• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Yeap Nvidia is getting lazy without strong AMD, and AMD doesn't even try anymore.

New record?

eVNTjfz.jpg

It has to be, last one was 9.8 mln if I remember it correctly

10 million was reached before during the summer sale - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1062781 - and shortly after it also reached 10.2 million, but I think that is still a record thus far.

Arthea

I'm sure there's a MGS cycle akin to the Zelda one where eventual folks come round to a past title after time. Just look at MGS2 now, gets a lot more credit and praise after the dust has settled.

They're the worst kind!

I know!

10 million was reached before during the summer sale - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1062781 - and shortly after it also reached 10.2 million, but I think that is still a record thus far.

It seems I have to catch up on statistics

People get too sensitive over this game with extremely thin plot.

Easy to say after finishing the game.

Honestly after MGS4, I don't think one should put much faith into any MGS story Kojima thinks up :V Particularly one that features a Horse Poop Button and the ability to Fulton sheep.
Also one where they use modern terminology and themes in 1970s-1980s settings.

I didn't go into this expecting a good story, I'm not crazy, though that doesn't mean I want it spoiled.

Maniac

Banned
Get widdit peeps.

JIYNzRm.png

Although the Clicker Heroes count is super inflated because I forgot to close it down when I left for an entire week, lol

Same for Godus with a weekend... Although all dat clickin bubblez takes time.

Also had about 1300 hours of CS:S on my old account, which I lost over 6 years ago.
i duno what's worse

doto or guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns

Doto is like LoL only better

so guns guns guns guns guns

Can we agree on the fact that Smite is worse? Also fuck HiRez' CEO or whatever, fuck Bart. Fuck him in the ass.

Tizoc

Easy to say after finishing the game.

I didn't go into this expecting a good story, I'm not crazy, though that doesn't mean I want it spoiled.

Just an FYI you're worried about getting spoiled over a story from an otaku. Let that sink in for a bit :V

about MGSV sales on steam
http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=METAL+GEAR+SOLID+V
does it include the keys from other sites ( number of people theta activate the game on steam ) ?
or just bought from steam ?

AFAIK Steamspy crawls the player data to derive its stats, so as long as it's a Steam copy and the player's profile is public it will be counted. It won't be 100% accurate, but it will be pretty close as far as Steam sales are concerned.

People on gaf like Gone Home fgs! what more proof do you need that people can like whatever the hell they wish to like and not necessary what's good, or close to perfect or better or superior, etc.
I've had more fun watching paint dry than playing Gone Home.

I'm sure there's a MGS cycle akin to the Zelda one where eventual folks come round to a past title after time. Just look at MGS2 now, gets a lot more credit and praise after the dust has settled.

I think it's more people who tend to dislike a game get tired of talking about it eventually because they don't like it. The don't have the same level of passion or interest to continue discussing it. While the people who enjoy it continue to discuss it, eventually the conversation around the game just sort of becomes an echo chamber.

Maniac

Banned
I feel like I play some games a lot, but then I see other people's times and I feel inferior.

I think my problem is I have too many games to play, and I end up playing so many. As of the last 4 or so years, I've completed over 100 games per year, most being around 5-11 hours long.

Also to that dirty confession, I bring up I almost always play games in 720p windowed mode, but this is partially because of all the streaming/recording I do and my own set-up, since of my monitor it takes up most of my screen anyways but enough to see the chat and recording output, there's no room where I am to put a second monitor anywhere practical so I make due with what I've got.

---

Speaking of beating games, I just beat Old City: Leviathan. I liked it, but I feel it's a game most wouldn't like. It's a walking simulator with wonderful art direction and graphics, some really striking scenes, beautiful music, and hidden scenes and some horror elements, but the narrative was almost told entirely in exposition dumps, of both the talking to yourself kind and long files that go on for pages, and the narrative eventually went on overly about perception and truth and how it leads to conflict and war that we must all believe in some pre-perceived truth and deflect that which challenges our views rather than taking the journey to understand others. The writing was good, and I ended up enjoying the narrative (ending was okay), and the horror elements were nice and sometimes even super subtle, but as a whole I'd find it a hard game to recommend to most unless they were interested in investing time to explore the world (actually had a lot of branching and interconnecting pathways) and read everything, which takes a while.

You have nothing to feel inferior about. Whilst I may have some damn high playtimes, like The Witcher 3 at 153 hours, Skyrim at 437(!) Terraria at 122, FO New Vegas at 110, GTAV at 78, Divinity: Original Sin at 78, Dark Souls 1 at 50, Gothic 3 at 50, The Witcher 1 on 42, Dark Souls 2 at 40 and so on so forth, I've yet to complete a single one of these aforementioned games, in a ridiculous amount of time in which you could complete hundreds of great games. That's what I feel inferior about.

Although I did finish The Witcher 1, but that was prior to having it on Steam. ^_~'

And now I've started playing MGSV without finishing TW3, and already have some 40 hours clocked. :|

L.O.R.D

i heard the next update will remove the "romance" part from the game...is that true ?

i steam can i chose which version i want ? or only in GOG i can chose the updates ?

edit : my friend told me that and now he replied to me he read it the wrong way

It's not madness, but sleep deprivation. The power of the mind overwhelms that of the body, inducing madness-like symptoms but not true madness.
i heard the next update will remove the "romance" part from the game...is that true ?

i steam can i chose which version i want ? or only in GOG i can chose the updates ?

What are you talking about? The Witcher 3's Triss dialog update? That will only be adding things to the game, to flesh out Triss' romance path. It's in response to criticism that the Triss romance path felt less developed than the Yennefer one.

CDPR listens and delivers.

Maniac

Banned
Also, people need to be careful with the MGSV talk.

I was under the impression that this was an important aspect of the game's plot, so thanks for telling me in advance that it isn't, I guess.

If it helps, there's just about no fucking plot. Left 4 Dead has more of a plot.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist feels a lot more meaty in the story department.

It legitimately does.

And I played through that entire game without having any idea what was going on. But as we all know, Kojima is a story-telling mastermind

He's a good game designer, but he isn't a hollywood director even if he wants to be.

Also RIP MGS.
Kojima exploited every oppurtunity to sexualize Quiet, why should I be the one who's ashamed?

Because... You're xenophobic and just don't understand japanese culture, mkay!? You should be ashamed because you don't realise that women are objectified, overly sexualised and don't have equality at all. That's on you.
It's not madness, but sleep deprivation. The power of the mind overwhelms that of the body, inducing madness-like symptoms but not true madness.

What are you talking about? The Witcher 3's Triss dialog update? That will only be adding things to the game, to flesh out Triss' romance path. It's in response to criticism that the Triss romance path felt less developed than the Yennefer one.

CDPR listens and delivers.

CDPR is hella sexy, although I'm miffed that it doesn't sound like we'll be getting a REDKit for TW3, despite it being promised pre-launch :/

TW3 has a lot more modding potential than TW2 ever did. Openworld games can have a ton more stuff modded in without feeling out of place, so it's damn disappointing. I guess one can hope it'll arrive with one of the expansions, but since they said they didn't have any plans for it, I'm not exactly hopeful.

Maniac

Banned
Hope things get better.

------

@maniac

How far are you in mgsv? Story picks up a lot closer to the end. That along with tapes is definitely more than l4d.

If we're counting tapes we might aswell count the comics for L4D.

Bam! L4D wins again.
ayaFYl6.png

Edit: If we are indeed counting tapes we should at the very least count the safehouse messages.

And then L4D wins yet again.
ayaFYl6.png

Arthea

I loved Gone Home :-(

Then you are part of the problem! I wouldn't be half as pissed if I bought it in a bundle, played 10 minutes and decided it's junk not worth my time, but I bought it after steamgaf hyped it to stratosphere, as in the best thing, unlike like Dear Esther and I stuck with it waiting for it to get any good, it never did and you know the rest.

honestly, I don't remember was you among those that swayed me

That's why I'm so not sure about Life is Strange, scenario reminds me Gone Home a tad too much.

Jawmuncher

If we're counting tapes we might aswell count the comics for L4D.

Bam! L4D wins again.
ayaFYl6.png

Edit: If we are indeed counting tapes we should at the very least count the safehouse messages.

And then L4D wins yet again.
ayaFYl6.png

So I take it you haven't beaten it.

Grief.exe

The MGSV copies shipped thread is an utter disaster.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107755

People are outright saying that PC sales are a joke, and it will sell significantly better on PS3. Completely oblivious to changing market conditions, instead citing that, MGS games sell better on Playstation.'

I'll leave you with this delightful nugget.

No, PC numbers are more available than anything else.
who cares ? MGS fanbase is mostly on playstation

My top, I'm really ashamed about Clicker heroes being at the top, but as it's idle time mostly, it doesn't really count

untitled-321sseu.jpg

and aside from it I have nothing in common with steamgaf as usual

I would say CivV would have more overlap with the SteamGAF demographic than anything else.

Jawmuncher

People are outright saying that PC sales are a joke, and it will sell significantly better on PS3. Completely oblivious to changing market conditions, instead citing that, MGS games sell better on Playstation.'

The newest UK thread is shutting people up. 360 and PS3 seem to have no push on the sales.

Jawmuncher

http://steamcharts.com/app/290490

1 playing 37 min ago
7 24-hour peak
154 all-time peak

I guess The Flock will never actually see the end.

As sad as it is, this is what I expected for it. Understandable people were mad about the idea of it ending. But in reality it was never going to get there. Unless the devs made the requirement low. Always seemed more like something to help people know about the game.

dex3108

We all know that PC is worst platform for games and developers/publishers shouldn't bother with PC releases. Especially Japanese devs/publishers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom