• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what I'm working on.

Unchecking the box will hide that section of the store, and will save your preferences for each store page. So now if you'd prefer to completely hide a section on the left-hand side of the store, you'll be able to once this goes live.

01d.gif

awesome work as usual.

Oh wait you're talking about Dragon Age 1 thought you meant the new upcoming one lol.

hah. I can't recommend a game that has not come out yet, but I did preorder it. Hoping it isn't a dumpster fire.

derExperte

I'm running on an 800W PSU for my 770 GTX, but that is only because I'm also pulling 6 HDD's too.

One hard drive requires less than 20W, maybe 15 and that's a 7200rpm drive when being used. So your PC won't even use 50% of the 800W under normal load, you probably could do 3x SLI with a 970 without issues.

Miguel81

That Opium Den bundle site looks rather unsanitary. Thanks for the heads up, anyway. I'll just go the safer route with the GG Rockstar bundle.

Unchecking the box will hide that section of the store, and will save your preferences for each store page. So now if you'd prefer to completely hide a section on the left-hand side of the store, you'll be able to once this goes live.

This would be perfect.

FloatOn

Is the main world open-worldish like DS1 or is it like the Nexus in Demon's Souls? I like the Nexus quite a bit and didn't feel like i was missing out on a secret or an area because of the hub system.

I have yet to play Demon Souls but I kind of understand how the Nexus works.

Dark Souls 2 does have a central "town" hub area where you do your leveling up and things. You are also able to warp from bonfire to bonfire so it's less of an open world and each area of the game definitely felt like it's own self-contained level. Though, I guess if you really wanted to you could just run through the whole thing by foot.

Is the main world open-worldish like DS1 or is it like the Nexus in Demon's Souls? I like the Nexus quite a bit and didn't feel like i was missing out on a secret or an area because of the hub system.

The DLC is split into 3 distinct areas you wrap to so that's kinda Nexus like, but the areas itself are DS1 open worldish and a bit more.

If you meant the base game, it's more like Nexus that spreads around the "Main area" in many different directions which at some point might split again and then ends (eventually) , no much looping back ala Dark Souls 1

Capcom pulls their inspiration from all over the place.
Mayor Mike Haggar is based off "Sleepy" from ultra-violent anime/manga Mad Bull 34. Naturally, googling for images will result in a ton of NSFW stuff.
Haha, Mad Bull 34 looks pretty tight.

Tizoc

Heh I contacted Playfire to refresh my account to get the Fables and FF4 rewards...it just gave me a reward for Strike Suit Zero from months ago XD.

Asgaro

My man..

01d.gif

Yakkue

Completed FFIV, but I think one achievement (the one in which you need to discover all locations) is bugged.

I just got that one, it isn't bugged. I had the worst of luck with it though. He was in the second to last location I searched. Or did you mean something else? I'm referring to the
Namingway Sidequest.

I have yet to play Demon Souls but I kind of understand how the Nexus works.

Dark Souls 2 does have a central "town" hub area where you do your leveling up and things. You are also able to warp from bonfire to bonfire so it's less of an open world and each area of the game definitely felt like it's own self-contained level. Though, I guess if you really wanted to you could just run through the whole thing by foot.

The DLC is split into 3 distinct areas you wrap to so that's kinda Nexus like, but the areas itself are DS1 open worldish and a bit more.

If you meant the base game, it's more like Nexus that spreads around the "Main area" in many different directions which at some point might split again and then ends (eventually) , no much looping back ala Dark Souls 1

Huh, makes me more interested in DS2 than DS1. Well, i guess i'll finally get to it and start these games. Thanks!

Milamber

One hard drive requires less than 20W, maybe 15 and that's a 7200rpm drive when being used. So your PC won't even use 50% of the 800W under normal load, you probably could do 3x SLI with a 970 without issues.

Actually, I was planning to PhysX my old GTX 460 but decided against it after I bought that PSU.

rtcn63

I'm running a 430w with a GTX 670. I recall one PC site or another saying that you could probably do SLI 670s with a 4-500w, though OC would be a question mark.

Regret it. If I bought a new card, I'm not sure if I have the motherboard space/PSU connectors necessary to use my 670 for physx. I may have to purchase an entirely new rig if Oculus Rift takes off, can't see it running smooth (1440p/90fps required right?) without SLI 970s or higher. I was expecting my current setup to last most of the current console generation, barring vram (only 2GB sadly).

Dr Dogg

Actually, I was planning to PhysX my old GTX 460 but decided against it after I bought that PSU.

Nothing wrong with a bigger PSU than you need but there's a chance something could go very wrong if you don't have enough juice for your system if you cheap out and buy one with a smaller output. They're all quite efficient these days but even cheapo PSU have hybrid fans that don't kick in until you're under 60-75% load. Also I'm not sure what prices are like for you but the difference between a half about 400w PSU and a 750w one here are about a tenner to £20 (though you can spend crazy money on them).

Yeah in my experience adding an extra GPU as a Physx card, unless it's a quick one doesn't gain too much accept for about 2 or 3 games that really use it. Sometimes putting a card that's too slow to do PhysX based calculations compared to your rendering GPU can actually slow things down (as was the case for my slotting a 9800GT in with a 480 for Mafia II where as the 480 on its own produced better results). The Batman games works well and actually disabling SLI and having one card render the game and the other do PhsyX calculations yields better results in Arkham Origins.

Anteater

Does Metal Gear Rising get better? So far it's been a joke of an arcade spam fest.

Heard on normal the game is a joke if you've played the other action games, so it's best to put it on hard. I can't say if it's less spammy but at least you'll rely a bit more on the parrying system, but I think I still mashed a bit through out the game due to not being familiar with the combos.

Skyzard

Banned
I think it must be the difficulty then, I just got up to the moo creature on two legs at the beginning. Will try replaying it on harder difficulty in a second thanks, I skipped all the cutscenes anyway :p

Skyzard

Banned
The first half an hour was pathetic on normal. It was like dynasty warrior shit (generous).

Light attacks to block as well...hope that works.

Gonna walk the dog and try this again.

derExperte

Nothing wrong with a bigger PSU than you need but there's a chance something could go very wrong if you don't have enough juice for your system if you cheap out and buy one with a smaller output. They're all quite efficient these days but even cheapo PSU have hybrid fans that don't kick in until you're under 60-75% load. Also I'm not sure what prices are like for you but the difference between a half about 400w PSU and a 750w one here are about a tenner to £20 (though you can spend crazy money on them).

Let's just say I wouldn't buy one of those. And PSUs have a range in which they work the most efficient, if 99% of the time you're running below that you're wasting energy. Not much when using a modern 80+ or better but still. A quality power supply will btw have no problems running significantly above specs and nothing will go wrong thanks to elaborate security measures. Much safer than running a cheap unit in general though the quality has improved overall.

Also while you're here did you see my post about the 840 EVO? You bought that cheap 1TB one too afair, right? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131468891&postcount=5283

I haven't gotten a coupon from Gamersgate but have gotten every other piece of their spam. Maybe it's due to only buying one game from there/being lvl 1

Jawmuncher

What exactly is the difference here.

PCI Express 3.0 x16 vs PCI Express 3.0

Tried to look it up have no clue what I am looking at.

Kiru

Yeah I'm interested in knowing where this coupon comes from as well. Is it something they sent out recently?

EDIT: Ah got it. Missed it the first time. Thanks.

Ah, I thought I was signed up, but I guess I wasn't. I'll wait a few days to see if I get the newsletter email, but then I'll probably just end up paying the full $10.

If one of you gets the coupon. Could you buy one copy for me too ? I could pay with 4 TF2 Keys. I can't buy it in cheap dollar price myself. Also signed up myself in case I get the coupon, lol.

Tellaerin

I go to sleep and I miss people talking about Sliders. Dammit. More confirmation that people here have good taste. Would love to see a Telltale Sliders game, ideally set sometime during seasons 1 and 2, featuring the original gang.

Am I in the Twilight Zone right now?

Welcome to Bizarro World, brah.

(I still need to pick up MGR:R. Hopefully it'll see a good discount during the Winter Seal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom