• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
We need a sequel to Haunting Ground/Clock Tower 4.

picgifs-haunting-ground-182911.gif

tumblr_m5hfrx8Gt71qf4iod.gif

Fiona probably alternate history Ashley
i've been meaning to play haunting ground for a while

is it any good?

Tenrius

So I stared Ethan Carter and it's pretty good so far. One particular scene early on was really something else.

(I'm talking about "Fangs").

Miguel81

i've been meaning to play haunting ground for a while

is it any good?

Clock Tower Shadow Dancer is a decent game...so rec'd. FYI, PCSX2 has issues displaying the post-processing effects unless you run it in software mode. Probably best to play on the console if you have one around.

Tellaerin

Almost level 31 in Borderlands 2, 76 hours logged so far. Currently running around doing DLC missions (Captain Scarlett) before continuing the main quest line - next destination is supposed to be the city of Opportunity.

I think I'm burning out on this game.

The gunplay's solid and the NPC dialogue's pretty amusing, but the enemies are sorely lacking in variety. No matter where I go, seems like all I'm shooting are the same handful of masked psychos, native animals and robots, over and over. They don't "feel" very different - not a lot of variety in their behaviors to make me strategize differently from encounter to encounter. The random weapons and shields are cool, but the best stuff comes from the magic treasure chest in Sanctuary rather than dropping from enemies or boxes in the overworld. That saps my urge to kill things for better loot. (And what's with the lack of energy weapons? Even in BL1, I had a couple by now. This is the future, dammit! Give me my blaster! :p )

I'm not sure whether or not to keep pushing ahead. Right now I'm really not feeling it, but if I take a break to play something else instead, I have no idea when (or even if) I'll end up finishing it. On the other hand, coming back to it later may rekindle my enthusiasm.

Turfster

Almost level 31 in Borderlands 2, 76 hours logged so far. Currently running around doing DLC missions (Captain Scarlett) before continuing the main quest line - next destination is supposed to be the city of Opportunity.

You lasted much longer than I did (holy shit I have almost 60 hours in this bland pile of crap? That's what I get for trying to at least finish my games)
On the flip side, things really go even further downhill starting with Opportunity.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i gave up on boredlands at like 3 hours or something

randomized loot and games built around it are so boring to me

yea i gave up on boredlands at like 3 hours or something

randomized loot and games built around it are so boring to me
I really had to force myself to finish that game. I was getting really bored at only like 1/4th through the game. I have no intentions of buying another borderlands, it was a 1 time kind of game for me.

RS4-

I can't even get back into that game. Burned through it in maybe 2-3 weeks, then occasionally went back to it for a day here and there and it was just really boring, even with all the dlc with I didn't bother to complete. What a waste of a season pass (never again).

Builds aren't varied enough and having only one ulti skill per character isn't that great either. But yeah, I don't think I'd buy another BL game either unless things really change.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Here's a puzzle for a Sunday evening: What would it cost to buy every single game currently available on Steam at the lowest price they were ever offered* in US currency? (no grey-market region stuff)?

* This is actually more complex than it seems, because you need to include bundles, and the price-per-game in the bundle differs depending on how many games you are sourcing from the bundle. So for example if a game is in an 8-for-$5 bundle, then the cost could be as low as $0.62 or as high as $5 depending on how many of the other games were not available elsewhere for cheaper; also, Greenlight bundles only count games that were greenlit and released, so you'd have to track that as well.

Clearly you'd start by pulling the lowest recorded price on Steam/GMG/Amazon/GF/etc, and that'd be your upper bound, but the bundle calculation would be very tricky especially given that something like 900-1000 games on Steam have been in bundles.

Here's a puzzle for a Sunday evening: What would it cost to buy every single game currently available on Steam at the lowest price they were ever offered* in US currency? (no grey-market region stuff)?

* This is actually more complex than it seems, because you need to include bundles, and the price-per-game in the bundle differs depending on how many games you are sourcing from the bundle. So for example if a game is in an 8-for-$5 bundle, then the cost could be as low as $0.62 or as high as $5 depending on how many of the other games were not available elsewhere for cheaper; also, Greenlight bundles only count games that were greenlit and released, so you'd have to track that as well.

Clearly you'd start by pulling the lowest recorded price on Steam/GMG/Amazon/GF/etc, and that'd be your upper bound, but the bundle calculation would be very tricky especially given that something like 900-1000 games on Steam have been in bundles.

Don't you get a license to every game on Steam by working at Valve? Or was that some silly rumour...

Anyways! The answer is zero. You need only become a Valve employee.

iosefe

no

Anyway, looking for 1 more,(maybe two) to play some Pay Day 2

pls quote for interest

Patison

If you want some horror October material, then you should really check out The Cat Lady. I don't won't too spoil anything so everything you need to know is that this game is some sick shit. I'm a horror freak and I read/watch/play everything from that genre I can but this game...this freaking game terrifies me like nothing else. Gameplay is rough and graphics may be off-putting at first, but trust me and stick with it. Amazing writing, interesting story and very atmospheric music, I highly recommend it!

MattyG

Banned
Shit. I watched Scott Pilgrim for the first time a week or so ago and now I'm getting the itch to watch it again. Must... resist...

Ozium

If you want some horror October material, then you should really check out The Cat Lady. I don't won't too spoil anything so everything you need to know is that this game is some sick shit. I'm a horror freak and I read/watch/play everything from that genre I can but this game...this freaking game terrifies me like nothing else. Gameplay is rough and graphics may be off-putting at first, but trust me and stick with it. Amazing writing, interesting story and very atmospheric music, I highly recommend it!

I played through the beginning and was loving it then I was stuck in a cutscene and was tired so I quit... then when I loaded it up I realized it didn't Autosave...

the horror was real

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

The answer is: more than what I have. It may not be what you were expecting but it isn't less than the truth.

Shantom

I've just remembered to buy Crimzon Clover while it's on sale on GMG, because of the Neogaf group recommending it on Steam. The new curation system is working, I guess.

so, no takers for Payday 2?

we could use a fourth man/girl/dog (me, corrosiveforst, MMBosstones88, you?)
Aw man id love to play with you guys, I won it in a giveaway and still havent played it. There are people in my apartment who are sleeping in my room so I cant play or even use my computer. Wont even get to play shadow of mordor unless it has family sharing, then I can install it on my bros computer and play there

so, no takers for Payday 2?

we could use a fourth man/girl/dog (me, corrosiveforst, MMBosstones88, you?)

I would play but I am level 0/1 :p Would lead to horrible botched stealth and endless terror.

I never had vista, but I dodged a bullet on that one I guess. I dont even know why it was so bad.
Vista's reputation is mostly because of it being installed on computers it had no business running on. Very heavy ram requirement for the time.

Lomax

Windows 8 is great... if you have a computer with a touch screen display. There's little reason to upgrade to it otherwise, but if you're starting from scratch now you may as well use it, if you're too fond of the old interface it's easy enough to change it. Would be nice if they give the W9 keys to everyone but somehow I doubt M$ is desperate enough at this point to do that. But I guess if they really want to motivate a mass transition off of XP and W7, that would do it.

As someone who actually has a Surface Pro 2 and a desktop, using the charms bar and various metro features is actually easier with a mouse. It's basic drag and corner up movements, incredibly fast.

Vista's reputation is mostly because of it being installed on computers it had no business running on. Very heavy ram requirement for the time.

Don't gloss over the fact that a lot of novice users didn't know how to turn off UAC, so it became known as the one that nagged you to cancel or allow.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really had to force myself to finish that game. I was getting really bored at only like 1/4th through the game. I have no intentions of buying another borderlands, it was a 1 time kind of game for me.

yeah i didn't enjoy it at all, it don't enjoy it as a shooter or rpg so it's a total flop for me

louiedog

As someone who actually has a Surface Pro 2 and a desktop, using the charms bar and various metro features is actually easier with a mouse. It's basic drag and corner up movements, incredibly fast.

I have a Win 8 tablet and use all of that stuff and think it's great, but I don't really use it on my desktop and don't like it much with the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom