• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

Triad Wars (Sleeping Dogs PC Online Game) Announcement on Monday

office-space2qhsnu.gif

https://vine.co/v/OWxHh0XatU6 for those who haven't seen it.

The dream is dead.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Hack -- MB-3A4CB9BDBA5FAAF0 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 2 entrants total.

t1411181191z1.png

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Axass, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Axass, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers Please -- MB-2AB7A3B2B4CC1194 - Taken by Helmholtz. 23 entrants total.

t1411173990z1.png

Toshin

since i work with pizza daily, i dunno if i have seen any real weridness anymore...when you get to toppings like shrimp, lobster...and stuff like that, "werid/exotic" topping feelings doesn't kick in anymore : )

Stumbled upon a new sub on SteamDB...

Halo: Spartan Pack

Now, Spartan Assault is the only Halo game on Steam right now, so how do you make a "pack" out of a single game? Well, I see 2 possibilities...

1. It could be a 2-pack, which means multiplayer could finally be making its way to Steam
  2. More Halo games are coming to Steam.
Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much, and have no idea what I'm talking about.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Origin doesn't let you cap download speeds. Should've downloaded while I was playing a single player game earlier. Stress ._.

That's a good thing; Origin is way faster than Steam. I only have a 30Mbit connection but I get 100Mbit from Origin. I don't know how that's possible, but if the numbers on the screen say it, it must be true. I'm so glad EA has a direct relationship with me and that they don't need to go through Gabe's cabal of thugs to patch their games. All the free content they've added to great games like The Saboteur and Dragon Age 2 wouldn't be possible on Steam. I'm going to pick up some BioWare points this weekend.

Now, how do you make a "pack" out of a single game? Well, I see 2 possibilities...

1. It could be a 2-pack, which means multiplayer could finally be making its way to Steam
Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much, and have no idea what I'm talking about.

There is "Halo: Spartan Assault" on Steam, so maybe something to do with this Game.

Now, how do you make a "pack" out of a single game? Well, I see 2 possibilities...

IT BEGINS

I don't wanna get my hopes up though. Any of those options would be great.

Deitus

Doesn't Spartan Assault have microtransactions? Could it be the base game with a pack of in game items or currency?

Jawmuncher

I'm ordering pizza.
I'm so hugry after waking up.

-----------------

Steam related

I'm curious what the price of this will be in an hour.
See it being on the high side.

Cheddahz

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT F2P SLEEPING DOGS GAME

NO...
NOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

I'm almost positive the MCC is coming to Steam next year. They just don't want to announce it yet so they get sales on the Xbox One.

Elija2

Yes, I think there is another boss after that one, and that one is quite hard as well. You should stick it out though, because the boss fights are so satisfying when you win. Maybe grind out a level or two if you are dying too fast.

Two bosses in a row? I don't know if I can handle it.

I don't think gaining 10HP is gonna help much when the boss does 5x the damage in one hit.

Vlad

My playtime for The Binding of Isaac is seven hours so far and I just made it to mom for the first time. She's on her last sliver of health and I die

Sounds about right. You're in for a heck of a time. Binding of Isaac (+ the expansion) is my most-played game on Steam with 159 hours, and Rebirth is pretty much the only upcoming game that I'm looking forward to.

Unfortunately, I still can't say that I like what I've heard from Rebirth's soundtrack, but I'll have to see if it plays better when paired with the actual game.

iosefe

i would say spartan Pack means it includes Spartan Assault and Reach

*edit* or it's a 2 pack for Spartan Assault

Jawmuncher

The all ages version seems to include everything including the patch with 3 more routes.
Though i'm actually confused since the mangagamer site is kind of a pain.

If they're smart 35 base with with a week sale of 20 would probably push people in.

Actually I think people would be even cautious with 20$. I mean its surely a long VN, but its still "just" a VN and an old and mediocre one at that.

I just think for 35$ they wouldnt sell much at all.

There is "Halo: Spartan Assault" on Steam, so maybe something to do with this Game.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about by single game. I realize my post was a bit ambiguous.

Doesn't Spartan Assault have microtransactions? Could it be the base game with a pack of in game items or currency?

It does on phones, but not on Steam. I think they actually pulled microtransactions from every version, but I could be wrong.

I'm almost positive the MCC is coming to Steam next year. They just don't want to announce it yet so they get sales on the Xbox One.

I'm with you 100%. They know the demand is there, and there's some serious money to be made, they'd be stupid to ignore that. Hell, I'd be happy with 1-3, getting the whole MCC would just be a plus.

i would say spartan Pack means it includes Spartan Assault and Reach

*edit* or it's a 2 pack for Spartan Assault

Reach seems highly unlikely. Most people want Halo for Master Chief, so if they port anything, it'd be the main games. Not that I wouldn't be all over Reach too, it just seems unlikely. Plus Spartans are a common character in the Halo universe, nothing special about the ones in Reach.

Sounds about right. You're in for a heck of a time. Binding of Isaac (+ the expansion) is my most-played game on Steam with 159 hours, and Rebirth is pretty much the only upcoming game that I'm looking forward to.

Unfortunately, I still can't say that I like what I've heard from Rebirth's soundtrack, but I'll have to see if it plays better when paired with the actual game.

Im hesitant to put stupid time into BOI because I already have Rebirth sitting in my library waiting. It seems like it'd be pointless especially because my backlog is stupid right now

Deitus

Two bosses in a row? I don't know if I can handle it.

I don't think gaining 10HP is gonna help much when the boss does 5x the damage in one hit.

Well it is a JRPG. You didn't expect the final boss fight to have only one form did you?

It's been a while since I've played, but I thought leveling up reduced the damage you take as well. It definitely increases the damage you do. There were a couple bosses that were borderline impossible for me because I was doing 3 damage per hit (I played on hard first time through), that were much more manageable after gaining a level or two. But aside from that, you could upgrade your weapon and armor, which probably would require a bit of grinding for ore (the final dungeon is the best place to do this). That would definitely make a substantial difference.

Not on the Steam version.

Ah, good to know.

Vlad

Im hesitant to put stupid time into BOI because I already have Rebirth sitting in my library waiting. It seems like it'd be pointless especially because my backlog is stupid right now

As much as it pains me to say it, you might be right. From what I've seen, Rebirth pretty much replaces BoI entirely and then some.

iosefe

Reach seems highly unlikely. Most people want Halo for Master Chief, so if they port anything, it'd be the main games. Not that I wouldn't be all over Reach too, it just seems unlikely. Plus Spartans are a common character in the Halo universe, nothing special about the ones in Reach.

except they aren't in ODST. i guess i'ts just wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom