• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

oh really? I have no intention of overclocking so yay

Yeah. Asus Strix is supposed to be passive at idle. Wonder why other brands didn't do it.
Currently my number one choice, but I'm waiting if rumours of 8 GB versions are true, so it will last longer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve employees get access to that.

I believe it gets revoked when you leave the company.

Not that specifically, but this, which is a CD key sub, not a store sub as the 'shopped image implies. The sub was emptied of all third-party content earlier in the year, though, so all it contains now is just Valve's own stuff, although if press accounts are any indication Valve employees can "buy" items from the store at no cost and I would assume if someone wanted any pulled content they could just generate keys for it.

just to head up guys
GTA Complete Package is $10 only , $8 if you use your coupon

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GTACC/grand-theft-auto-brthe-complete-package

6m0h4N8.jpg

zeUqEl1.jpg

God fucking damnit. Every time I want to take a break from buying gaems they just suck me back in. I was thinking how I needed vice city.

WHEN DOES IT END

Turfster

Humble 11bit bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth mobile campaign
  • Sleepwalker's Journey
  • Funky Smugglers
TIER 2: 6$
  • Anomaly Korea
  • Anomaly 2 + Bonus Content
TIER 3: 10$
  • Spacecom

So yeah, re-bundle except for Spacecom

God fucking damnit. Every time I want to take a break from buying gaems they just suck me back in. I was thinking how I needed vice city.

WHEN DOES IT END

If it makes you feel any better, Rockstar appears to have started updating San Andreas to have proper Xinput support and widescreen support. There's hope that they may also update the other ps2 ports to have those features as well.

I think this is a success story for Valve's system of choosing what to show you to be honest.
As much as I hate to see people not succeed, I kinda agree since the game is very...bleh.
Combat system is incredibly shallow and the writing is about on-par with a webcomic from 2003, and there's a LOT of dialogue, but for some reason despite there being a lot of text, nothing ever actually gets said, a lot of the quests consist of you running around town talking to people you dont care about, and there's only a few areas in the game in total. =/

It's got some nice battle sprites and the drawings for certain cutscenes are neato, buuut, that's about it.

If it makes you feel any better, Rockstar appears to have started updating San Andreas to ahve proper Xinput support and widescreen support. There's hope that they may also update the other ps2 ports to have those features as well.

It'll be quite nice to finally have some native support for those things. San Andreas was the hackiest one of them all in those aspects, and the patches/utilities/hacks never worked quite well enough.

Nabs

"Hexcells Infinite now supports custom levels created using the sixcells level editor."

This game just keeps getting better.

KarmaCow

Oh wow I didn't realise that you could play the Dark Souls 2 DLC as soon the update was pushed to you. I've always had it a day early thanks to the season pass but I thought you needed to wait till the official release.

Zafir

So either it's a worldwide release where everyone gets it at the same time or it's a timed release where people run to use VPNs.

One would think the WW release at the same time would be the most fair/best?
Oh definitely. It just sucks that it's not a midnight release. I don't get the random unlock times in all honesty. :p For the UK they end up being 6PM which is a bizarre unlock time.

madjoki

Oh definitely. It just sucks that it's not a midnight release. I don't get the random unlock times in all honesty. :p For the UK they end up being 6PM which is a bizarre unlock time.

I believe it's 10 AM PST, ie. the time steam store updates, so it's not totally random.

derExperte

when I do finally get a 970 I also need to buy a new power supply, mines is only 430w :(

If it's a quality psu you might be fine since the power draw will be around 300W or less for the whole system, depending on the 970 model. If not make sure to buy one the next time. :)

Kingpin and Surgeon Simulator DLC on sale (-50% and -75%). Glad I waited.

I'm surprised by the good user reviews, Kingpin was considered a subpar effort by almost everyone back in 99 which only had violence going for it. Nostalgia I guess.

Hmm, on the one hand, I woulda liked a midnight release of Shadow of Mordor (UK or US midnight) on Steam, rather than what I currently have of 6pm release. However, I don't think I'd have been able to play it before that time anyway. So, eh?

Anteater

damn, quit abyss odyssey at the boss and i guess it doesn't save, should really tell the user if it saves or not, I like to stop at the beginning of a level, oh well.

Wow Dark Souls 2: DLC 3 electric boogaloo is some AAA vidya.

It seems like the game was disappointing to DS1 fans but the DLC has been good. Is that really the case?

I'm going to start my first Dark Souls playthrough soon (played and loved Demon's Souls back when it launched) and i'm waiting for a good deal on DS2. Just wanted to know if i was reading into the general impressions correctly.

I want to want that GTA bundle but... I just can't. I overplayed the hell out of Vice City back in the day, hated San Andreas, and all the mehness over IV still leaves me meh towards it :p

If you haven't played it already, Episodes from Liberty City is better than GTAIV by like a million. Plus, so many great mods for GTAIV.

Amzin

I want to want that GTA bundle but... I just can't. I overplayed the hell out of Vice City back in the day, hated San Andreas, and all the mehness over IV still leaves me meh towards it :p

In better news, I think I'm finally going to actually progress through The Witcher

Vuze

You know I opened up my computer after like 8 months to clean it up (and let my bro borrow the DVD drive to install win8) and I realized that when I do finally get a 970 I also need to buy a new power supply, mines is only 430w :r

I have a Silver bequiet 450w and I'm super fine with my MSI 970 (8pin + 6pin) and i5 4570 so I wouldn't worry too much about your PSU if you have a half-decent one.

On an unrelated note, it sucks that my board is Crossfire-only. Guess I'll hold off SLI once more until I upgrade my CPU or find a cheap but high quality board for my socket. I should really have paid more attention to this when picking my parts but oh well, first build.

It seems like the game was disappointing to DS1 fans but the DLC has been good. Is that really the case?

I don't know about the disappointing to DS1 fans part as I love DS2 and have played around 250 hours of the first one. DLC for 2 is really really really good. The environments are awesome, the bosses are awesome
well one was just a palette swap so that one was kinda lame
and they are very challenging to say the least. Also they feel very Demons Soulian for me for some reason.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Finished both routes in Pyrite Heart.
Thought it was a nice little game for the 1.5 hours it took for both endings.
The choices here are pretty straight forward since it's a small VN. So getting the actual endings is very easy.
There's only one other part to see after getting both endings, which is who wins and who looses a Jeopardy game.
there's some funny scenes regarding who wins that. It's worth playing if you have any interest in it or want to dabble into some Otome.
It's also very tasteful for younger audiences nothing worse here than a PG film if even that

The body pillow though.

Dante is based on Cobra from Space Adventure Cobra, give it a read and watch it's pretty good albeit 80s era sci-fi
spaceadvcobrap1.jpg

Also don't search for images of it, the results are NSFW XP.

I never would have thought of that, huh.

Tales of Symphonia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Zestiria(Upcoming)

I'm guessing these would garner the most interest?

I'll buy a PC copy of Symphonia. Only other one that I've played on that list is Abyss, and I'd only buy it if it were bundled or $5, it was mediocre and bland for me. The other one I've played was Phantasia and I definitely wouldn't buy that again.

Heh, no. Abyss isn't even in the running. It's a great game, and one of the best Tales games. It's also my personal favorite, thanks to this guy right here.

Only character that I can actually stand in that game, too.

Don't you dare call tales a garbage bin series. That's completely untrue. If anything Final Fantasy is reliving old glory because every since XII. They been pumping out less than stellar games, delay after delay. Refuses to port games over or HD remake.

Tales > Final Fantasy

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

Sure, but before that let's have:
Shin Megami Tensei 3/Strange Journey/4
Shadow Hearts 1/2/3
Valkyrie Profile/Silmeria/Covenant of the Plume
Resonance of Fate

CBmNufP.gif

Brace yourself SteamGAF UPlay login from tomorrow is seamless

Took long enough.

Well, this should make some people happy. :)

Also you can set in the options to have this tab be the default one shown, if that's your thing.

I don't know why this isn't an option on regular Steam. Thanks for this.

Not sure if it's been posted here or not, but I've been playing The Sacred Tears TRUE, and the developers/publishers comments interested me and I thought it might interest some here.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/316840/discussions/0/34094415755552192/#c613937306791687835

I wonder how long this excuse is going to work.

I think this is a success story for Valve's system of choosing what to show you to be honest.

I'd like to hear your impressions on the game, since you've played it :p

Ty to everyone else for wishing me a happy bday :D
Humble 11bit bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth
  • Anomaly Warzone Earth mobile campaign
  • Sleepwalker's Journey
  • Funky Smugglers
TIER 2: 6$
  • Anomaly Korea
  • Anomaly 2 + Bonus Content
TIER 3: 10$
  • Spacecom

So yeah, re-bundle except for Spacecom
Lol that's a doodoo bundle, I'll pass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So this is what I'm working on.
Unchecking the box will hide that section of the store, and will save your preferences for each store page. So now if you'd prefer to completely hide a section on the left-hand side of the store, you'll be able to once this goes live.

I don't know about the disappointing to DS1 fans part as I love DS2 and have played around 250 hours of the first one. DLC for 2 is really really really good. The environments are awesome, the bosses are awesome
well one was just a palette swap so that one was kinda lame
and they are very challenging to say the least. Also they feel very Demons Soulian for me for some reason.

Is the main world open-worldish like DS1 or is it like the Nexus in Demon's Souls? I like the Nexus quite a bit and didn't feel like i was missing out on a secret or an area because of the hub system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom