• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Oooookkkkk.
So after some really fun hours swapping my 560ti for the 970, seeing that one of my power cable is dead, and generally trying to make sense of the cable management in here...

3d Mark test - Before / After
Fire Strike - 3025 / 8998
Sky Diver - 9033 / 19747
Cloud Gate - 12243 / 16603
Ice Storm - 121305 / 136128
All of these with a 2500k non-OC, 3.3ghz

At a glance, the card is a beast on the more demanding test.
What do you think of the results ? Anything that scream 'defect card, flee the building asap' ?

They sound reasonable if you haven't overclocked.

I got 9884 on fire strike with my 970 OC'd to +186 core clock(not tried memory yet) and my 3570k at 4.2ghz.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah, that's what I figured but honestly there's little you can do to give everything exposure.

They should reduce the importance of popularity in whatever their discoverability algorithms are.

I can always just search for "most popular" on the front page; having 2/3 of my queue made up of popular titles isn't really helpful.

Ubisoft is doing sales everywhere right now, even PSN. Come on, publisher weekend on Steam. You can do it.

I'd file this under "not bloody likely".
But I've been wrong about ubi before...

I certainly hope you're right -- I have some credit saved for a good discount on Child of Light and Watch_Dogs.

Turfster

So basically SR4 reskinned. I had fun with SR4 though and this is cheap so I'll still buy it.

I... don't actually want to play as Gat, so I'm ambivalent about the whole thing.
Coupled with DS's regioning bullshit, this'll probably be one to get on discount.

This is coming from someone that got 4 on release because I wanted to play more with the same boss, so...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 6.7 which has been re-written to accommodate the new Steam store layout. With this update, a majority of the previous functionality Enhanced Steam users have come to know and love has been restored. Here is the official changelog:
  • Added: lots of stuff, basically it supports the new store
  • Updated: almost every existing function to account for the new store
  • Removed: A few things that are no longer required due to the new store
I've tried to bug-test this as thoroughly as time has allowed, but I thought it would be important to get this into people's hands as soon as possible. If you encounter a bug, please let me know.

Version 6.7 for Mozilla Firefox should be ready some time tomorrow unless any major bugs are encountered.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

Thank you for removing new Steam's terrible "IN LIBRARY" and "ON WISHLIST" tags over the logos. It looks way better now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I... don't actually want to play as Gat, so I'm ambivalent about the whole thing.
Coupled with DS's regioning bullshit, this'll probably be one to get on discount.

This is coming from someone that got 4 on release because to play more of the boss, so...
It is weird that we are losing the ability to make a custom character. Hopefully they allow Gat to get plastic surgery.

sprinkles

Thank you for removing new Steam's terrible "IN LIBRARY" and "ON WISHLIST" tags over the logos. It looks way better now.
It still creeps in a few spots on the front page for me though:

b4d3eddeff.jpg

Annubis

This is coming from someone that got 4 on release because I wanted to play more with the same boss, so...

You can play Kinzie instead.
As long as the price isn't ridiculous, I'll get it.

I'm hoping they add at least one major new gameplay element though.
Right now that video feels very SR4.

I was waiting for that to show up on GMG to finally use my credits on.

Yeah, but then it's uPlay only. No thanks.

Wait, why did the thread title get changed to a Guilty Gear reference?

It must mean Xrd is coming to Steam! OMG, I'm now throwing my wallet at my laptop but nothing is happening?!

Steam being blue is so weird, so much change even my client is all messed up atm need a new pixelvision version

I had to switch back to the main skin because my version of PixelVision had the big picture mode icon/graphic over the file menu.
I still wish they'd let me disable that mode entirely...

Deitus

Wait, why did the thread title get changed to a Guilty Gear reference?

You mean a Metallica reference, which is what Guilty Gear was referencing as well.

The previous title was "Lightning Crashes," which was a reference to FFXIII coming to steam (and presumably that Steam went down that same day), and also the name of a Live song. It seems the mods are now cycling through other song names with "Lightning" in them.

I have a Linux laptop that I've been using recently to stream M+K games over Steam from my desktop that I have hooked up to my TV. It's really crazy how nice this scenario works in general for me. Most folks probably go the other way (streaming from an office desktop over to a big TV) but the reverse also works well since things like Shogun II or Civ 5 don't really scale that well to a 720P TV.

Some oddities though. It seems to never remember what I actually have installed on the big TV system. With Civ 5 it never gives me the option to Stream from that system, the UI option always says "Install" even though it installed on that system and has already been run many times. Usually clicking install seems to launch it in any case, but it's not a 100% thing.

The other thing is that it makes me want some official Steam thing like the nVidia Shield controller, Vita Remote play or the WiiU gamepad even more. My family lives in a small condo, so it would be really nice to have the option of a small screen that I could plop down on the couch and still access my Steam library next to my wife watching a TV show.

Copons

They should reduce the importance of popularity in whatever their discoverability algorithms are.

I can always just search for "most popular" on the front page; having 2/3 of my queue made up of popular titles isn't really helpful.

Yeah, but... then you'd eventually end up having your queue overwhelmed by shovelware, and you (as in "generic" you) would complain anyway.

Unfortunately, algorithms have to work on some basis, and well, popularity actually works well enough.
Like, at least it works better than scores that could be biased for whatever reason - think about Bad Rats, with its 74% of positive reviews).

Even an algorithm tailored on your tastes would be pretty hard to pull off correctly.
I mean, I don't know your buying habits, but I can guess you too buy lots of bundles, or 0.99$ random games, or have your playtime screwed by card idling.
How can Steam correctly guess your real tastes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom