• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea this is why I didn't get it. Somehow MH is the only game in the genre that provides fun, challenging fights that require more than just hitting the mob over and over with no other thought. It's the only genre I can think of that has one game series miles past the rest.

I just wonder what the reason is that those "clones" all are just hack and slash games where you dont need any tactics, while MH remains the hardest ones.

Like God Eater has all those different stats, skills and elements, but somehow it doesnt matter, since they dont affect much. The bosses till now are a joke and require no tactics whatsoever, you dont really need to grind for anything (which is great) but you also cant upgrade your weapons till you reach certain ranks (I have all items for a rank 8 weapon, but since I am just in rank 6, I cant upgrade it).

Toukiden was similar. The enemies just changed colors, got more HP and hit more, but actually you just take longer to kill them. They didnt get any harder.

derFeef

Speaking of MH and God Eater. Soul Sacrifice would be a good game on PC, you know... :-/
It's really great.

edit: Freedom Wars is also good apparently?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've been running into an issue the last few times I've had parties at my house. I walk over to my PC, press the toggle switch on my footrest HDMI switcher to toggle it over to my computer, use my Steam Controller to start big picture and pick a game, and then launch it. Normally when people are over we play some Jackbox, so all the games are controlled on our phones. Then, 3 or so minutes into the game, my computer says "well, no activity detected" and shuts off my TV. It doesn't matter in most games because you're actually holding the Steam controller, but in Jackbox no one is touching a controller. And then I say "d'oh, meant to turn off power settings", but it's annoying to pause, walk back to the computer, switch the HDMI back to the monitor, go into power settings, etc.

Is there any way to EITHER a) tell Windows to override power settings when a given executable is running or b) tell Steam Big Picture to constantly keep my computer awake when it is running?

Mivey

Is there any way to EITHER a) tell Windows to override power settings when a given executable is running or b) tell Steam Big Picture to constantly keep my computer awake when it is running?
Maybe use this? Bit desperate, though.
When a fullscreen app is running, Windows should never turn off the screen. That's a software thing, as far as I can tell. Like when you watch a video on VLC, it tells Windows to never turn of the screen. Games should do that too.

AHA-Lambda

7AF7C496BF226AAA15B335FFD57C7E30F9809993

O_O

giphy.gif

Steins; Gate is surprisingly quite funny and witty in places, like the main character's reactions in this scene xD

rtcn63

See weirdass graphical glitches in Bioshock + hit print screen = froze and lost close to two hours of progress. Yeah I'm uninstalling it.

EDIT: Uninstalled. Fuck that. Seriously.

Kudo

O_O

Steins; Gate is surprisingly quite funny and witty in places, like the main character's reactions in this scene xD

That scene was pure gold.
Writing in S;G is really good overall, not that many dull moments and it's constantly entertaining. Game deserved its popularity.

Bundles
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Deadfall Adventures -- MB-C06F40D33ACB8F1C - Taken by Purkake4
Insurgency -- MB-F1E51D7F42433B98 - Taken by TheLight
Contagion -- MB-D7DB364FD007331C - Taken by gaiadyne
Risen 3 -- MB-6E52DD6A72E43A2D - Taken by MaxiLive
Toren -- MB-F7C5EB9A601B1906 - Taken by madjoki
The Masterplan -- MB-124366BC2687D7F7 - Taken by longlivegaming
Broken Sword 5 -- MB-5D20BDB455525684 - Taken by pantsattack

I just wonder what the reason is that those "clones" all are just hack and slash games where you dont need any tactics, while MH remains the hardest ones.

Like God Eater has all those different stats, skills and elements, but somehow it doesnt matter, since they dont affect much. The bosses till now are a joke and require no tactics whatsoever, you dont really need to grind for anything (which is great) but you also cant upgrade your weapons till you reach certain ranks (I have all items for a rank 8 weapon, but since I am just in rank 6, I cant upgrade it).

Toukiden was similar. The enemies just changed colors, got more HP and hit more, but actually you just take longer to kill them. They didnt get any harder.

I guess I'll just stick with Monster Hunter Online for the unforseeable future.

Could someone post about the pros of Deadfall Adventures?

Make sure to use the fixes mentioned in Killer is Dead's Steam Community page for optimal performance :3

dex3108
I finished Deadfall Adventures and I must say it is nice little adventure. Maps are huge and beautiful, characters are mediocre and story is simple but all in all it is solid game from that genre.

Backlogger

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Insurgency -- MB-ED63AB6A4887F1B6 - Taken by shintoki
Contagion -- MB-252FA014ABBBC1CA

SOME EXTRAS

I just found out Fallout New Vegas has cloud saves again. I remember It got removed after launch. When I started playing it a few years ago, it didn't have any.

What a pleasant surprise.

KingKong

Bioshock really hasn't aged well. I forgot just how clunky that game was (to be fair that applies to most shooters from the mid 00s)

madjoki

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Spaceport Hope #3 -- MB-2EE75BB9E42EFDD3 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Spaceport Hope #2 -- MB-BFC04CBE276E1E51 - Taken by Zeeman
Saviors -- MB-35CBD7D3A7659337 - Taken by Popstar
Spaceport Hope -- MB-7906EE6E74E7EC6F - Taken by Costa1774
Saviors #3 -- MB-894A392D09D7ABC4 - Taken by Belgarion
PARTICLE MACE -- MB-2C56FEF391A8BE0F - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Saviors #2 -- MB-8E3DA58C6F424E42 - Taken by illusionary
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity #2 -- MB-279FEB197C89C259 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Saviors #4 -- MB-0237F2751BAAB40E - Taken by Flips360
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity -- MB-1C9AD9067A0A8349 - Taken by rainking187
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity #3 -- MB-AF22DCF758289B73 - Taken by fuzzy123
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity #6 -- MB-6C8FDCA205B08A75 - Taken by bobnowhere
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity #4 -- MB-7A48F5155CB27AB1 - Taken by NingenJanai
Airscape: The Fall of Gravity #5 -- MB-47238B0026364D12 - Taken by bloke

Vamphuntr

I'm playing the early access of Divinity Original Sin 2 (from the KS). Much harder and prettier than the first one for sure. Not sure if I will be fan of the Memory Stat in the long run.

I'm playing the early access of Divinity Original Sin 2 (from the KS). Much harder and prettier than the first one for sure. Not sure if I will be fan of the Memory Stat in the long run.

DOS2 is really good at throwing curveball encounters at you. There one battle against crocodiles that is like a grade A example of this, in the first map.

And yeah, it is super beautiful, with animations to match.

Adnor

Banned
DOS2 is really good at throwing curveball encounters at you. There one battle against crocodiles that is like a grade A example of this, in the first map.

And yeah, it is super beautiful, with animations to match.

If you see the map in that encounter, you can actually ambush those crocodiles, in that same part of the map you have a little hill that only has one entrance, and you can use that to your advantage, having one or two turns of attacks where the crocodiles waste their turn running to you.

Now the frog fight is just unfair.

Welp bought 2 copies of Diablo 3 from CDkeys, one for me and one for my girlfriend. First purchase from them, weird that it's a cropped pic of the box codes.

If you see the map in that encounter, you can actually ambush those crocodiles, in that same part of the map you have a little hill that only has one entrance, and you can use that to your advantage, having one or two turns of attacks where the crocodiles waste their turn running to you.

Now the frog fight is just unfair.

You'd think taking the high ground would be a good idea, but then they teleport on you. Telediles are always a threat. But it's that kind of flipping expecations that makes the fights so fun.

And the frog fight, eh... I actually beat it level 1 as Red Price Battlemage. Solo. There's no way I could do that against the telediles. (Battlemages are GOAT)

Adnor

Banned
You'd think taking the high ground would be a good idea, but then they teleport on you. Telediles are always a threat. But it's that kind of flipping expecations that makes the fights so fun.

And the frog fight, eh... I actually beat it level 1 as Red Price Battlemage. Solo. There's no way I could do that against the telediles. (Battlemages are GOAT)

Weird, the crocodiles didn't teleport to me, they just ran.

Still, they ran really far in one turn, and thanks to the armor system you can't just stunlock everything forever like before.

Weird, the crocodiles didn't teleport to me, they just ran.

Still, they ran really far in one turn, and thanks to the armor system you can't just stunlock everything forever like before.

The armour change and compressing the numbers flying around in battle were genius changes. I think the memory one will be too, but I haven't gotten far enough to really feel its effects yet.

But yeah, if you don't block off their line of sight to the clifftop (I think?) they'll teleport up; though they won't even advance if their route is blocked by a hazard, like fire. And man, their melee attack hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom