested on it, and after nearly a year in Early Access, Door Kickers has been officially launched today, adding three campaigns to all the content it already had and with more features to come. The game is a top down tactical SWAT game with tons of randomization, playable in pausable real time or creating a pre-mission plan (or both). And is pretty good on what it does.

More_Badass has made a nice game thread with extra info.

http://a.pomf.se/wmpprv.webm

Miguel81

New thread and the beautiful Alien banner is gone :(

And I'm still not finished with the game. So close, though.

The Humble Bundle Flash includes Lone Survivor DC. That's an excellent survival horror game by Jasper Byrne.

These threads move way to fast. Haven't been able to catch up lately, I'm not having a lot of free time sadly :(

I will continue playing Alien Isolation as soon as I finish Second Son on PS4.

MRORANGE

I suppose I could take over if you do decide to "retire" since I'm pretty much always here as it is, however I'd need someone to help with the banners/icons, so to that end, if somebody else wants the job, who could also handle the artistic side of things (e.g. Grief), it'd probably be better idea to hand the reins over to them instead.

I'd be interested in taking on the thread again in your absence. I will keep me posted.

Thanks you too, I'll see how it goes for Nov/Dec and decide if I should step down after that,keep you updated with that.

Well we've been here before but I know all too well about work taking over any and all free time you might have and can definitely appreciate that the last thing you want to be doing when you get in is repurpose the Steam thread for us bunch of looneys. Valve and Steam news has been pretty slow the later half of the year but recommendations seems to be picking up now (sorry about that). Maybe do a Have I Got News For You thing and have a different 'guest' thread creator each month until you're into some kind of normal routine (what ever one of those is as I'm either got nothing on or deadline panicking every day).

Good idea, I'll take this into account, most of the times the work comes into heaps which usually occurs when I've got to make the steam thread unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom