• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

Hands in front of you where we can see them!!! XD Don't scare new people :p

W6Yfm4s.gif

Tripolygon

Banned
Have at it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Walking Dead Season 1 -- MB-53E209D82649206B - Taken by Belgarion

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I was looking at the cpu support of my mobo after posting and noticed that it was all just Haswell and Haswell Refresh, so I double checked the Broadwell-E stuff too and saw that as well.

Oh well. Used 4770K or 4790K are probably my only sensible (budget-wise) options and should allow the rest of my system live for a few more years.

Go for a 4770K and overclock it. There's no need to pay the premium for a virtually-identical 4790K when you can just make up the difference yourself. HyperThreading, naturally, isn't as ideal as having an extra four physical cores, but it can make a relatively significant difference in heavily multi-threaded games. Watch Dogs 2 is a fine example, with the unusually high position of AMD's FX-9590 saying a lot about just how much the engine loves chewing on extra threads:

w3_proz.png

By the way, I suck at Pudgy The Whales (my pet name for PUBG) and yet I still want to play more of it.

I think I need to see a psychiatrist.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crimsonheadGCN, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HuniePop -- MB-CC3891D3E0951EB6 - Taken by Endruen. 15 entrants total.
Sakura Angels -- MB-193893AA56AA963F - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Sakura Beach -- MB-866F04C2075DCBD9 - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.
Sakura Beach 2 -- MB-8BB445B8CE1454C2 - Taken by Dragon1893. 3 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-429AE8E16194F33D - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-C8E243C47FBEF4DF

t1504817276z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The best part about that South Park difficulty slider:

During the process, South Park stalwart Eric Cartman will comment: "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

Our Aoife Wilson and Chris Bratt, who captured the gameplay in the video, asked Ubisoft developers about this feature during a recent hands-on event. They were told the difficulty of the game affects the amount of money you receive and the way other characters speak to you throughout the course of the game. It is, quite clearly, a social commentary on racism in modern society, and as far as video games go, a pretty effective one.

Source

Lain

Tokyo Dark is pretty dang cool.
I'm already down the path toward insanity and I regret having taken my first pill as it took away 10 precious investigation point from me to give me 10 measly sanity points. Who the hell needs sanity?!

Annubis

How does Tyranny compare to PoE?

I'm finding PoE to be a lot of fun, is it more of the same in a different setting or have they improved certain aspects?

In some aspects it feels more refined than PoE.
Although they did try some new things which can be hit or miss.
The entire setting is quite captivating and the game really does work well with multi playthroughs as you get different bits and pieces of the story depending on your affiliations.

Parsnip

Go for a 4770K and overclock it. There's no need to pay the premium for a virtually-identical 4790K when you can just make up the difference yourself. HyperThreading, naturally, isn't as ideal as having an extra four physical cores, but it can make a relatively significant difference in heavily multi-threaded games. Watch Dogs 2 is a fine example, with the unusually high position of AMD's FX-9590 saying a lot about just how much the engine loves chewing on extra threads:

w3_proz.png

Yup. 4770K is probably it, unless by some miracle I can find a cheaper 4790K. It doesn't seem likely though, based on a quick glance at some ebay listings and whatnot.

w3_proz.png

So proud of my 6 and a half year old i7 2600k.

Ascheroth

Tokyo Dark is pretty dang cool.
I'm already down the path toward insanity and I regret having taken my first pill as it took away 10 precious investigation point from me to give me 10 measly sanity points. Who the hell needs sanity?!
That sounds right up my alley. Wishlisted~

Tizoc

broken_sword_09a3pl5t.gif

I recently finished Broken Sword 1 and wrote about it here

I strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a relaxing game to play, and even then it is a game with great visuals, music and voice acting. Play the original game, which is offered to Steam users now, and use SCUMMVM since it is compatible with it.
The original games are DLC, so simply check the DLC pages for BS1 and 2 and get the original games for free.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck clowns

also lol at SteamGaf acting all offended and yucky with the humble bundle yesterday, and I look at the "trending among friends" tab just now and its all Sakura games (and LiS) :3

Endruen

fuck clowns

also lol at SteamGaf acting all offended and yucky with the humble bundle yesterday, and I look at the "trending among friends" tab just now and its all Sakura games (and LiS) :3

I mean, I didn't bought it, but I just won HuniePop on a giveaway :3

Finished LiS:BTS EP1, pretty good stuff! Plus Speedy Ortiz - No Below is now my #1 guilty pleasure song, so that's a new one for a video game I think

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Alpha Protocol got a lot better once I've switched from k&m to controller. 3h in and so far I'm quite enjoying it.

The South Park difficulty slider is pretty great

V0vQoSp.gif
During the process, South Park stalwart Eric Cartman will comment: "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

Our Aoife Wilson and Chris Bratt, who captured the gameplay in the video, asked Ubisoft developers about this feature during a recent hands-on event. They were told the difficulty of the game affects the amount of money you receive and the way other characters speak to you throughout the course of the game. It is, quite clearly, a social commentary on racism in modern society, and as far as video games go, a pretty effective one.
This was better than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom