• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Oh, we doing this again? Here's a top 13.
t7FM7rn.png

AlanOC91

Yeah... had a bit of a football manager addiction there for a while. Mainly during my years in College!

Garys mod was played by a total of about 30 minutes by me. The rest was from my younger brother years ago before he had his own steam account. And he still dumped over 100 hours on his own one.

YHaDcLj.png

Doesn't beat my friend though. He is playing FM2017 right now.

All through our college years he played it. Almost every single day and continued it after college too.

6Lj1RxY.png

It looks like PUBG's little secret to its massive growth has been discovered by the SteamSpy dev.

jjBeMua.png

Chinese love Survival Games since around half a year. I guess you could make a graph for most Survival games and see that Chinese buy everything.

My wifes nephew bought like 5 of them in just 1 week. He started H1Z1, then got PUBG, then ARK and then some other ones. Seems that genre is really really popular with the chinese youth. Also stuff like PUBG, H1Z1 has licences for Internet bars/cafés.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Halloween Sale is my favorite sale of the year.

If you like horror games, a number of horror developers put their games cheaper during the Halloween sale than either the Summer or Winter Sales (or in some cases will put their game on sale during that sale but not the others, I've seen happen some weird experiences, though the opposite is also true of some titles)..

Kyougar

Yeah... had a bit of a football manager addiction there for a while. Mainly during my years in College!

Garys mod was played by a total of about 30 minutes by me. The rest was from my younger brother years ago before he had his own steam account. And he still dumped over 100 hours on his own one.

YHaDcLj.png

Good to see, how you weaned yourself off of FM every year :D

Tizoc

Currently playing King's Quest 2 and am enjoying it a lot more than KQ1. I guess the inclusion of a town and more NPCs to interact with helps.
The game still keeps the random enemy encounter though.

Dusk Golem

Also going to throw this out there: The Asian market on Steam being tapped into is more invaluable than I think many people realize. I don't have any hugely successful games, but I did an experiment and made a game with zero dialogue I released last month, labelled it for all languages, and what I've observed is my game sells a lot more in Asian territories than America, American comes behind China and Korea. Korea was helped a lot because one of the biggest Korean Let's Players played my game and generated a lot of traffic since the LP'er liked it and I've been getting a lot of messages from Korean players. China in general I have seen mentioned by a few developers are a very large market though, sensible because of populace but more and more of them have been getting into PC gaming in the last few years.

I think Asian Markets will see some huge increase and presence on Steam in the upcoming years.

Jawmuncher

Dusk has more hours of RE6 than I do lol. I might reach 150+ hours if I combine like all versions of the game I've played....maybe. Same with RE5. I have to combine all of the copies played. Though last time I did I was around 300 hours for RE5. Pretty sure that's my most played game of all-time across everything.

Dusk Golem

Dusk has more hours of RE6 than I do lol. I might reach 150+ hours if I combine like all versions of the game I've played....maybe. Same with RE5. I have to combine all of the copies played. Though last time I did I was around 300 hours for RE5. Pretty sure that's my most played game of all-time across everything.

Resident Evil 5 & 6 a lot of people I know like to pick me to play co-op with. Resident Evil 5 is one of my most played games ever, though a lot of that was on the 360, I literally have played the game with 23 different people with it being their first run a lot of the time. It's a fun game to experience with others going in blind with me and they often enjoy it. But on the 360 version I had over 700 hours of playtime in RE5, so with Steam my total playtime is over 800 hours. I know that game like the back of my hand, and if you'd believe me I still don't turn down people who want to play co-op Resident Evil if they ask and I have time.

Resident Evil 6 I only played for 70 or so hours on the 360 and this here, played with less people but it's a much longer game. I think my playtime is basically three whole playthroughs of the game, a few misc chapters here and there, some messing around in the enemy control mode, and then a lot of Mercenaries, including modded 7-player No Mercy mode and I've played several hours of the multiplayer DLC stuff since that stuff was stupidly fun to do in a full round with friends, like it's not a well balanced mode at all but a lot of dumb fun.

I am a horror enthusiast, but I do hope they make another co-op Resident Evil game down the line. I find them a lot of fun.

Rizzi

I figured I'd check out Paladins. Enjoyed Smite, and Paladins seemed like it could be okay?
Boy. That's not a very good game!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really wish ppl on ignore completely disapeared, I always end up still checking what they said because im too curious and I just get angry

Ladekabel

We still doing this? Nothing too fancy by me (except good taste of course):

wallofshamebwuml.png

are the Football Manager games still blocked in germany?

And how do I get a copy for me? Are they regionblocked?

The exclusivity deal between EA and the DFL ran out or is running out. Either this year or next year Football Manager should be available in Germany.

Rizzi

Geez, how many different kinds of currencies do you need in a F2P game? Paladins apparently decided that they want four.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of germans, why do we keep driving them all away?

I havent seen derexpert or yakkue in 456 years

Wok

Geez, how many different kinds of currencies do you need in a F2P game? Paladins apparently decided that they want four.

Usually three:
  • one to buy chests, which is earned through playing,
  • one to craft skins which can be obtained from chests, which is obtained by destroying duplicates obtained from chests,
  • one to buy heroes, which must be purchased with money.

Rizzi

Usually three:
  • one to buy chests, which is earned through playing,
  • one to craft skins which can be obtained from chests, which is obtained by destroying duplicates obtained from chests,
  • one to buy heroes, which must be purchased with money.

Paladins from what I could work out at least, because their UI is kind of awful has:

Gold for buying chests and heroes.
One for crafting ability cards that I can't figure out how to actually get?
One you buy to get cosmetic stuff, chests, keys to make chests give you more stuff, buy boosts that I guess give you xp and also pop up when you open a chest saying "hey if you buy a boost you can get an extra "bonus" item from this chest.
And a VIP currency that I think you can only earn if you pay $15? Like a subscription or something? I guess?

It seems super gross!

Pachael

Also going to throw this out there: The Asian market on Steam being tapped into is more invaluable than I think many people realize. I don't have any hugely successful games, but I did an experiment and made a game with zero dialogue I released last month, labelled it for all languages, and what I've observed is my game sells a lot more in Asian territories than America, American comes behind China and Korea. Korea was helped a lot because one of the biggest Korean Let's Players played my game and generated a lot of traffic since the LP'er liked it and I've been getting a lot of messages from Korean players. China in general I have seen mentioned by a few developers are a very large market though, sensible because of populace but more and more of them have been getting into PC gaming in the last few years.

I think Asian Markets will see some huge increase and presence on Steam in the upcoming years.

It's been on the slow burner for a while, but particularly this year with the BR genre getting popular fast in China it's exposed a lots of new eyeballs to Steam's games, and if your game is already localised it makes a big difference to whether they buy them or not.

This is running in parallel with Japanese publishers on console much more open to localisation to Asia like the Yakuza series or many of the newer Bamco releases like Super Robot Wars. The more the merrier.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
speaking of germans, why do we keep driving them all away?

I havent seen derexpert or yakkue in 456 years

derExperte is still around but stopped posting in non-BST threads last October. Similarly, Yakkue stopped posting in Steam threads back in July but has since made a couple of appearances in the 50 Books/Movies thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom