• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Let's just day I wouldn't buy one of those. And PSUs have a range in which they work the most efficient, if 99% of the time you're running below that your wasting energy. Not much when using a modern 80+ or better but still.

Also while you're here did you see my post about the 840 EVO? You bought one, right? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131468891&postcount=5283

I wonder how good any SSD firmware truely is, seems like almost every has some kind of issues sooner or later.

What exactly is the difference here.

PCI Express 3.0 x16 vs PCI Express 3.0

Tried to look it up have no clue what I am looking at.

16 is number of lanes. Almost every Gaming GPU is 16 lanes for maximum speed.

I bought 15 Operation Breakout keys, tried to do the trade and it keeps saying "items in backpack don't satisfy conditions".

Did you choose correct key from Dispenser page?

Had these lying around for a while...
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cyberquake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-101AFC27D68C5119 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-BA6E8AA4A0E2DDBA - Taken by Bubbavelli. 4 entrants total.

t1412020326z1.png

Dr Dogg

Let's just say I wouldn't buy one of those. And PSUs have a range in which they work the most efficient, if 99% of the time you're running below that you're wasting energy. Not much when using a modern 80+ or better but still. A quality power supply will btw have no problems running significantly above specs and nothing will go wrong thanks to elaborate security measures. Much safer than running a cheap unit in general though the quality has improved overall.

Also while you're here did you see my post about the 840 EVO? You bought that cheap 1TB one too afair, right? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131468891&postcount=5283

All depends really. Corsair, Seasonic et all charge an arm and a leg for their PSUs where someone like Super Flower produce some of the best available at half the price. But if something costs pennies it's probably worthless but a decent 500-750w PSU can be picked up here for £50-£60 depending on what retailer is feeling generous and having a sale.

Yeah I saw that, cheers for posting. Just hoping Samsung sort that out next month as it sounds like it's been going on a while.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom pulls their inspiration from all over the place.
Mayor Mike Haggar is based off "Sleepy" from ultra-violent anime/manga Mad Bull 34. Naturally, googling for images will result in a ton of NSFW stuff.

Having seen two videos with commentary that somebody, Chipcheezum, put out on the anime version, I can definitely see Haggar being inspired Sleepy. As in Capcom just took Sleepy and threw him into a video game.

Man, a Final Fight collection including 1-3 on Steam would be great.
So how do I get them :O

Gamersgate has the collection for $10. It apparently has 1 and 2 though it doesn't display that on the store.

derExperte

All depends really. Corsair, Seasonic et all charge an arm and a leg for their PSUs where someone like Super Flower produce some of the best available at half the price. But if something costs pennies it's probably worthless but a decent 500-750w PSU can be picked up here for £50-£60 depending on what retailer is feeling generous and having a sale.

Even the more expensive brands have good value lines these days but yeah, I'd consider 60-70€ for a 500W a reasonable starting point. I paid much more but wanted the most quiet unit which isn't fanless and it also depends on the features of course, can't live without cable management and that doesn't come free.

Anyway, the shit they sold in the old days sometimes was borderline dangerous while even the worst today won't burn your house down so it's not a life or death choice anymore....

I think it must be the difficulty then, I just got up to the moo creature on two legs at the beginning. Will try replaying it on harder difficulty in a second thanks, I skipped all the cutscenes anyway :p

I advise not skipping the cutscenes. The story is pretty shit, but it helps to have a remote clue as to what you are actually doing.

And wait until Blade Wolf. That is the first real test of the game, hope you learned how to Parry/Counter by then.

I thought I was crushing the game too, then Blade Wolf temple kicked me for a day or two until I learned how to actually play the game.

Dr Dogg

Trying to write a 'recommendation' for Final Fantasy XIII is a lot harder than I thought it would be. There's positives for me sure but I have to back out of what I'm writing as it goes off on a tangent all to easy.

Even the more expensive brands have good value lines these days but yeah, I'd consider 60-70€ for a 500W a reasonable starting point. I paid much more but wanted the most quiet unit which isn't fanless and it also depends on the features of course, can't live without cable management and that doesn't come free.

Anyway, the shit they sold in the old days sometimes was borderline dangerous while even the worst today won't burn your house down so it's not a life or death choice anymore....

It's one of those components that you want rock solid as it's the heartbeat of your system but there's still some over estimation from the old days of PSUs that state they deliver 500w but actually would crap out at just of 400. Like GPU vendors still way, way over estimate how big your PSU needs to be. My system at full load in SLI pulls less that 500w but according to Nvidia I should have a 600w PSU for just a single card.

Deitus

Can I do it even if its sitting in my account but not yet installed for the first time? I need to get gud at giveaways :(

In your account, or in your inventory? Once a game is added to your account, it's yours forever (barring a refund), and you can't gift it to anyone.

If you want to do giveaways, you need to check the option to buy the game as a gift, and then it will give you a gift copy.

EDIT: Nevermind. I missed an option on Gamestop's website.
I am a dolt.

IMO anyone new to MGR should just start with normal. Yeah it starts easy but then it throws shit at you that even on normal difficulty are an absolute pain in the ass (those fucking gorillas)
It's a short game anyway.

Parsnip

nice

any impressions so far?

I'm liking it.
It seems larger than the first two, and I've only fought one boss so far. It's really maze like in it's structure. It has that same feel for me that Undead Burg has, where you keep going forward but then you open a door and realize that hey it's a shortcut to an earlier part.

There's a lot of snow.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Damn, Amazon is currently offering a 3 cent (not percent) discount on Far Cry 4. That's really tempting. Thanks for the email Amazon.

Edit: Oh, it's just for the physical version. Well FUCK THAT THEN.

Dr Dogg

Very soon we're just going to having a game item page with nothing but a button saying 'Buy Me!' if Valve keep adding these features everyone loves to hate.

There's a lot of snow.

And now I have the lyrics to Informer stuck in my head.

Damn, Amazon is currently offering a 3 cent (not percent) discount on Far Cry 4. That's really tempting. Thanks for the email Amazon.

Is that a discount price of 3 cents or a discount for 3 cents off? As one seems crazy and the other seems pointless.

Edit: Hahaha never mind just seen your edit.

Skyzard

Banned
Awesome feature, jshackles.

(1) You're dead to me.
(2) Normal = Easy, Hard = Normal, Very Hard = Hard, REVENGEANCE = REVENGEANCE

It does seem better already on hard. I think I was too early but it was badddd on normal.

I advise not skipping the cutscenes. The story is pretty shit, but it helps to have a remote clue as to what you are actually doing.

And wait until Blade Wolf. That is the first real test of the game, hope you learned how to Parry/Counter by then.

I thought I was crushing the game too, then Blade Wolf temple kicked me for a day or two until I learned how to actually play the game.

Thanks for the warning, I'll try not to skip too many. Will watch a youtube vid for some tips on parry and countering, something to do with the light that appears I bet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
gw as always

I was planning to ask you for some time, maybe you know reason why Enchanted steam isn't autoupdating in FF? I checked settings autoupdate is on.

Do you have the latest version from the website? If you have it installed from the Mozilla Addon Store it hasn't been updated since version 5.9.1 due to their insane requirements and lengthy review times.

Sounds good. What kind of filtering it uses? As in, does it show early access, dlc etc?

This is simply returning the first 10 results from this page and formatting them correctly.

Arthea

just wait a moment, what's wrong with an arcade spam fest? even to the point that someone is dead to you just by saying that.

Do you have the latest version from the website? If you have it installed from the Mozilla Addon Store it hasn't been updated since version 5.9.1 due to their insane requirements and lengthy review times.

oh that explains it, thanks

Random ass question here, but has anyone here ever accomplished the rare feat of making the Steam version of Devil May Cry 3 work? I've tried the Style Switcher mod but it still doesn't fix the trigger issue and my cutscenes are broken even after a fresh install. I'm willing to accept the port is just fundamentally broken and uninstall it, but I thought I'd make one last effort to salvage it.

HEEEEREE WE GOOOOO
Please dont think im cheap ;_;
ModBot said:
Instructions for Bubbavelli:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bubbavelli, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Binding of Isaac Collection -- MB-AFC90617ECC46CC3 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 8 entrants total.
header_586x192.jpg

t1412034246z1.png

Watched a couple videos on Lichdom: Battlemage. It seems interesting enough to me. I may get it once it's on sale or something. I did get kinda irritated watching though when the person would never use the defense magic or another spell tied to the "Blink" ability. I'd imagine those are there for a reason.

HEEEEREE WE GOOOOO

I think you have to actually leave that part the ModBot gives you in quote tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom