• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Valve complete pack is 75% off on Steam.

That is even cheaper than it was on the last 24th December on GMG.

Steam is down for me.
Anyone else?
And now it log me out ask for my password. What?

When Steam is down it is a common occurrence to be prompted to enter one's own password, even though it is saved and it has worked until a few minutes ago, so you should not worry, I think they should fix the client as this may a little confusing at first though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I missed something... when was Stump on TBS?

Deitus

you can basically blame zeliard for any thread title changes for this thread

I suspected as much. I don't mind though, the title changes are usually pretty good. The Bayonetta one was a bit odd though, but funny to see the reactions.

It's a scientific fact that they make you at least 25% more manly. Take it from me.

This is true. That's why I can't shave, because I would look 7 years younger.

That is even cheaper than last 24th December on GMG.

When Steam is down it is a common occurrence to be prompted to enter one's own password, even though it is saved and it has worked until a few minutes ago, so you should not worry, I think they should fix the client as this may a little confusing at first though.

Thanks for the info. I changed my password, i was a little panicky -_- .

Oh my god, a new Moorhuhn game

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321940/

This crap was all over Germany 15 years or so ago...

Strangely enough this one doesn't look nearly as bad as the Moorhuhn games from back in the day

I seem to remember two bad shooting gallery style games... am I wrong? Maybe early 2000s.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I seem to remember two bad shooting gallery style games... am I wrong? Maybe early 2000s.

You are completely right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorhuhn

It started with the two games you mentioned... and then this happened:

Moorhuhn Jahr-markt Party
Moorhuhn Das Verbotene Schloss
Moorhuhn Deluxe iPhone
Moorhuhn Star Karts DS
Moorhuhn Der Schatz des Pharao DS
Moorhuhn Atlantis
Moorhuhn Fun Kart 2008
Moorhuhn Kart Thunder
Moorhuhn DS
Moorhuhn Director's Cut
Moorhuhn Schatzjäger 3
Moorhuhn - Juwel der Finsternis
Moorhuhn Kart 3
Moorhuhn Piraten
Moorhuhn Soccer
Moorhuhn Schatzjäger 2
Moorhuhn Mah-Jongg
Moorhuhn Im Anflug
Moorhuhn Big Adventure
Moorhuhn Schatzjäger
Moorhuhn REMAKE
Moorhuhn INVASION
Moorhuhn ADVENTURE 2
Moorhuhn PINBALL VOL.1
Moorhuhn WANTED
Moorhuhn KART 2
Moorhuhn ADVENTURE
Moorhuhn KART (EXTRA)
Moorhuhn X
Moorhuhn KART
Moorhuhn 3
Moorhuhn WINTER-EDITION
Moorhuhn 2
Die Original Moorhuhn Jagd
Moorhuhn ONLINE GAMES

(List of all the Moorhuhn games from Wikipedia)

Freezard

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 6.7 which has been re-written to accommodate the new Steam store layout. With this update, a majority of the previous functionality Enhanced Steam users have come to know and love has been restored. Here is the official changelog:
  • Added: lots of stuff, basically it supports the new store
  • Updated: almost every existing function to account for the new store
  • Removed: A few things that are no longer required due to the new store
I've tried to bug-test this as thoroughly as time has allowed, but I thought it would be important to get this into people's hands as soon as possible. If you encounter a bug, please let me know.

Version 6.7 for Mozilla Firefox should be ready some time tomorrow unless any major bugs are encountered.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

Any chance you will change the top banner to fit better with the new background instead of being just black? Or removing the red bar where it says "click here to browse Steam in xxx language"?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well I think I've thumbs downed every single free to play game on steam, so now my discovery queue has moved onto hidden object games.

I'm assuming my next stop after that is RPG maker pap.

Joy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well I think I've thumbs downed every single free to play game on steam, so now my discovery queue has moved onto hidden object games.

I'm assuming my next stop after that is RPG maker pap.

Joy.

but at the end of this all--expect a few hundred twin-stick top-down zombie shooters--your steam existence will be blissfully free of poop!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any chance you will change the top banner to fit better with the new background instead of being just black? Or removing the red bar where it says "click here to browse Steam in xxx language"?

Enhanced Steam is going to be upgrading the backgrounds of a few things, assuming Valve doesn't beat me to it (ha!)

As for the red bar, you can disable it in the options or set it to your own language (which will make it go away)

JPeQ85X.png

Nzyme32

Finally got round to finishing Antichamber. God damn. That game is art. Love the non-euclidean puzzles and can't even begin to fathom the design process behind them. Love the style and the ambience. Although it is a game that I likely won't return to for some time like many puzzle games, it was an absolute joy to play! Really like the cryptic and somewhat philosophical clues found throughout the game. I thoroughly recommend the game for puzzle fans or someone looking for something unique and interesting!

Dr Dogg

but at the end of this all--expect a few hundred twin-stick top-down zombie shooters--your steam existence will be blissfully free of poop!

...for a week until the next wave of 'new' releases get pushed through. If the system was one that built up a profile on your choices it would be swell but in its current state it would drive me up the wall trying to hide everything I don't have a passing intrest in.

Aerocrane

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ is on sale and free to play for a week so maybe this isn't necessary, but the PC port isn't very good.

It really is a low effort PC port, it doesn't look great and it is very lacking in terms of options. No key rebinding or resolution or other graphics options besides a fullscreen mode toggle, but a couple Steam specific features: cloud saves and achievements.

Holy shit. Are you kidding me? They couldn't use the console versions as a base? Can you post any pics?
The biggest thing that makes me think this was based on a mobile version is the assets, the game looks blurry at 1920x1200 with black bars at top and bottom of the screen.
Click for fullsize images.
http://i.minus.com/im83nI2Hvayr6.png
http://i.minus.com/iHh6xqaCJo493.png
In the second screenshot you can see at the top next to the high score a pause button that is clickable, and at the bottom a gear which opens a settings screen when clicked.
In that menu there is an option labelled "Display Controller". It reduces the size of the screen to show virtual directional buttons and a bomb button for those who play the game by using mouse or touch.
http://i.minus.com/iImpvmkiNz5OF.png
http://i2.minus.com/ipRFUe3Wh0wEb.png
In the control settings there is an option labelled touch/mouse operation which uses this display setting. Even the main menu looks somewhat like it was designed for touch. I wouldn't be too surprised if this version of the game appeared on the Windows 8 App Store with some sort of XBL integration for achievements.
http://i.minus.com/i85XxsTRgoRQK.png
http://i.minus.com/iNhB2e0bk3yfo.png
The black bars are present in all of my screenshots because in game there is no resolution option, only a toggle for fullscreen.

The Windows 8 app store has had Pac-Man DX for a while now (and it was updated to DX+ the day the Steam version came out), the assets in that release are identical (exactly the same images) to the assets in the Steam release (I checked).

It looks as though they simply copied over the Windows 8 app version and put it on Steam.

jshackles

jshackles, there is a little bug with the "more like this" section. For some reason once the page is reloaded it works fine.

Also found this.

And finally, would it be possible to have the option to remove the text description under the games so that the 2 sections are aligned?

Thanks

Those two errors aren't coming from Enhanced Steam. It looks like you have the "Steam Unpowered" extension installed... and my guess is they haven't updated it. As a side note: after looking through their extension's code I would recommend uninstalling it since their code can really mess up your cookie data on Steam, and because the functionality is largely duplicated.

Also, you can disable the app description text by unclicking this in the options:

G0FdAph.png

Locust

jshackles, there is a little bug with the "more like this" section. For some reason once the page is reloaded it works fine.

The currency thing isn't Enhanced Steam, its the other currency script. As for the description in the carousel, there's already a setting for disabling that.

e;f;b

maty

Those two errors aren't coming from Enhanced Steam. It looks like you have the "Steam Unpowered" extension installed... and my guess is they haven't updated it. As a side note: after looking through their extension's code I would recommend uninstalling it since their code can really mess up your cookie data on Steam, and because the functionality is largely duplicated.

Also, you can disable the app description text by unclicking this in the options:

G0FdAph.png

Oh, sorry about that then. Uninstalled right away. Thank you :)

The currency thing isn't Enhanced Steam, its the other currency script. As for the description in the carousel, there's already a setting for disabling that.

e;f;b

Yep, didn't see it before. Thanks

You are completely right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorhuhn

It started with the two games you mentioned... and then this happened:

[HUGE LIST

(List of all the Moorhuhn games from Wikipedia)

Argh. Too much crap.

I remember those two because it was a period of my life when I started to grow tired of AAA games. Because of this I spent a lot of time searching for unknown games on the web (and reading sites like the old indiegamemag)... that's how I discovered stuff like Uplink, Hateful Chris, BreakQuest, etc... and those two Moorhuhn games

wow

just wow
Better yet, why in the world did Metallica make a Guilty Gear reference in 1984?
....how dare you....

Oh my mistake, I thought there was an actual reason that the games forum would change a thread title from a strained pun to a strained pun that's also isn't a particularly good reference.

You mean a Metallica reference, which is what Guilty Gear was referencing as well.

The previous title was "Lightning Crashes," which was a reference to FFXIII coming to steam (and presumably that Steam went down that same day), and also the name of a Live song. It seems the mods are now cycling through other song names with "Lightning" in them.
That I didn't know. So it's all just bad references then, thanks for clearing it up.

The_Super_Inframan

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I do get gift copies of all games I already own should I buy the Valve complete Pack, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been awarded a -50% coupon for the Van Helsing 2 Complete Pack. I've no need for it so quote if you want to take it off my hands. Usually I don't bother with this sort of stuff, but as far as coupons go it's pretty good.

Nzyme32

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I do get gift copies of all games I already own should I buy the Valve complete Pack, right?

Add it to your basket and see if you get a warning message about it. The only thing I can remember was that Valve gifted me the Valve Complete Pack during the Golden Potato hunt thing, and I did indeed get giftable copies of the games that I already had... not sure if that will be the same now though

Dr Dogg

Upon just cleaning up the spare bedroom come office I've managed to find my manic scribbles for the first time I went through FEZ and a horible looking 8400GS that I'm not sure is clogged up with dirt or has started to evolve.

Amazing
But I'll wait for steamcuratorcuratorcurator

That sounds like a Culture Club lyric.

Some but not all. It's a tad convoluted. Here's the list.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

Stump's face reminds me of a slightly rounder George Harrison.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat is my liiiiiife, without your coooooooooooooooooooooode. Tell me whooooooooo am iiiiiiii without modbooooooooooot, by my siiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

The_Super_Inframan

Add it to your basket and see if you get a warning message about it. The only thing I can remember was that Valve gifted me the Valve Complete Pack during the Golden Potato hunt thing, and I did indeed get giftable copies of the games that I already had... not sure if that will be the same now though

Some but not all. It's a tad convoluted. Here's the list.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

Soooo, I would only get extra copies for L4D1, Portal and the Half Life 2 stuff? mmmhhh, kinda lame

Ruruja

Stump's face reminds me of a slightly rounder George Harrison.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat is my liiiiiife, without your coooooooooooooooooooooode. Tell me whooooooooo am iiiiiiii without modbooooooooooot, by my siiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

I don't know if this was mentioned in the actual thread, but he reminds me of this dude from Die Hard:

die-hard-ellis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom